• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Compare the big 6: who has had the best transfer window?

Which TWO clubs have had the best window so far?

• Total voters

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
People only started using Big 6 as a term once Arsenal and Man United dropped out the Top 4, it was always just the 'Top 4' before that.
Yeah, that's because of the CL places.

Spending wise, for years it's been a top 3, with United, City and Chelsea way out in front and carving up the league between them since 2004. Behind them Liverpool, Arsenal and Sp**s since 2013, prior to that just Liverpool and Sp**s, Arsenal well below.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
If we don't get proper midfielders that provide something new, we clearly have the worst window of all top clubs.

Was quite confident that we do, since it has been so obvious and I'd have put us top 2 for signings with Aouar+Partey, if not most improved of all teams.

Coaching, form, believe, a bit of luck etc are generally the most important factors for which of us get those 3rd/4th spots, but not if you are the only side that has a mal functioning midfield.

TornadoTed

Established Member
Hes average if your comparing him to Thomas. However hes less than half his price, same age and PL proven. And offers what we dont have in midfield. Elneny nor Xhaka can carry the ball. Neither is mobile or quick. Hes playing incredibly well for Everton. A team who have a very good chance of finishing above us this season unless we pull something magically out of the hat today.

He is a purple patch player in my opinion. Very capable of playing at a high level for a couple of months but I think he will be average the majority of the time over the course of a whole season.

GunnerShy

Hes average if your comparing him to Thomas. However hes less than half his price, same age and PL proven. And offers what we dont have in midfield. Elneny nor Xhaka can carry the ball. Neither is mobile or quick. Hes playing incredibly well for Everton. A team who have a very good chance of finishing above us this season unless we pull something magically out of the hat today.
I'm not sure you know what PL proven means.

It's not a phrase to be used for somebody proven to be mediocre and inconsistent in the PL.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I'm not sure you know what PL proven means.

It's not a phrase to be used for somebody proven to be mediocre and inconsistent in the PL.

Premier League proven means tried and tested in the league. Who has performed at a decent level in the league and adapted to the pace and physicality of the league.

Doucoure was never a world class player and never will. But he was able to do a steady job and was a stand out performer in a poor team. He has now moved to a team that on paper is probably on par with us. And watching his games he is performing at a more than acceptable level.

Would he make us a top 4 team on his own? No. With 2 or 3 others possibly. Is it better spending 20m on him to improve our midfield instead of pretending to be interested in Partey who we cant afford and be left with Xhaka/Ceballos and Elneny?

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
What Arsenal needed - CB, creativity and
Premier League proven means tried and tested in the league. Who has performed at a decent level in the league and adapted to the pace and physicality of the league.

Doucoure was never a world class player and never will. But he was able to do a steady job and was a stand out performer in a poor team. He has now moved to a team that on paper is probably on par with us. And watching his games he is performing at a more than acceptable level.

Would he make us a top 4 team on his own? No. With 2 or 3 others possibly. Is it better spending 20m on him to improve our midfield instead of pretending to be interested in Partey who we cant afford and be left with Xhaka/Ceballos and Elneny?

It would be another £20-30M signing on biggish wages that would become a squad player, would have been a pointless signing for us. Everton is his level.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
It would be another £20-30M signing on biggish wages that would become a squad player, would have been a pointless signing for us. Everton is his level.[/QUOTE]

It was £20m not £30m. Big difference.

You say Everton is his level. Yet what Everton has done is try slowly but surely to replace players for a better one. It could be too early but Everton will be very close to us this season in the league. Somewhere between 5th-8th.

I just think someone like Doucoure would have been better than nothing. Better than Elneny. A different type of player to Xhaka and most certainly better than Torreria who we are getting rid off.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
We may have a slightly better window than United, but that depends on what happens this weekend.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
I just think someone like Doucoure would have been better than nothing. Better than Elneny. A different type of player to Xhaka and most certainly better than Torreria who we are getting rid off.

Yeah I'm with you, Doucoure would have been a great signing for us.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Leciester dropping 30m on Salibas old CB teammate and Sheffield United signing Brewster for 22.5m.

People using the CV to justify us having no money yet teams much inferior to us spending. Sp**s down the road splashing the cash around and they're broke supposedly.

Terrible management by the looks of things and to be honest getting Aoaur over the line at the 11th hour isnt really enough.

Going into the season with Gabriel, Willian and Aoaur as our only new signings isnt enough. Willian a squad player. Gabriel great but will still need time and will make mistakes.

I honestly thought that securing the FA cup and getting Europa league would have given us maybe an extra 30m. Combined that with maybe 20m we would have had naturally without sales and the Martinez money that should be about 70m. Miki wages covers Willians. Weve probably only paid about 7/8m of Gabriel's fee.

Weve extending Auba but wheres the rest of the money?

Is the club indicating that had we not won the FA cup we would have literally not had a penny to spend. All abit strange.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
vinicius official for Sp**s

I guess us and utd have had the worst out of the top 6

utd will pacify their fans with some panic signings

In the whole league, I think we will be 14-16th worst in transfers this season

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Everything in this clip is amazing, hearing the crowd roar because we've brought in a world class player who's making his debut. Just want that again. Give me fans back, give me a top signing.

Won’t be making a signing like this for a longggggggg time.

say yes

forum master baiter
Updated to include Sp**s’ Vinicius loan. Really good move for them: don’t rate Mourinho but I think their window is being seriously underrated.

Going to ask the mods to reset the poll when the window closes to get a fresh look. Might also allow 3 votes as Chelsea and Liverpool are such shoe-ins. Be interesting to see who people think the best of the rest are.

In my view:

1-2. Chelsea / Liverpool
3. Sp**s
4. City
5. Arsenal
6. United

If we sign Auoar I think we’d push Sp**s for third place. Aouar and Partey and we’d arguably be 1st.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

First of all you need people at the club who can spot top talent. We’ve wasted cash on Pepe, Torreira etc recently, record breaking signings.
Not really a case of spotting top talent. Sanchez was a known world class player.

More a case of affording top wages and having that pull.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

I don’t know what I was expecting. I wouldn’t say I was optimistic but I wasn’t being pessimistic either.

Expecting Arsenal to have a big window in this COVID market was a bit naive though. Straight pessimism from now on.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Not really a case of spotting top talent. Sanchez was a known world class player.

More a case of affording top wages and having that pull.

Players like Sanchez who were/are sub world class are available in every window, its all about funding. Problem is, when you refuse to sign them when you're at the top your chances of signing them later on reduce year on year.

We're now facing the dichotomy of either funding our return to the top via being a feeder club for the Madrids of the world or just accepting our place as a quite good but not good enough top 6 team. Looks like the board have taken the **** choice.

Arsenal Quotes

A football team is like a beautiful woman. When you do not tell her, she forgets she is beautiful.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom