• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Clément Chantôme

Zico

Established Member
Re: Clement Chantome

I feel like I'm missing something here. I've only seen Chantome twice - the final league game and the French Cup final.

He looked like he was playing in the no 10 position, or at least as an advanced midfielder in the final league game. Two nights ago he seemed to be playing on the wing.

Does not immediately strike me as a Flamini replacement. I think he's being brought in as a versatile midfielder to beef up numbers in midfield. Speaking of beef, do not be fooled by the picture of him next to Big Black Africa. Chantome is a big, strong fella. He'll be fine in England.

number_0

Established Member

looking forward to see him pocketing gerrard, like every other arsenal midfielder from cesc to diaby done in an arsenal shirt.

patrick42uk

Established Member

Saw him in the crowd today whilst watching venus williams play st Roland Garros. Not sure if that means anything, that he's still in France

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu

patrick42uk said:
Saw him in the crowd today whilst watching venus williams play st Roland Garros. Not sure if that means anything, that he's still in France
It dosen't actually mean anything.

But the crucial factor lies in the location of our Dear Arsenal Wenger. I hope he is in france now discussing the triple deal :p

taylor314gh

yeah, he could be in Nebraska right now for all I care, as long as AW is there talking to him...

stiiphunn

Established Member

PSG fans seem to think he'll choose to stay next season.

Tbh things have become a bit complicated for chantome. Villeneuve, a good friend of Wenger, just got appointed as chairman of PSG... and apparently it was Wenger himself who advised the representative of the major shareholder - a good friend of Wenger also- to do so.
If you take take into consideration, I can't see Wenger buying from them one of their best players. PSG fans are scared that Wenger will now have the possibility to sign whoever he wants among the PSG players, but in fact I think it's the opposite that's going to happen.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.

well, lets be honest, playing for Arsenal is a pretty big step up than playing for PSG... (in terms of quality and presence)... if we really are interested, we will get the deal done... if not, we won't..

this is Arsenal's NORMAL business procedure, say nothing and spring the signing on everyone... the Nasri situation is not normal with the club actually speaking about it before its done....

stiiphunn

Established Member

Some players prefer to stay put for a little while before making the step up... and I agree with that. So it's not because we want him that we'll get him.
Man U want Benzema for example, but he doesn't want to leave too soon because he thinks he has to improve first. Lots of big clubs wanted Nasri last summer but he remained at Marseille as well. Menez is another one as well.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.

well, going to ManU and going to Arsenal are not necessarily the same thing... (mind you, i have no aversion with players staying in place a bit longer to get more comfortable playing).. Arsenal is seen as a team that gives young players chances, and one that helps them develop as well... ManU is not really that sort of team perception... they want mostly "finished articles" (with exceptions like Rooney, Ronaldo, Anderson).. note, this is perception, not necessarily reality...

that said, if we get him, we do, if not, we don't... no big skin off my nose.. i know nothing about him anyway

Paddy from Sweden

In that article there's also a bit about PSG looking to recruit some experienced players and have been in touch with Thuram's represenatives.

Looks like AW can forget about having Thuram in a player/coaching role. If there ever was any truth in the rumours that is.

raidersoftheark

Established Member

Damn.

This kid looked the business in the French Cup final.

I hope Wenger has a few more ideas for the CDM position, as we need a quality ball-winner there.

bertlb2

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.francefootball.fr/FF/breves2008/20080704_190000_chantome-va-prolonger_Dev.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.francefootball.fr/FF/breves2 ... r_Dev.html</a>

You can lock this one too. The article, in French, states that Chantôme signed a new deal with PSG and, although there was inerest by Arsenal, he wants to stay in the French capital city.

Pies

Klaus Daimler said:
We were rumoured to be after this guy last summer already. He's a defensive mid who's currently playing for Paris Saint-Germain in Ligue 1.

I wouldn't call him a DM.

I guess he would provide another option in midfield, but I have my doubts as to if he would really improve us.

Paddy from Sweden

Been waiting for this rumour to turn up again.

From what I understand he's more of a two-way player and not a pure defensive midfielder.

patrick42uk

Established Member
Hasnt been getting games for PSG so you wonder why he'd be good enough for us. Having said that, he has an interesting mix of physical and technical qualities.

Segway

patrick42uk said:
Hasnt been getting games for PSG so you wonder why he'd be good enough for us. Having said that, he has an interesting mix of physical and technical qualities.

I'm thinking Deschamps.

Arsenal Quotes

Dennis Bergkamp is the club's unconditional idol, a perfectionist whom I never saw make a careless technical move.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom