• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Cobra Kai Havertz: No Mercy

Will Kai prove to be a Xhaka upgrade?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I voted No.

Think he'll turn out to be a 6/10 signing. Will be okay but without being great so probably a bit of a flop when you factor in his price.

He'll be better than most of Xhaka's spell but not as good as him in his last 18 months or so here.

For the fee I think it's reasonable to expect him to be better than Xhaka's peak.

Tomb Bombadil

That poll will a stupid idea. Can we maybe do a new one? I e. "Would you rather havertz prove you wrong and we win the title in the process? Or is being right having determined his fate after 4 games more important to you?". Sadly I think most here will vote b)! It is really shocking that we are doing our best in years and so called supporters are urging their team to fail.
And most compare him to Xhaka's absolut best season last year and forget that he also needed time to adapt and had other problem ereas.

That he's being trusted by Arteta, Flick, Potter, Tuchel, Löw and Lampard makes think he could become good.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I voted No.

Think he'll turn out to be a 6/10 signing. Will be okay but without being great so probably a bit of a flop when you factor in his price.

He'll be better than most of Xhaka's spell but not as good as him in his last 18 months or so here.

For the fee I think it's reasonable to expect him to be better than Xhaka's peak.

I just find funny how the language for the people who was for this at the start has changed. It went from wanting ready made pl player and you think you know more than Arteta saying he can’t play in midfield

To doing everything to ignore his 3 years at Chelsea and say he needs time to get used to us and he is learning a new role. So the experience counts for nothing and he was actually not a midfielder and he has to learn the role. But even if he plays every game like he has rest of the season they will say it was just his first season and he needs time instead of 4 poor season in the pl

Sparrahork

What do you mean?
Should anyone have faith in their judgement after just 4 games? I sincerely hope not.

He underperformed at Chelsea but they did not find a role for him that suited, last season everyone underperformed there and his confidence is clearly shot right now.

I still think him turning it around is based on part on the fanbase being behind him, this is clearly not going to happen anytime soon😭

He needs time to work out our tactics and where he fits in. Zinny and jesus hit the ground running last season as they have played those tactics before. Rice has done well too but his role is more standard than the one havertz is adapting to.

Inherently wrong that many here want him to fail.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Should anyone have faith in their judgement after just 4 games? I sincerely hope not.

He underperformed at Chelsea but they did not find a role for him that suited, last season everyone underperformed there and his confidence is clearly shot right now.

I still think him turning it around is based on part on the fanbase being behind him, this is clearly not going to happen anytime soon😭

He needs time to work out our tactics and where he fits in. Zinny and jesus hit the ground running last season as they have played those tactics before. Rice has done well too but his role is more standard than the one havertz is adapting to.

I don’t disagree with what you said I just genuinely didn’t understand what @Macho was saying there.

People were moaning about Havertz before we even signed him, it was obvious to me they were gonna be on his neck right away. He needs 10/10 performances before he’ll get credit.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
He needs 10/10 performances before he’ll get credit.
Disagree.

All he needs is a 5/10 and people will wheel out all sorts of stats to prove he had he had great game.

Some chills on twitter on twitter are already saying he's "outperforming" Xhaka of last season.

I know deep down you don't rate him anyway :lol:

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

But why is it Chelseas fault he failed and not his? Players fail at clubs all the time. He had several managers and he didn’t work for one of them. Chelsea tried everything from playing him on the right, as a 10 and a striker and his performances was the same. But he looks more awkward in the position we put him in than any point at Chelsea

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Disagree.

All he needs is a 5/10 and people will wheel out all sorts of stats to prove he had he had great game.

Some chills on twitter on twitter are already saying he's "outperforming" Xhaka of last season.

I know deep down you don't rate him anyway :lol:
Well that’s not true he’s the main scapegoat now, people cut him not slack.

Me rating Havertz isn’t what this discussion is, I don’t rate a lot of players but you lot go on like 5/10 players are world class then get mad at Havertz 5/10 performances. All just too bias for me.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
I voted No.

He gives me the Laca vibes - a decent footballer who doesn't particularly excel at anything and in the end struggles to make big impacts in games

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
Nah Laca was a level higher. What he shown in France and at times on the plane with his penalty box play is far superior than anything Kai has shown so far
I was told Kai was amazing in Germany and surely he had some great plays for Chelsea here and there (never watched him so can't confirm)

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Yeah Laca had a bit of swagger about him as well especially his first couple seasons, he wasn’t always bemoaned.

Havertz is something else entirely, he’s actually the brexit baller people have accused Rice of being. The only thing people can talk up is his duels atm, nothing else.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Yeah Laca was hitting double digits for us calmly until his final season, he wasn’t always jobber status here. He had a bit of swagger about him as well especially his first couple seasons..

Havertz is something else entirely.

Different position, for once

bakaboo

He needs time to work out our tactics and where he fits in. Zinny and jesus hit the ground running last season as they have played those tactics before. Rice has done well too but his role is more standard than the one havertz is adapting to
I don't really understand the confidence thingy. It make Chelsea sounds like some torture camp or something. Team underperform is 1 thing, but player with supposed wonder kid status unable to shine even on a team that is struggling is another.

Kai got to buck up alot, soon. With his wages, the team will not baby sit him for long till he gets his groove. It will affects the team spirit. I think no respectable pros will endure babysitting a player having higher wages

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Havertz is a weird player anyway based on what I've seen of him at Chelsea and now Arsenal.

He's got quite a lot of good attributes but they don't really mesh together to fit any particular role.

It's like having one of those posh jigsaw puzzles but it's missing some of the pieces. It might look good from afar but up close it's a bit pointless and frustrating.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I don't really understand the confidence thingy. It make Chelsea sounds like some torture camp or something. Team underperform is 1 thing, but player with supposed wonder kid status unable to shine even on a team that is struggling is another.

Kai got to buck up alot, soon. With his wages, the team will not baby sit him for long till he gets his groove. It will affects the team spirit. I think no respectable pros will endure babysitting a player having higher wages
This 💯

We had Martinelli, ESR and Saka performing for a bad Arsenal side.

Yet people want to make as if Chelsea being bad was the reason Harvetz was crap.

And it's not like Chelsea was always bad, the 3 years he was there, was he?

They finished 3rd twice and 12th last season.

Like I said in the previous page, he'll be fine. Arteta will force it to work out.

Only way it doesn't work out is if a sick talent comes out of the academy and do a Saka.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Yeah Laca had a bit of swagger about him as well especially his first couple seasons, he wasn’t always bemoaned.
Havertz is something else entirely, he’s actually the brexit baller people have accused Rice of being. The only thing people can talk up is his duels atm, nothing else.
This is why I criticise the people who bring up Kai's technical ability as an asset. How does a DM from West Ham look more technical than an attacking midfielder from a Chelsea side that won the Champions League? That's crazy to me.

And one more thing. Funny when we had Cesc, Özil and Cazorla as our attacking midfielders no one brought up their duels won.

Arsenal Quotes

A team can attack for too long. The most opportune time for scoring is immediately after repelling an attack, because opponents are then strung out in the wrong half of the field. All the men are expected to play to plan, but not so as to stifle individuality

Herbert Chapman

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, June 1

Arsenal are pushing to sign Benjamin Šeško, but no final decision has been made yet [Sky Germany]

RB Leipzig want to give Šeško a new contract to remove his release clause, with Arsenal/Chelsea/Manchester United all interested [Sky Germany]

AC Milan have made signing defender Jakub Kiwior their priority this summer [Santi Aouna - FootMercato]

Arsenal enquire about £17m-rated Barcelona defender Mikayil Faye [MailSport]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom