Club confirm Sven Mislintat leaving Arsenal on February 8

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by redanddread, Nov 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tourbillion

Tourbillion Angry 24/7

Agreed. **** this guy.

Jury and BigPoppaPump like this.
  2. El Duderino

El Duderino 99 Problems But A Mitch Ain't One

Goodbye, sweet hobo prince.

3. Fewtch

Fewtch Ozil at 10 And Emery Out

Emery only knew about Guendouzi because his team played against him once. Sven wanted him while he was at Dortmund. One is because of luck and the other is a consequence of great scouting.

fc honka and Sammy1887 like this.
  4. Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility

Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility Not a Closet Spurs Fan

5. al-Ustaadh

al-Ustaadh Professor of Twitter

lol

fc honka, dka91, Vibra and 1 other person like this.
  6. al-Ustaadh

al-Ustaadh Professor of Twitter

Hopefully, he's got one last deal in him today and we can announce a talent like Francisco Trincao.

A man can dream.

Just don't go to the bad guys, Sven.

7. tap-in

tap-in Nothing Wrong With Me

Bye. Next!

8. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Laca Respect for Alexandre

Some of you guys need to go follow the team he joins next since you're all so gay for him.

Jury and Dj_sds - like this.
  9. pigge

pigge Well-Known Member

Its always sad when the club looses a great differencemaker.

10. dka91

dka91 Well-Known Member

Naa, let's not downplay us losing him, this isn't good.

I just hope we know what we're doing.

11. lamby22

lamby22 Well-Known Member

Hope he's turned up today and put a shift in. Hate to think he's slacking off just because it's his last day.

12. Makingtrax

Makingtrax Policing Emery's English Skills

Why am I not surprised.

08/02/2018 It has been suggested to Sky Sports News that some differences of opinion with Spanish sporting director Sanllehi is just one of the reasons for Mislintat's departure, as well as a level of frustration over Arsenal's lack of financial firepower in the market. Arsenal were linked with some big-name players in the January window such as Perisic and Carrasco, but were only in a position to propose loan deals.

13. field442

field442 Hates Journalists Named James

:lol: The guy who has made his name unearthing players from random clubs all over the world, the guy whose remit would’ve been to find great bargains in the transfer market, was disappointed because we didn’t have £35m for Perisic. Find that REALLY hard to believe.

14. Makingtrax

Makingtrax Policing Emery's English Skills

Maybe he’s found out how little Kroenke’s willing to release next summer. We’ll have to wait for his autobiography, ‘Sven the going gets tough’ :lol:

American_Gooner and Jury like this.
  15. razörist

razörist Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Classic reject him because he rejected me revisionism going on in this thread. Middle school mentality.

16. L3T5 PL4Y

L3T5 PL4Y Flair Accuser

Pretty disappointed with this. Our signings since his arrival have been pretty much spot on.

17. MutableEarth

MutableEarth Bloody awesome NSFW avatars Trusted

Damage limitation in full effect.

El Granit-Coq and Makingtrax like this.
  18. nick gould

nick gould Well-Known Member

Lichtensteiner's showings so far would suggest otherwise.

BigPoppaPump likes this.
  19. MutableEarth

MutableEarth Bloody awesome NSFW avatars Trusted

A lot of people understandably upset regarding Mislintat's departure, but I posit that he was likely not going to be the head of recruitment anymore anyway. He wanted the Technical Director role, and the reason he's leaving is because he wasn't considered for the role. I'd speculate there was a lack of conjunction between him and Raul as a result of that, so he's going in a different direction.

Likely, there was always going to be a new person heading up recruitment, but Sven would have been above that and into the role of Technical Director. Would that have sufficed?

It's a disappointing turn of events but I don't think it's a given that it will turn out bad. In fact, I'm actually quite optimistic.

20. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Laca Respect for Alexandre

I believe it, Perisic use to play for Dortmund which seems to be Sven's forte. I think he fell out with Raul cos we didn't want to spend 35 mil on Perisic, get Kagawa on loan and he probably wanted to get in a bidding war with Chelsea for Pulisic.

Makingtrax and Jury like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.