• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL : Arsenal Vs Roma : first leg 24/2/09 : Emirates

banduan

Established Member
can someone tell these players to turn up for the 'small' matches as well? If they can play like this who the **** was it what turned up v spuds?

USgoonergirl

Established Member
banduan said:
can someone tell these players to turn up for the 'small' matches as well? If they can play like this who the f**k was it what turned up v spuds?
agree 100%, its always that way after these CL matches isnt it though? Great performance with alot of spirit and everyones singing their praises and then the weekend comes, back playing against negative smaller teams, and the spirit is gone and its back to before.

Anzac

Established Member
Better result than I expected, but then again we've been saying how this team & system is designed for the CL. Not surprised that Bendtner wasn't convincing - I don't like the partnerships with him & RVP/Ade. A pity that Bischoff isn't in the squad.

AW has come out & said that we will need to attack in Rome so as to score an Away goal.

I haven't seen the game but I'm bemused to see Eboue rating above average.

Viking

thegame24 said:
lol @ all those defenders supposedly beter than gallas, just LOL

If you honestly think Gallas is the best centreback in the league, and is better than Vidic, I have no idea what to say.

But I agreee he's been solid since the Villa game.

banduan

Established Member
USgoonergirl said:
banduan said:
can someone tell these players to turn up for the 'small' matches as well? If they can play like this who the f**k was it what turned up v spuds?
agree 100%, its always that way after these CL matches isnt it though? Great performance with alot of spirit and everyones singing their praises and then the weekend comes, back playing against negative smaller teams, and the spirit is gone and its back to before.

What it shows is that our lads have the ability but not the will nor hunger. That wrecks me.

Unforgiven

Established Member
I must say the performance was brilliant yesterday. Considering how many players were out the passing from the players was perfect. I think that everyone on the pitch had a great game, even though Eboue and Bendtner missed their chances. I am frustrated that we didn't score any more goals like we should have done, but the performance was really good.

KY

Established Member
Alfonso said:
Oh, and we have never won on a wed this season, I hope this changes two weeks tomorrow.

We don't need a wn. I'm happy with a draw. just maybe don't think i can stand the suspense. :D

marco

IN A WEIRD SADISTIC WAY IM KIND OF PLEASED WE DIDNT WIN 3 OR 4 NIL..
WOULD HAVE MADE THE TRIP TO ROME A LITTLE LESS EXCTIING!!!

thought we played well denilson and diaby worked well together.. and created loads fo chances bentner and eboues were woeful misses and bentdner ducked out of a couple if the first half and his first tocuh is appalling!!
thought he did quite well left wing as he does bring other players into the game quite well..

roma were bllody shocking though could easily have done them 3 or 4!
just hope we are saving the goals for the league or something...

they should be a different proposition in rome though!

baccy_man

Established Member
James said:
It's also been very quiet on the William Gallas front on here lately. The guy has been a beast for past 3 or 4 months.

he got a right old back heal in the chops, that must have hurt.

Biggus

Established Member
We had a lot of possession and not a single shot on target for ages, Roma had the best chance and were unlucky not to be 1-0 up- we were very lucky we won that game as the finishing was woeful. But I'm delighted we seem to be steadying the ship and forgetting how to lose- most important to improve morale. I'm not that worried about the goals not flowing they will come. We will still need a bit of luck, but I'm optimistic we can pinch one at the Olympic stadium and go through.

WTF was Wenger doing leaving Nik (first touch of a rapist) Bendtner on the pitch until 65 minutes????

ivansen

Best performance of the season. Shame about the lack of goals. Just imagine if Eduardo had played instead of Bendtner.

hesham

Established Member
Fans were great yesterday, was sat right at the back and the singing seemed to come from all around the ground, was better in the 1st half before the nerves kicked in and ****ing steward came up and told us to all sit down.
We should have one this one comfortably if it wasn't for some diabolical finishing and Bendtner. AW was right we need to dominate the midfield against Roma and we did that with great performances from Denilson and Diaby.

Thought Song done really well when he came on too.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
We should have won by 4-0 and we would have been in the quarter finals by now, But a good win for us and good for our team,

I really thought Eboue was good, en Denilson was our best player yesterday that has to be sayd,

But what was wrong with Toure en Gallas in the second half haha?

Double_H

Established Member
HollandGooner said:
We should have won by 4-0 and we would have been in the quarter finals by now, But a good win for us and good for our team,

I really thought Eboue was good, en Denilson was our best player yesterday that has to be sayd,

But what was wrong with Touré en Gallas in the second half haha?

Making love at the back :lol:

sabret00the

Established Member
Much better performance from us. Still room for improvement, but based on that performance, Bendtner shouldn't be starting games. Nasri continues to look 300% better when given a free role but with Walcott almost back and Andrei here, will he get many opportunities to have a free role? He needs to find the discipline in order to shine from a wingers role.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
Biggus said:
We had a lot of possession and not a single shot on target for ages, Roma had the best chance and were unlucky not to be 1-0 up- we were very lucky we won that game as the finishing was woeful. But I'm delighted we seem to be steadying the ship and forgetting how to lose- most important to improve morale. I'm not that worried about the goals not flowing they will come. We will still need a bit of luck, but I'm optimistic we can pinch one at the Olympic stadium and go through.

WTF was Wenger doing leaving Nik (first touch of a rapist) Bendtner on the pitch until 65 minutes????
I don't think Roma so clearly had the best chances or that we were lucky to win. Roma let fly a couple of times it is true and found some space at the top of the box, but they didn't exactly miss golden chance after golden chance. Our finishing was poor, but they were not all easy chances, though they were the better of the two teams.

As for Bendtner, yes his first touch was poor in front of goal (detest that turn of phrase you and many others use) but we actually lost something in our game when he went off as he was good around the park just not so much in the box. He put RvP through for the penalty after all.

Double_H

Established Member
thats True Bendy is good holding the ball and he track back
i do feel he was unlucky though and

and Sabre i think Arsène will start playing with the Man U Formation

with speedy winger and scoring abilities

we may see

denlison cesc nasri

Arsha Rosicky
RVP

With Bendy, edu and Vela playing in the place of the front 3

Nela

Established Member
I like everybody else was really frustrated with Bendtner.

But we actually ended up missing him when he went off for Vela. I was expecting Vela to really thrive in this game, going at defenders and using the technique and the first touch Bendtner lacks to cause tons of trouble for Roma. But he didn't. And we ended up missing Bendtner's physical presence and the ability to hold up the ball.

That's why Wenger left Bendtner on for so long. And you only need to look at Vela's underwhelming impact in comparison to see that in this particular instant, Wenger was right.

Arsenal Quotes

When you start supporting a football club, you don’t support it because of the trophies, or a player, or history, you support it because you found yourself somewhere there; found a place where you belong.

Dennis Bergkamp
Top Bottom