• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Club Crests

Marky249

I was recently wondering why FC Barclona and AC Milan both have st georges crosses on there crests, and also if anyone know of obscure crests and would like to explain them :)

fc-barcelona.gif

ac%20milan.jpg

Coventry%20City%20FC%20LOGO.JPG

Why the elephant??? :?

Soler

Established Member
AC Milan have St. George's cross because they were founded by Englishman. Barcelona have St. George's cross because St. George is the patron saint of Catalunya IIRC. Coventry I don't know.

Oh, and hi everyone >=)

Canuck

Established Member
Good to see you again MJ> :mrgreen:

Right, Biggus just mentioned the other day...Athletic and Cricket, AC Milan

Founded by Englishmen you say, who'dathunkit?

The Mini

Both AC Milan and Barcelona are founded by Englishmen, as with pretty much every foreign crest with a St. Georges cross.

Coventry: Must have something to do with Elephant and Castle, and the two animals on either side maybe part of the Coventry insignia.

Soler

Established Member
The Mini said:
Both AC Milan and Barcelona are founded by Englishmen, as with pretty much every foreign crest with a St. Georges cross.

Wrong. Barcelona were founded by a Swiss businessman named Hans Kamper, and I already said why they have St. George on there.

Asterix

Established Member
Welcome back MJ - good to have you here again - missed your castration kit on occasion.

Canuck

Established Member
Mad Jens said:
Canuck said:
Right, Biggus just mentioned the other day...Athletic and Cricket, AC Milan

It actually stands for Associazione Calcio. :wink:

:lol: okay, why am I not suprised that he's full of cr*p... :p
well a little bit at least. :wink:

Arsenal Quotes

If you don't believe you can do it then you have no chance at all.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom