• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Hamburg vs Arsenal | 13/09/06

IBL

Established Member
We struggled against FC Thun last season in our first game, it didnt turn out to be some precursor to the rest of the CL campaign. A few of seasons ago we couldnt buy an away win, of late we've had the luxury of being able to moan about our away victories...lets be thankful for that at least. We still have ample time to improve, dont forget the change in players too, they need to time to settle and gel in.

Main thing is the getting the 3 points from first group game that happened to be an away one

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
sabret00the said:
invisibleman18 said:
Just seen the highlights, and I have to say that was a dive from Van Persie, plain and simple, and I don't like to see that. Although what bewilders me more, is why he didn't just score. He received the ball on his favoured left foot, one on one, he's got a sitter. Why not just pass it into the far corner for a simple goal? Why the need to round the keeper and walk the ball into the net? Do we really want to walk the ball into the net everytime?
Cracker from Rosicky, and great to see someone just put their foot through the ball. Although it's still worrying that for all our passing and possession, we seem incapable of creating reasonable chances inside the box.

Still 3 points is 3 points, and I suppose this was the sort of CL match that 2 or 3 years ago we would have lost.
honestly, i can only come up with it being a confidence issue.

Arsène's fault, natch... ;-)

What a goal from Rosicky though, should do his confidence a world of good..

sabret00the

Established Member
RocktheCasbah said:
sabret00the said:
invisibleman18 said:
Just seen the highlights, and I have to say that was a dive from Van Persie, plain and simple, and I don't like to see that. Although what bewilders me more, is why he didn't just score. He received the ball on his favoured left foot, one on one, he's got a sitter. Why not just pass it into the far corner for a simple goal? Why the need to round the keeper and walk the ball into the net? Do we really want to walk the ball into the net everytime?
Cracker from Rosicky, and great to see someone just put their foot through the ball. Although it's still worrying that for all our passing and possession, we seem incapable of creating reasonable chances inside the box.

Still 3 points is 3 points, and I suppose this was the sort of CL match that 2 or 3 years ago we would have lost.

Arsène's fault, natch... ;-)
huh? come on, you don't need to ask, it's always Arsène's fault :p

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Stunning goal from Rosicky that oughta teach them that it is possible to score from outside the box.

Gilberto the penalty taker didn't see that coming, wouldh ave guessed that all other midfielders and RVP was before him i nthe pecking order. Has he taken any other penalties during regular time?

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
I think you are right though, in terms of it being a confidence thing. To that end, though I know we've got a huge game coming on Sunday, well for that reason actually, I'd like to have seen us cut loose a little. Would have done Ade and van Persie the world of good to bag a couple between them last night.

gunn3rs3

V Hamberg

Off all the players who seem to be reluctant to have a shot on goal after last night I think Hleb is the biggest culprit.I like him as a player but he so shot shy when in good positions.

He is indeed, not the first time, he was also against boro.

I just want to say, well done you guys for yesterday's game, you got 3 points against a tough opponent on a away game, hope that win will make arsenal leathal in premier games. :wink:

sabret00the

Established Member
RocktheCasbah said:
I think you are right though, in terms of it being a confidence thing. To that end, though I know we've got a huge game coming on Sunday, well for that reason actually, I'd like to have seen us cut loose a little. Would have done Ade and van Persie the world of good to bag a couple between them last night.
Well it definately would've made me feel better had a single Arsenal striker gone into the game with a goal under his belt from open play but we'll make do.

kel varnsen

Established Member
sabret00the said:
invisibleman18 said:

i think the reason was a poor first touch. the ball got a bit away from him and gk was able to close him down.

>YounGunner<

Established Member
sabret00the said:
invisibleman18 said:

I agree
For some reason his confidence is low. If he never dived he would have had an open goal in a bit of an angle but i guess he never trusted his right foot. Also he should have called for the Penalty but he let Gilberto take it. Its clear that Van Persie is first when it comes to Penalties if Henry is not playing. His confidence is low.

polar87

Guys it werent a dive, if you look at it at another angle carefully, the keeper catches his left foot while in the air, although in the replay it looks like he caught his right foot

dublingunner

Established Member
polar87 said:
Guys it werent a dive, if you look at it at another angle carefully, the keeper catches his left foot while in the air, although in the replay it looks like he caught his right foot

Well mate, I'm sorry but I haven't heard too many people agreeing with you. Much as I'd like to think it was an honest penalty, it looked a clear dive to me. Whatever contact there was, if RvP had tried, he could have stayed up. But the ball was going out so he flung himself to the ground.

czech mate

good match

it was a good game and it was nice to see tomas scoring his first. there was his older brother as a co-comentator for the czech tv over here, and he said he´s sure tomas will score many more soon. he spoke with him before the match and tomas was nervous, so he must be over the moon now. so, let´s hope for him and arsenal, that his brother was right.

ACE 14

does any one have an avi file of rosisky's goal thats one for the mobile i think. i have one of henrys wonder goal against man u at highbury the one when he flicked it up and vollied it in complete sky sports comentary

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
btw, loved rosicky outside foot cross, even though its not really accurate. but its the first time i have seen someone doing at such a high speed expertly. superb skills, superb rosicky

maradona

Forgive if someone has already asked on this thread but what was the deal with Dubai on the shirts, do UEFA not allow joint sponsorship or something.

I know that Fly Emirates are Dubai based.

Perhaps we should have Dubai on our shirts for the season. Hoping this is the kickstart we need.

Lukazan

Established Member
kel varnsen said:
sabret00the said:
invisibleman18 said:

i think the reason was a poor first touch. the ball got a bit away from him and gk was able to close him down.

Definitely a poor first touch IMO.. there was no way he intended to go round the keeper the moment Adebayor made the pass. RVP was forced in to trying it.

It's funny I had RVP down as one of the most clinical finishers I've ever seen and also thought his control was second to none but this season he seems to have lost both.. :lol: I think he just needs a goal tbh.

yoinkster

asajoseph said:
adebayor's another striker who really lacks too many tools to envisage him as a prolific goalscorer

the thing I find difficult to understand with adebayor is that he is a target man in the box, he's the sort of striker that benefits from crosses and headed goals.

I'm not quite sure yet why Le Boss brought him in since we don't play the dead ballline -> cross type game.

He's very very frustrating when he drifts out wide and tries to cut in, it's like he's seen TH14 do it in training and thought to himself "I can do that" even though he quite simply can't.

It seems like he's going to go the same way as jeffers at this rate.

_scorpion_

Established Member
I cant understand why so many people have their knickers in a knot over this match.

3 points is what we came for and I’ll take them any day of the week.

I bet you would snatch my arm off for the same result and performance against Manure United on Sunday.

On the RVP penalty – he was clipped by the keeper and won the penalty.

There was a deliberate action by the keeper after he was already beaten and definite contact!

So you can stop all this “holier than thou” nonsense that people have recently developed - where they think that just by calling your own players divers, you get credit for being an unbiased supporter.

He beat the keeper – the keeper was deliberate in reaching for his foot – he clipped RVP – Penalty! It does not matter that the contact didn’t result in RVP’s leg coming off!

The red card was harsh.

Arsenal Quotes

"Maybe we'll have a good surprise for you"

Arsène hints at transfer activity a day before the arrival of Mesut Özil
Top Bottom