• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Arsenal vs Dinamo Kiev | 25/11/08

IBL

Established Member
Time for a reaction (again!). Will be interesting to see how the crowd takes to Wenger, I'd hate for them to jeer him but the man has some serious work to do, more than ever in his reign here I'd say.

I was thinking of saying that our continental style of play will see us continue being strong contenders for the CL but I fear that our domestic form will be carried over into this competition, in fact we could see some of that in our last game against Fenerbache. We dont need to do much to get in the next round but I'd rather see us qualify well rather than stumble over the line.

Arsenal line up: some losers

Dynamo line up: players you probably never heard off

(Someone else can dress it up better.)

C'mon Arsenal!!

SimplyFabregas

Established Member
Re: Arsenal vs FC Dyano Kyiv, Tuesday Nov 25th 7:45 GMT

I reckon he'll go for, dependent on whose injured.

Almunia

Toure-Djourou-Silvestre-Clichy

Ramsey-Cesc(C)-Denilson-Nasri

Van Persie-Adebayor

He hasnt dropped Denilson so far, and i can't see him dropping him here unfourtanately.

I reckon he'll give Ramsey a go, he's been given more opportunities in Europe and he showed what he can do.

For some reason known only to Wenger, i still can't see Vela getting a start.

arsenalfc0719

Established Member

Dinamo aren't going to be giving us any space, its going to be tough to score against them. At least Fabregas, our only player that has the ability to create chances i such games will be back, if he has a good we could win it, if not, I can't see us winning.

famous no 10

Established Member

Just win this one, damnit, and lets forget the cl until next year when we might actually have a team worth talking about.

If we **** this up and lose...oh, it just does'nt bare thinking about.

nazo

Established Member

Just send out a team to win the game.

Anzac

Established Member

Don Pacifico said:
SimplyFabregas said:
bluenaz said:
Just send out a team to win the game.

You should ring Wenger with those tactics.

Heh, it's better than sending out a team that 'we hope might win'.

or a team with the intention of to 'try to not lose the game'........
:wink:

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus

Ice Berg legend said:

C'mon Arsenal!!
And a team too: Dyano (in title). :D

C'mon Arsenal, you lovable losers you!!

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Just win this bloody game so we can stop worrying about qualifying to the KO stage.

IBL

Established Member

AnthonyG said:
Ice Berg legend said:

C'mon Arsenal!!
And a team too: Dyano (in title). :D

C'mon Arsenal, you lovable losers you!!
lol it wasnt even slightly wrong

kel varnsen

Established Member
Re: Arsenal vs FC Dynamo Kyiv, Tuesday Nov 25th 7:45 GMT

if denilson, diaby or bendtner starts this match, then wenger truly has gone mad. there can be no other explanation. how else could what is supposedly a premiership contender continue to let **** players get a second chance? denilson has what, 13 starts in the premiership this season and he's been **** or mediocre in all of them.

progman07

Established Member

Fabianski

Eboue Djourou Toure Clichy

Wilshere Ramsey Cesc Nasri

Ade/Vela RvP

That team MUST play (of course depending on injuries).

We need some creativity, flair, movement and desire. We need QUALITY players on the pitch. The fans who go to Emirates don't buy ticket into the circus to watch clowns. They go to watch Arsenal win a football game. Thus, Denilson, Song, Diaby, Bendtner, Sylvestre, Almunia have nothing do to near the stadium.

You could reply that we need experience and strength, but that is something we only can fix in January. Until then, we have to rely on young quality.

M+D

Established Member

-------------- Fabianski ------------

Toure --- Djourou --- Song --- Clichy

-------- Fabregas - Ramsey -----------

RVP ----------- Vela --------- Nasri

-------------- Simpson ----------------

We need a guy who is willing to stay up front, and not drop back to link up play constantly. And with Ade out we may as well stick jay Simpson in, he at least will close people down, run down channels, give the midfield options and try his heart out for the club. If we try to make the midfield work defensively we're going to fail, so play 4-2-3-1, have Ramsey and Fabregas pulling the strings from deep to set up Vela and Simpson, with RVP and Nasri cutting in and shooting when they get the chance.

It might not work, but it can't do much worse than the inevitable team including Diaby, a RVP/Bendtner duo up front and a Fabregas/Denilson partnership, all of which aren't working.

Shadow Moses

Established Member

Merida+Denilson said:
We need a guy who is willing to stay up front, and not drop back to link up play constantly. And with Ade out we may as well stick jay Simpson in, he at least will close people down, run down channels, give the midfield options and try his heart out for the club. If we try to make the midfield work defensively we're going to fail, so play 4-2-3-1, have Ramsey and Fabregas pulling the strings from deep to set up Vela and Simpson, with RVP and Nasri cutting in and shooting when they get the chance.

It might not work, but it can't do much worse than the inevitable team including Diaby, a RVP/Bendtner duo up front and a Fabregas/Denilson partnership, all of which aren't working.

Couldn't agree more. Nothing more annoying with the new Arsenal than supposed strikers coming into midfield to recieve the ball leaving the attack with no focal point and at the same time slowing down play. The sooner this team goes back to a pace, direct striker the better. Can you imagine the number of through passes Simpson would recieve from both Cesc & Ramsey? The kid loves to run and he's as direct as we've got at Arsenal atm.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member

I wish we had taken one of those chances against Fener the other week to take the pressure off for this game. I'm not confident at all, and there's still an outside chance that we may not go through in this group despite being top. Would it be that surprising if drop points in both of our last two games?

I hope Adebayor and Eboue are fit for this one.

hackajack

Established Member

Klaus Daimler said:
Has Ade been ruled out of this game already?
I had assumed he was being rested against City as a precaution ahead of Kiev. I'm not sure I can face another 90 minutes of Nik stumblebumming around in his current form.

CrazyInLoveWithArsenal

Should Bendtner start this game I would lose all hope in humanity. Would rather have Simpson upfront.

Arsenal Quotes

I tried to watch the Sp*rs match on television in my hotel yesterday, but I fell asleep.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom