• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win Champions League: Round of 16 2nd Leg: Arsenal [1] vs FC Porto [1] (4-2 pens) | Tuesday 12th March | KO: 20:00 GMT | TNT Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Screenshot-20240310-160437-Chrome.jpg

Screenshot-20240310-161344-Chrome.jpg

lineup.png

Prediction

Arsenal 3-0 Porto

Screenshot-20240310-161743-Chrome.jpg

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
The Champions League last 16 second leg is nearly here...

A stage we haven't got past since 2010, a stage that has seen us get beaten 5-1 and 10-2 in our last 2 appearances in it (plus how we fumbled it against a similar level side to this Porto team in Monaco before that too when we were favourites!) a stage few of our current players/coaches have ever reached before...and let's not forget how heartbreakingly hilariously we lost in the last minute in the 1st leg.

Don't know about you guys but I will be sitting down in front of my television EXTREMELY confidently on Tuesday night...

1710085348088.jpeg

...no nerves/tension at all from this guy!

Gunners1616

Think we are going to need Zinchenko and Jesus to unlock that defense. Very curious to see what starting 11 Mikel goes with.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Hope Jesus gets the start ahead of Trossard out wide, although I could see him playing Trossard at LW with Havertz at 8 and Jesus up front because of the need to score goals and Porto likely defending with everyone. I hope that's not what we see because Jorginho is key against these low blocks.

Sulosky

We'll see if Gabi is in the lineup. He could very well be, but would it be smarter to have him on the bench.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Come on Mikel and our players let's act like top team and get past this stage enough is enough getting knock out against these kind of teams in round of 16.

Jorginho must start and if Zinchenko fit too he should start Porto will go extreme deep block. Havertz stays as CF and G.Jesus LW.

We need every bit of creativity here even if mean we concede counters we need more than one solution to trouble Porto

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

This is a massive game for the clubs standing. Are we truly in the new era of arsenal or not?

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
We'll see if Gabi is in the lineup. He could very well be, but would it be smarter to have him on the bench.

I think they'll leave him out completely and try and get him out of international duty.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
We need to absolutely get the intensity right in the first 30 minutes. Suffocate the hell out of them and ramp up the noise in the stadium. Taking our chances when we inevitably get them is paramount.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
Nervous as **** for this game. We all know the amount of time they're going to waste, faking injuries and whatnot. Remember, the Portuguese have invented this tactic.

We have to score a quick goal and keep going after that. Three goals up and kill the game off. The players have some rest after this.

I'd start Jesus on the flank if Martinelli is out, Havertz up top of course to get some height in the box. I think we need Zinchenko and Jorginho too, they will be sitting deep and we need some quality vertical passing to unlock their defense.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
Nervous as **** for this game. We all know the amount of time they're going to waste, faking injuries and whatnot. Remember, the Portuguese have invented this tactic.

We have to score a quick goal and keep going after that. Three goals up and kill the game off. The players have some rest after this.

I'd start Jesus on the flank if Martinelli is out, Havertz up top of course to get some height in the box. I think we need Zinchenko and Jorginho too, they will be sitting deep and we need some quality vertical passing to unlock their defense.

We need to take their press out of the equation. We were having to play the ball amongst our defence in the initial game because their midblock press was extremely effective

Play a bit longer and start attacking their backline rapidly when we get the ball down.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
As @Riou said its been 14 years almost to the day since we last got through, in a home leg, against Porto, having to overturn a one-goal deficit from the away leg. Spooky.

For reference "In My Head" by Jason Derulo was #1 on this day, which I believe was a song about a serial killer who claimed he received instructions from a neighbor's dog.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

As @Riou said its been 14 years almost to the day since we last got through, in a home leg, against Porto, having to overturn a one-goal deficit from the away leg. Spooky.

For reference "In My Head" by Jason Derulo was #1 on this day, which I believe was a song about a serial killer who claimed he received instructions from a neighbor's dog.

All I know is David Berkovitz, dog included, would've done a lot better than Ten Hag at United's helm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If you don't believe you can do it then you have no chance at all.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom