• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Champions League - Last 16 Draw - BAYERN MUNICH

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

Re: Champions League - Last 16 Draw

North5 said:
I agree but do we have the resources currently to compete on two fronts?. Especially with our questionable situation up front and depth at centre back. Özil and Rammers are already looking knackered. We know we are on an upward spiral now but we aren't there yet. It's a PERFECT season to go all out for the prem. We need some silverware to announce that we are back. Things are only to be getting better over the next couple of years now we don't have the financial restrictions we've had over the last decade.
None of our team is looking tired apart from Giroud.[/quote]

Giroud is just back to his average self.

HeinrichII

Unless we start gaining some form and winning games to build up confidence for the next month and a half, we absolutely have no chance of matching up Bayern Munich.

Their advantage is that they rape teams quite quickly in their games, if you have seen their games in Bundesliga this season, you'll notice first half is the raping half, and then they just lower the throttle in the 2nd half and still play better than most teams.

Let's remember this team outclassed Dortmund recently, the Man City was a slip up and due to this game they gonna get better and better.

Bayern Munich has an amazing depth in their squad, way better than ours, so this makes Guardiola's life easy when rotating players and saving key players for the big games.

Need Özil, Cazorla and Rosicky to step up, otherwise see you all in Pot 2 next season.

mo50

Established Member
Our February/March schedule is brutal:

Feb 8 Liverpool(A)
Feb 13 Man United(H)
Feb 19 Bayern(H)
Mar 12 Bayern(A)
Mar 15 Totenham(A)
Mar 22 Chelsea(A)
Mar 29 ManCity(H)
Apr 5 Everton(A)

HeinrichII

mo50 said:

Feb 8 Liverpool(A)
Feb 13 Man United(H)
Feb 19 Bayern(H)
Mar 12 Bayern(A)
Mar 15 Totenham(A)
Mar 22 Chelsea(A)
Mar 29 ManCity(H)
Apr 5 Everton(A)

Win or die situation, these fixtures will practically tell us if we're getting or not the EPL this season.

Johnny_Blaze

Established Member
I've been banging on about the Feb/March nightmare for the last couple of months on this board. It was also the reason I became incensed when we threw the game against Napoli.

We need to strengthen in January desperately otherwise those two months are going to make the 07/08 collapse look like the Rio Carnival.

Sydney Gooner

Established Member
HeinrichII said:
mo50 said:

Feb 8 Liverpool(A)
Feb 13 Man United(H)
Feb 19 Bayern(H)
Mar 12 Bayern(A)
Mar 15 Totenham(A)
Mar 22 Chelsea(A)
Mar 29 ManCity(H)
Apr 5 Everton(A)

Win or die situation, these fixtures will practically tell us if we're getting or not the EPL this season.

Exactly. I would expect us to get wins against 'Pool, Manure, Sp**s and an unravelling Everton though.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Cindurin said:
Easily done, tweet all possible outcomes and then delete everything that didn't happen.

Well of course but what if that's not what they did.

blaze_of_glory

Either we go out early and have less games to play and distract from the league, or we get a massive boost by beating them. Either is good imo.

k24bfan

We are going out here. Guardiola knows he must win CL players will be up for it. Wenger needs to buy in Jan and focus on the FA cup and League Title.

TheGlitch

DanDare said:
Cindurin said:
Easily done, tweet all possible outcomes and then delete everything that didn't happen.

Well of course but what if that's not what they did.
If they released their so called predictions before the actual draw. There is something there.

SiMamu

Part time Leeds fan
V. Bayern:
---------Defence
-----Flamini-Ramsey
Walcott---Özil-----Rosicky
---------Podolski

Hit 'em on the counter.

Webdesignlab

Established Member
k24bfan said:
We are going out here. Guardiola knows he must win CL players will be up for it. Wenger needs to buy in Jan and focus on the FA cup and League Title.

The FA Cup is so low on the radar mate. PL push only for us this year. As it should be.

k24bfan

Webdesignlab said:
k24bfan said:

The FA Cup is so low on the radar mate. PL push only for us this year. As it should be.

I want PL first but if we are out of CL we should be putting decent teams in the FA cup. Our league challenge could be off by March for all we know(bad form and injuries). I feel like there is to much a disrespect for the FA cup now a days great competition to win.

SiMamu

Part time Leeds fan
The COC is a piece of p!ss, but disrespecting the FA Cup is despicable. Good honest trophy that allows the semi-pros to serve a fraction of their dreams. It's a perfectly good trophy to win. End of the day, even if we challenge for the title unsuccessfully, people are still going to take the Michael unless we win something.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

I do think the FA Cup has lost it's appeal and glamour BUT I think deep down that's probably because we have not been winning it or getting in to the final like we used to with United all the time. The Sp**s game is going to be great.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

k24bfan said:
I want PL first but if we are out of CL we should be putting decent teams in the FA cup. Our league challenge could be off by March for all we know(bad form and injuries). I feel like there is to much a disrespect for the FA cup now a days great competition to win.

I concur.

Looking realistically, our chances of the CL are, well not the greatest to put it blankly. Bayern are a mighty team, and bar the occasional chillaxing are brutal to play against.

The league, although winnable, would be no easy feat...at all.

So looking at it, we should give the FA a good try.

Sydney Gooner

Established Member
Jasard said:
I do think the FA Cup has lost it's appeal and glamour BUT I think deep down that's probably because we have not been winning it or getting in to the final like we used to with United all the time. The Sp**s game is going to be great.

It will be great because we'll win.

outlaw_member

Established Member
When was the last time we won a match/tie against a team that was par or superior than us, whilst contending with PL or CL pressure? 1-0 win against Chelsea in 2007?

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
We could have a better chance but thats only because Guardiola plays a far more open game then Jupp Heynkes Bayern team did. but anyway they look the real deal so far great team, great balance, great mentality.

arshy9

Established Member
<a class="postlink" href="https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BboJMKxIMAE8vo5.png" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BboJMKxIMAE8vo5.png</a>

The players should look at that picture and remember why that happened.They now have got another opportunity to show what they had wanted to show when it mattered most.

Jenkinson says that the camp is excited about the tie.

Arsenal Quotes

When I am asked why I stayed at Arsenal so long.. my answer is simple; I never wanted to be anywhere else. I could have earned a lot more elsewhere, but that wouldn't compensate for all the good years at Highbury.

David O'Leary

Latest posts

Top Bottom