• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Arsenal vs Lokomotiv Moscow | 10/12/03

n_henry

Haven't watched the game yet - but can't wait til I do so in an hour or so. :D

Really anxious to see how Paddy looks on his return. I think he did all right. :cool:

Adam

Established Member
The team did just as i hoped it would. It played it's natural high pressing game and it forced the Russians into errors. We didn't give them possesion in midfield, and allowed their back four to primarily have the ball. This was the high pressing Wengerball of 01/02. Where solidarity and flair is combined.

The Russians composure was stifled.

But more importantly - they didn't learn the art of playing at Highbury. Small pitch and they overhit crosses, passes and we could pressure them in a tighter space. The slippy surface didn't help both teams.

Big positives - Vieira was at 80 percent but he was still the best player on the pitch - him and Pires the notable performers in midfield. Toure and Cole were outstanding. Sol Campbell diminished Loko's confidence with his pure strength. Henry got an assist and played poorly by his standards.

Criticisms: Ljungberg and Pires in the same team made our midfield slightly vulnerable on the wings - but Cole and Toure were lions. Ljungberg didn't even bother to play on the right and he let Toure (physical monster) dominate there. Ljungberg cant have the same attitude with Lauren - (they are both lightweight ) and we will get punished by better teams with better players if he does this. That's why i believe Parlour on the right is a better option for some big games, as does Wenger.

Bergkamp, Cygan, Ljungberg and Gilberto were not up to the standard of the other players on the night. Maybe these are positions Arsène will think about strengthening for the CL assault.

Guys! Congratulations! You are so f*cking lucky that you don't have to sell your precious Tity! Everybody knows that you are strongly in debt (around 265m pounds). The higher you are in CL the further you are from Potanin :D

spivakov

Adam, dear answer your question.
no any connection between russian spirit and buying two class forward.
and if under the truth ,in Loko real Russian spirit while at the Arsenal there is a French spirit more likely .
in fact to tell the truth owing to the French players you also have won yesterday

Adam

Established Member
spivakov said:
Adam, dear answer your question.
no any connection between russian spirit and buying two class forward.
and if under the truth ,in Loko real Russian spirit while at the Arsenal there is a French spirit more likely .
in fact to tell the truth owing to the French players you also have won yesterday

Arsenal brought out the English in the French players. England provided a base for these players to understand the value of commitment, and hard work. Their failed doings at other clubs emphasizes this.

SydneyGunnerFan

i heard that a swedish player scored a goal for us so it wasnt all french players that were involved ok its was freddie who scored the goal to seal the win if i remember correctly

Mr. Spivakov, try to read some newspapers about football and get more informed. In this case try yesterdays' The Guardian. You are farting in atmosphere with no reason

MadUKV

spivakov: Adam is right, the major thing is club spirit, not the nationality of players.
Vadim Evseev: Please, don't speak rude, otherwise you'll cover _real_ Vadim Evseev with dirt.

I just don't understand one thing. Dear spivakov isn't informed but still he is barking... And about covering real Evseev with dirt: It's impossible cause he'll say Huy Vam!

Kyla

Adam said:
Criticisms: Ljungberg and Pires in the same team made our midfield slightly vulnerable on the wings - but Cole and Toure were lions. Ljungberg didn't even bother to play on the right and he let Toure (physical monster) dominate there. Ljungberg cant have the same attitude with Lauren - (they are both lightweight ) and we will get punished by better teams with better players if he does this. That's why i believe Parlour on the right is a better option for some big games, as does Wenger.
quote]

Adam- r u suggesting that Ljungberg had a poor game or that simply he and Pires left all the hard work to the fullbacks? I thought Pires was influential and Freddie tracked back well when he had to. I'm delighted that our midfielders are getting back on the scoresheet- although it still alarms me that Thierry is once again at the hub of everything- can't believe I'm asking this but was Thierry lacklustre y/day (albeit with two great assists) or was he not fully fit?

I admit that Bergy didn't have a good game. Cygan was ok in my opinion- really spared Campbell's blushes at the end-I hate it when Sol thinks he can "play" the ball away- if he's unsure he should just go back to the unflattering but age old tactic of hoofing the ball.

Adam

Established Member
Chukcha - the comment was fair in relation to the response. I used his logic to explain Loko. I don't believe that you have bought spirit. Look at the home game in Russia - your team and crowd showed spirit and commitment. Apologies if this was interpreted incorrectly.

Kyla - I speculate that playing against a bigger team with Lauren behind him, Freddie cannot be so indisciplined in terms of playing RM. This game had special circumstances. He had Toure behind him and Loko did not use the width on the right. Kolo had little to do.

Jinn

Established Member
That game was the start of our turnaround.

We have discovered the real Arsenal by coming through those diffuclt times.

Arsenal Quotes

As a club, we have an educational purpose: to give back to those people who love Arsenal so that they learn moral values from our game and how we behave.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom