• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Chelsea FC: Carabottlejobs

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Chelsea brought in a lot of players after their transfer ban. Perhaps that can explain some of it. On the other hand, Tuchel suffered at PSG, which is admittedly a basket case.

It is an unpopular view, but stability isn't a bad trait in a football club, and firmness towards the squad is underrated.

For me football is quite binary. You either win or don’t.

Multiple ways of going about it. Just seems like the majority of top managers work on short term cycles.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I guess I'm in danger of being Arteta's knight in a shining armour, but in my view the squad needed a firm hand after Emery. Yes, he has been heavy handed, but the players are clearly onside. He'll have to learn to relent, but for now he has instilled discipline without losing the players.

Lukaku was totally out of order, and I actually think that Tuchel dealt pretty well with that.
Arteta is ridiculous of course he has right to exile players if they did something worng repeatedly but you have to forgive this side of his management need to be better. about Tuchel yes he did the right thing but also Lukaku been s**t signing for 100M so even Tuchel not play him he not doing something because Lukaku don't deserve to start.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Arteta is ridiculous of course he has right to exile players if they did something worng repeatedly but you have to forgive this side of his management need to be better. about Tuchel yes he did the right thing but also Lukaku been s**t signing for 100M so even Tuchel not play him he not doing something because Lukaku don't deserve to start.
I think perhaps the signings are a source for quiet optimism. We seem to have recruited players with the right attitude, and it is not because they are all yes men. Ramsdale is clearly a maverick gone over the top at times, which is certainly not something you could accuse Tomi or Øde of, but they seem all to get get on with it. You need different personalities, but an ethos of professionalism. I think the signings in the summer had that.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

I guess I'm in danger of being Arteta's knight in a shining armour
Careful there, but you saved it by putting in the caveat yourself. Don't break Golden Rule #1: Never allow anything that goes on around the club to reflect positively on Arteta!

;) Just pulling your leg, but couldn't help posting something. I have fallen into that trap myself given the unbridled Arteta hate that has been the corporate position du jour for quite some time on A-M...

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

His way don’t seem to be the one for the long term.

Not that it’s a bad thing but guys like him and Conte cycle through clubs quicker than even the likes of Mourinho.
Tuchel has been described as quite difficult to work with in the clubs he has been. At Dortmund I think he really fell out with the club if I recall correctly.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

I think perhaps the signings are a source for quiet optimism. We seem to have recruited players with the right attitude, and it is not because they are all yes men. Ramsdale is clearly a maverick gone over the top at times, which is certainly not something you could accuse Tomi or Øde of, but they seem all to get get on with it. You need different personalities, but an ethos of professionalism. I think the signings in the summer had that.
Think the key here is professionalism. The squad clearly needed a dose of that. The whole place simply had become way too lax and unprofessional. Changing that will not come without pain.

Working in larger cooperations I have always been surprised by all the talk of change. But no one is really willing to talk about the cost and pain associated with real change. Which is why it often just becomes talk and is totally superficial. Real change almost never happens unless it is forced upon cooperations due to outside forces.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
That was the Community Shields, of Community Shields, that the Chavs just won :(

Say it everytime...but all the leagues and cups we won from 1997-2005, was brilliant, but we really should have more European honours than just the 2 we have.

We had the players and manager back then, to be the champions of both Europe and the World...shame.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

That was the Community Shields, of Community Shields, that the Chavs just won :(

Say it everytime...but all the leagues and cups we won from 1997-2005, was brilliant, but we really should have more European honours than just the 2 we have.

We had the players and manager back then, to be the champions of both Europe and the World...shame.

At least they got taken to 120 minutes.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Is it fair to say Chelsea have the least potent attack in the top 6? Excluding City and Pool. Let’s just look at the players of each team and their goal contributions.

Chelsea: Lukaku(5), Pulisic(3), Mount(13), Ziyech(6), CHO(3), Havertz(3) and Werner(2).
= 35 G+A

Arsenal: Laca(8), Saka(11), ESR(11), Pepe(1), Ødegaard(7), Martinelli(6), Auba(5) and Nketiah(0).
= 49 G+A

United: Ronaldo(12), Sancho(2), Rashford(6), Elanga(1), Bruno(13), Greenwood(6), Lingard(2) and Cavani(3).
= 44 G+A

Spuds: Kane(9), Son(14), Kuluskevki(2), Bergjewn(3), Ali(1) and Lucas(6)
= 35 G+A

West Ham: Antonio(14), Bowen(16), Fornals(7), Benrahma(9), Lanzini(6) and Vlasic(1)
= 53 G+A

Champions of the world, hmm.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

"it's not the time to laugh about Romelu"

ronburgundy-agree.gif

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Don't think there is a legal framework to do so. It's ridiculous that the Champions League final is not moved however....
It will be moved currently Russia not deserve to host anything until the crisis are over. I don't think it even safe.

Arsenal Quotes

I always wanted to play in English football and Arsenal and Highbury IS English football to me.

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom