• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Arsenal vs Porto | 26/09/06

cubbz_th14

thats three wins now - according to wenger a win here would put us into a great position to qualify - we have been able to find our feet after a horrid start - porto, although not the same team cannot be written off as they have some great players who play a good technical game in the mid-field, however i see arsenal winning it 2-0 on the night.

Soler

Established Member
Fairly comfortable win for us I should think. Porto don't worry me, even though their league form has been impressive. 2-1 win for the Arsenal, Baptista to get off the mark with a goal.

Goalkeeper

We seem to do all right against teams that don't park a bus in front of goal and actually attack us and Porto won't be looking for a draw. With that in mind, it should be a comfortable victory.

Shadow Moses

Established Member
Will be a tough and tricky match. English teams don't usually play well against Portuguese teams so I'm a bit worried.

still 2 -1 to Arsenal

Honestly I am looking foward to seeing Anderson play. Seen him a couple times and he has looked great,also Queresma is a good little player. However I think we will prove to strong.

Arsenal 3 Porto 1

Henry 32' Gonzalez 90'
Baptista 67'
Ljungberg 79'

Come you Gooners!

Reyes no.11

i think we should revert back to our great 4-5-1 in europe. This year, i think its even better suited to us due to rosicky. I don't wanna play ljungberg but i can't see wenger starting walcott. i wouldn't start baptista there as he plays more central.

-------------------Lehmann

Eboue-------Toure---------Djourou----Gallas

-------------------Gilberto
-----------Fabregas-------Rosicky
Hleb--------------------------------Ljungberg
--------------------Henry

Overall we have a superior team but Porto have a few threatning players. Quaresma and Anderson are players who don't need to be in a system that is performing because they can do it for themselves and take on players to create. Gallas and Eboue can handle them though.

I am a bit worried about their striker Adriano though, he is inconsistent but has great aerial ability.

I'd like to think Baptista will get a starting spot, he's played 5-6 games as a sub for Brazil and Arsenal. Walcott should get a go off the bench too.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
would be a simple win. 3-0 would do for me. porto is too lousy in defence

apollo

You will never know.... said:
Honestly I am looking foward to seeing Anderson play. Seen him a couple times and he has looked great,also Queresma is a good little player. However I think we will prove to strong.
quote]

have you seen him cross a long ball from the left side??! (he's right footed) :D ....he does it in a very strange yet professional way.!!

I suspect a 1-0 or a 2-1 struggle for Arsenal...Porto's way of playing football has always been great

choi12911

You will never know.... said:

Arsenal 3 Porto 1

Henry 32' Gonzalez 90'
Baptista 67'
Ljungberg 79'

Come you Gooners!
Even predicting when the goals are going to be scored? :p

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
FC Porto Squad list:

1 Helton GoalKeeper
24 Paulo Ribeiro GoalKeeper
99 Vítor Baía GoalKeeper
12 Bosingwa Right-back
13 Fucile Right-back
2 Ricardo Costa Central Defender
3 Pepe Central Defender
4 Pedro Emanuel Central Defender
14 Bruno Alves Central Defender
26 João Paulo Central Defender
5 Marek Cech Left-back
15 Ezequias Left-back
6 Ibson Central Midfielder
16 Raul Meireles Central Midfielder
18 Paulo Assunção Central Midfielder
7 Quaresma Right Midfielder
11 Sektioui Right Midfielder
21 Alan Right Midfielder
8 Lucho González Attacking Midfielder
10 Anderson Attacking Midfielder
20 Jorginho Attacking Midfielder
31 Diogo Valente Left Midfielder
9 Lisandro Lopez Forward
17 Vieirinha Forward
19 Sokota Forward
23 Hélder Postiga Forward
28 Adriano Forward
29 Bruno Moraes Forward

DBmagik10

well Arsène always manages to surprise people i think walcott will start this one and freddie wont even be on the bench as he took more than a couple of knocks saturday. AW knows this will be more of a technical chess battle rather than old fashioned english bludgeoning match so Theo starts foe me and gives us an added dimension. look freddie is arsenal legend but what we've seen of theo he can do all freddie can and more. it's hard tackles that wenger is worried about but that shouldnt be the case here. yes things could get rough and porto get more physical if we're one or two up but by then theo can be subbed. it'll make more sense to start him rather than put him on the bench.

polar87

Anderson and Quaresma are superb player, i cant believe there at porto. If wenger fails to bring in ribery, i would love for him to approach quaresma and/or anderson.

Iv got a seat at this match, i cant wait for the game, atmosphere will be hectic

Arsenal Quotes

We lacked a little bit of sharpness

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom