• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Chinedu Obasi

Ratinho

Established Member
Christ, the irony of someone complaining about us looking at buying in another talented youngster, because we already have talented young forwards......hmmm, and how did we end up with them here?

And Trezeguet? :lol:

Know nothing about him, so i'll saying nothing further than I trust our scouts.

M+D

Established Member
Another Nigerian wants to play for us!

Despite departing Nigeria for Belgium for trails last week, Ocean Boys captain and Flying Eagles sensation, Blessing Okardi has revealed that playing for English Gunners, Arsenal, is his utmost dream.

Disclosing this to Tidesports source in an exclusive interview at his Kilo Hotel base before departing Lagos”, Okardi maintained that he hopes to launch his professional career with the Gent deal, while aiming for a place in Arsène Wenger’s youthful squad.

“My focus is to play in Arsenal but I want to use this Gent’s deal to launch my career in Europe and I believe my dream will be realised very soon.

“My style of play suits Arsenal and it has been my dream to play. under the great Arsène Wenger”, he revealed.

He added that he hopes to use the obstacles encountered so far as a stepping stone, and stressed that no good thing comes easy.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Always like Henning berg even thou he played for Manure, isn't he the only one to have won the PL with two clubs? Was Captain of Blackburn or was that Shearer?

Grampus_Eight

Henning Berg is one hell of a salesman. He could sell ice to Norwegians.

By the way, I'm sold on this guy being worth a trial. He impressed at the last u-20 youth cup along with his teammates Mikel and Taiwo, then again Quincy looked the bees knees there. Against Japan Quincy looked like Maradona in the '78 youth cup against Japan as well.

Also, for those clips, however limited they were, you have to be impressed by Edu as an athlete - however weak his opposition.

I hope this undisclosed trail was at Colney and he replaces one of the departing attackers.

dos1986

Established Member
Nice clips even though its against very weak opposition you have to be impressed with his finishing and pace,hopefully this is the reason Arsène is going to sell stokes.lupoli etc to bring in this guy or someone with similar attributes I see more of thierry in this guy than I do in theo to be honest he has pace,skills,touch and a similar build to thierry.
Im not saying he is the next henry or anything anyway im just glad Arsène is looking at athletes like this we have lost a good bit of pace and power over the last few years which needs to replaced imo

Grampus_Eight

dos1986 said:
Nice clips even though its against very weak opposition you have to be impressed with his finishing and pace,hopefully this is the reason Arsène is going to sell stokes.lupoli etc to bring in this guy or someone with similar attributes I see more of thierry in this guy than I do in theo to be honest he has pace,skills,touch and a similar build to thierry.
Im not saying he is the next henry or anything anyway im just glad Arsène is looking at athletes like this we have lost a good bit of pace and power over the last few years which needs to replaced imo

Well put. Edu Ugbuke looks at least to be an Arsenal type player, so he could potentially fit in nicely and looks like he could operate out wide in the midfield if need be as well.

Had Stokes scored 10 goals in the Championship or 5-6 in the Premiership it would be hard to let him go. But given that he is competing primarily against Adebayor, Baptista and Bendtner for a spot as the third or fourth striker (and he doesn't offer anything specifically different or better than any of them) cashing out (with a buy-back and sell-on clauses of course) seems the best thing to do. It would have been nice to have an Irish lad in the first team though.

But, I'd rather see us sell Ali, Lupoli and Stokes to help fund some Arsenal types like Edu or Vonlanthen, Odemwingie, Kader-Keita, Kone, Tranquillo Barnetta or some of the others on my wishlist.

The club could certainly also use the cash to help add the players we need or are going to need: some wide midfielders, cover for Gilberto, competition at left back and of course a goal keeper.

Amadeor

To be honest, of your wishlist, only two players have the potential to reach the very top: Barnetta and Edu Ogbuke. All the others lack something.

Grampus_Eight

Amadeor said:
To be honest, of your wishlist, only two players have the potential to reach the very top: Barnetta and Edu Ogbuke. All the others lack something.

I agree with you that many or even all of these players lack something, but they also bring an added deminsion, the potential to finish and something a bit special when it comes to speed, physical ability and the potential to score goals.

I hope the next round of the CL will provide some answers on whether the PSV and Lille wide men could make an impact in the English league - surely if Kader-Keita and Odemwingie in particular continue to impress against top sides both internationally and in CL they have something that at the right price we could use.

Vonlanthen's stock is down at the moment, but he has talent. Kone can score goals, but may not have the mentality to play English football or succeed at this high a level. However, these players are all very good athletes and could initially come in as squad players and surely wouldn't cost what the likes of Ribery, Queresma, Sabrosa, Joaquin would - and of that group only Ribery and Sabrosa would have a good chance of success, the other two do not have the mentality to make it here.

Amadeor

They might add something, but what would we have to sacrifice to bring them in?

I'm not sure if Odemwingie could be a Premiership star striker. He's quite a good striker, scores a lot of goals, but physically, he hasn't got something that sets him apart. He's not uberfast like Henry, he's not uberstrong like Rooney or ubertechnicallike RVP. He would be a good PL striker, not a special one imo.

Kader-Keita has the physical attributes, but the finishing can be wayward, similar to Arouna Kone. Both very pacy, very good dribbling, but especially with Kone, the finishing is totally unpragmatic and often disastrous.

Volanthen imo is a perfect finisher, really very good, but he lacks the physical presence or power. Furthermore, he's got a dubious character. There's something petulantly arrogant about the boy. Cassano-style.

Edu Ogbuke, he could be a big one. If there's one thing that scares the **** out of defenders, it's pace. He's superfast, technically very strong, a purposeful finisher. If he keeps his head, there is no reason why he can't be a new Eto'o. He has everything.

Barnetta - I always found him to have a beautiful style. He has something special, but it's not a given that it will come out at the very top.

Interesting names though. Liked your post.

kel varnsen

Established Member
edu is a very good player. as mentioned, he's quick, but his game isn't 'based' on his speed. he is much more of an all-round player, with well rounded skills, than a super quick striker.

what i like the most about edu, is his natural 'footballing intelligence'. his movement off the ball is terrific. he is so good at adjusting his movement in accordance to whoever has the ball; he always keeps eye contact with the player who has the ball and adjusts his run accordingly. a bit like crespo and rooney. as such, he is often able to find space in behind the back four.

technically, he's very good. his first touch is usually excelent and his close control while running is better than most. he is also able to keep his head up, most of the time while running with the ball, and his vision is therefore also quite good. especially for a young forward. he links up well with others and enjoys quick, passing football. finally, he's a natural goal scorer. when he gets a goal chance, he usually puts it away and doesn't hesitate in front of goal. he's got a good shot and rarely loses his composure in front of goal.

as for weaknesses, he is physically not the strongest of players. he's not weak, but he's more of an eto'o than a drogba. furthermore, he will take some time to get used to the pace of the premiership if he comes to england.

Amadeor

Agree with your opinion on him. Most young Africans have a fairly high headless-chicken-degree. This guy is very purposeful and pragmatic. For me, he has no real weaknesses. Maybe his temperament, and his "entourage", but footballistically, he has absolutely everything going for him. I would cheer if we were to get him.

The only thing is the agents. They're probably the reason why the transfer to Moscow bounced off. Do you know anything more about this?

Arsenal Quotes

No one could have imagined for a single second that he would come to us. Only David Dein, Sol, his agent, and I knew what was going on. When I called a press conference to announce the arrival of a new player, and Sol Campbell walked into the room full of journalists, it was a bombshell.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom