• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Cobra Kai Havertz: No Mercy

Will Kai prove to be a Xhaka upgrade?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

He wasn’t rated because he was in a terrible Chelsea team who clearly didn’t know how to use him, which is what very few of us said when he joined.

It’s why it’s important to give signings time no matter who they are.
He was not in a terrible Chelsea team. They won the freaking CL. He was just not very good. I have my own theory on havertz and his future that people are not ready for

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Send it into the forum. I'm ready
When you see the type of player Havertz was at Leverkusen. Under the right manager he really could have become world class. But wrong move and manager destroyed his confidence. Lampard had no clue what he was and played him as right winger. Think he lost a lot of confidence at Chelsea and regressed as a footballer a lot

Now at Arsenal I think his future will be mixed. Yes with Arteta he found a manager that will love him. But he will make him different type of player. A guy who is more of target man, battles and lay off the ball. But he will not improve on the ball. At Leverkusen he used to keep the ball and run with it. Yes he will become a functional player under Arteta. But as a pure footballer he will not improve on the ball. I think the longer players play under Arteta the more they will go backwards on the ball

Reactions: Xln

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

He was not in a terrible Chelsea team. They won the freaking CL. He was just not very good. I have my own theory on havertz and his future that people are not ready for

20/21 Chelsea finished 4th on 67 points, Havertz only played 1500 league minutes.

21/22 Chelsea finished 3rd on 74 points, Havertz only played 1800 league minutes.

22/23 Chelsea finished 12th on 44 points, Havertz played 2500 league minutes.

In the first two seasons in particular they didn’t know how to use him, hence the very low league minutes.

In 22/23 Chelsea were abysmal. Now he’s in a system where he’s being used correctly and we’re getting the best out of him.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
When you see the type of player Havertz was at Leverkusen. Under the right manager he really could have become world class. But wrong move and manager destroyed his confidence. Lampard had no clue what he was and played him as right winger. Think he lost a lot of confidence at Chelsea and regressed as a footballer a lot

Now at Arsenal I think his future will be mixed. Yes with Arteta he found a manager that will love him. But he will make him different type of player. A guy who is more of target man, battles and lay off the ball. But he will not improve on the ball. At Leverkusen he used to keep the ball and run with it. Yes he will become a functional player under Arteta. But as a pure footballer he will not improve on the ball. I think the longer players play under Arteta the more they will go backwards on the ball

Some top level strikers aren't great with the ball at their feet. I'm thinking Halaand, Diego Costa, Giroud, Van Nistelrooy, Lukaku.

Havertz strengths are his elite off the ball movement to find space in the box, his pace which is elite, his size and strength. His first touch is also silky and his footballing IQ is high.

Looking at his Leverkusson assists and his recent assists makes me think his creativity could be the next aspect which will improve. But the key for Havertz having success is for our players to pick out his runs.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
@King87

I really said that signing Kai would be the moment that eventually costs Arteta his job, lol 🤣🤣🤣

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Some top level strikers aren't great with the ball at their feet. I'm thinking Halaand, Diego Costa, Giroud, Van Nistelrooy, Lukaku.

Havertz strengths are his elite off the ball movement to find space in the box, his pace which is elite, his size and strength. His first touch is also silky and his footballing IQ is high.

Looking at his Leverkusson assists and his recent assists makes me think his creativity could be the next aspect which will improve. But the key for Havertz having success is for our players to pick out his runs.
The key is for him to improve on the ball and actually carry the ball. He can do it. But if Arteta is structuring him to play like crouch and just do lay offs. He will go backwards

For me the club has to sign elite ball players as I believe every player under Arteta after a while will go backwards on the ball

PrinzPoldi

Player:Havertz
I

I believe that would be another phase of our evolution next season.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
For me the club has to sign elite ball players as I believe every player under Arteta after a while will go backwards on the ball

What evidence is there of this? Ødegaard has improved, Saka has and Jesus has played his best under Arteta. Trossard has played his best football under Arteta and Brighton fans used to call him a player who only showed up one in 7 games. Xhaka also had his best Arsenal season in his final season. Rice is having his best ever season in an attacking sense.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant

Please name all these players that have gone backwards on the ball under Tets?

I mean 🤔According to you EVERY player goes backwards.🤣
I don't see any currently playing in the 1st 11 that look to have gone backwards Mmn Ode seems to have gone forward on the ball.
Declan Rice looks a better play on the ball than at West Ham.
Even Big Gabby looks better on the ball now than when he arrived.

Sure everyone goes backwards bro 😜

Could this just be one of the maddest statements ever?🤔

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I don't see any currently playing in the 1st 11 that look to have gone backwards Mmn Ode seems to have gone forward on the ball.

Saka
Martinelli
Jesus

All 3 were better on the ball 2 years ago than now

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Saka
Martinelli
Jesus

All 3 were better on the ball 2 years ago than now
That's your opinion fair enough
2 years ago when we were finishing 5th?
I would say Saka is about the same.

The other 2 have had injuries Gabby Jesus wasn't even at the club 🤔

It's not all anyway is it 🤣

King87

Kai's having the time of my life

@King87

I really said that signing Kai would be the moment that eventually costs Arteta his job, lol 🤣🤣🤣
And now you're his biggest fan 😂...

I mean at least you're coming out clean, 80% of the forum wanted his head in those dark early days but now can't stop licking my boy's ass, the U turn.

I will be accepting apologies for all the ridicule I suffered for sticking with our Kai

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

That's your opinion fair enough
2 years ago when we were finishing 5th?
I would say Saka is about the same.

The other 2 have had injuries Gabby Jesus wasn't even at the club 🤔

It's not all anyway is it 🤣
Ødegaard has always been elite ball handler. But not one player has become better on the ball. I would argue as we go on even havertz will be worse and be nothing more than target man

jaystewart

Ødegaard has always been elite ball handler. But not one player has become better on the ball. I would argue as we go on even havertz will be worse and be nothing more than target man
I don’t think anyone learns to dribble a ball in their mid 20s so I don’t think you can pin that on anyone. Havertz has very good technique for a big man.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

But they're all better off the ball now, and the net result is that we are much better as a team. So....what's the issue?
Yes the team is better. They become better team players who follow the system to a tee. But as you saw against Bayern. When individual quality is needed. No one can step up and do anything. Arteta sucks the flair and unpredictability out of players

PrinzPoldi

Player:Havertz
Yes the team is better. They become better team players who follow the system to a tee. But as you saw against Bayern. When individual quality is needed. No one can step up and do anything. Arteta sucks the flair and unpredictability out of players
You just always go for the extreme case.
Arteta has a structure and system, but does not mean everything is fixed and rigid.
Let me use yesterday's goal as an example.

Who knew Onana's kick would be short?
By any means did we simulate this in practice? No.
Everything after that kick, was unpredictable.
White pass to Kai.
Kai decided to wait for teammates instead of him driving to the goal and shoot.
Trossard bombed into the box.
United players' response and movement.

Nothing could be practiced, and it was all players' decision on the field.

Individually qualities usually develop in early stages.
You have more freedom to play free will football.
As you grow older, and getting into higher level, it is mostly about system and structure.
Players getting together to play under an "organized" team and team always goes first.

Our players practice shooting, dribbling, and all these individual skills during practice.
When the game is on, it is about when to apply those skillsets; and this is the time for players to make their own decisions.

No need to blame Arteta on everything.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐

Could this just be one of the maddest statements ever?🤔
Living up to the name with this post 😊😉🤣

Arsenal Quotes

If you eat caviar everyday, it's difficult to return to sausages

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Thursday, May 23

Arsenal have agreed to part ways with midfielder Sambi Lokonga following talks with the player [Evening Standard]

Arsenal are likely to be priced out of a move for Sporting Lisbon’s £86m striker Viktor Gyokeres [Football Insider]

Arsenal are considering a move for Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow as a replacement for Aaron Ramsdale [Sam Dean - The Telegraph]

Newcastle manager Eddie Howe is keen to reunite with Ramsdale if the club can make an acceptable offer [Sam Dean - The Telegraph]

Ajax LB Jorrel Hato remains the club’s top defensive target [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Top Bottom