• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Compare the big 6: who has had the best transfer window?

Which TWO clubs have had the best window so far?

• Total voters

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
How worried should we be if Sp*rs bring in Bale, Reguilon and Sabitzer (heard they're after him too?!?). To me, that starts looking like a pretty good window for them.
Their midfield is garbage. Bottom of the barrel. Alderweireld is good but he got rinsed all game by Richarlison at the weekend. I've never rated Sanchez as a defender. A bit like Koscielny where he can be terrorized by pace. Bale will probably play like a handful of games, if lucky. They're not close with Sabitzer at all. They're linked with Belotti.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
As it stands Chelsea that have had the best window, although no club has adressed all of their weaknesses.

Liverpool could do with a midfielder (Thiago) and a back up to their front 3. Honestly thought Willian would have been a great signing for them.

City need a top class CB to play next to Laporte (Koulibaly) and a new center forward. I've always thought Kane would be immense for them.

United need a center forward, left back and CB. De Gea is dusted now as well so they'll need a top class keeper, not sure if Henderson is good enough.

Chelsea have signed really good forwards and have sorted left back out but I'm still not sure about them defensively in midfield and at the back. Obviously need a keeper as well.

Sp**s seem to be getting this Spanish left back, which they needed, and seems theyre getting Bale back. Need a back up to kane and another CB, but on paper they're looking quite good. No excuses for Mourinho.

We obviously need quality in midfield, Partey and Aouar solve that imo. We also need a new CF, but that'll only happen if Lacazette goes which I think is unlikely.

Think the top 6 will be really competitive this year. I reckon Wolves and Everton will challenge as well (no European football).

say yes

forum master baiter
Updated the OP to include the Martinez sale. We now have the second lowest net spend this window, after Liverpool.

All the figures are from transfermarkt btw. They seem to be a bit lower on average than other news sites, but it's all consistent.

say yes

forum master baiter
I actually think Sp**s have had a very good window now btw, changed my second vote to them.

Really rate Doherty and Höjbjerg. Two very solid premiership players who will slot straight into their first team. Know less about Reguilon, but he seems very highly rated. Looks as though they've improved on both fullbacks, and their midfield spine.

Would be an amazing window for them if they can add Bale on top of that.

buji banton

Chelsea are really good for the next 6 to 8 years. The only thing that stops them is if their squad doesn't gel. Regardless of whether or not they make more defensive signings, Chelsea have won the transfer window with 6 quality 1st team signings.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

As it stands Chelsea that have had the best window, although no club has adressed all of their weaknesses.

Liverpool could do with a midfielder (Thiago) and a back up to their front 3. Honestly thought Willian would have been a great signing for them.

City need a top class CB to play next to Laporte (Koulibaly) and a new center forward. I've always thought Kane would be immense for them.

United need a center forward, left back and CB. De Gea is dusted now as well so they'll need a top class keeper, not sure if Henderson is good enough.

Chelsea have signed really good forwards and have sorted left back out but I'm still not sure about them defensively in midfield and at the back. Obviously need a keeper as well.

Sp**s seem to be getting this Spanish left back, which they needed, and seems theyre getting Bale back. Need a back up to kane and another CB, but on paper they're looking quite good. No excuses for Mourinho.

We obviously need quality in midfield, Partey and Aouar solve that imo. We also need a new CF, but that'll only happen if Lacazette goes which I think is unlikely.

Think the top 6 will be really competitive this year. I reckon Wolves and Everton will challenge as well (no European football).

We don’t need a Center forward but agree with the rest.

say yes

forum master baiter
Chelsea are really good for the next 6 to 8 years. The only thing that stops them is if their squad doesn't gel. Regardless of whether or not they make more defensive signings, Chelsea have won the transfer window with 6 quality 1st team signings.
Shame they can't use the window to sign a new manager.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
We don’t need a Center forward but agree with the rest.

Never seen what's so special about Martial, but I must admit the last portion of the season he did well at 9. I still think United need another option there, someone like Raul Jiminez would work really well imo.

TornadoTed

Established Member
I actually think Sp**s have had a very good window now btw, changed my second vote to them.

Really rate Doherty and Höjbjerg. Two very solid premiership players who will slot straight into their first team. Know less about Reguilon, but he seems very highly rated. Looks as though they've improved on both fullbacks, and their midfield spine.

I disagree on Sp**s business.

Myself and the majority of Wolves fans considered Doherty the weakest player in their starting XI. Hojberg is solid but I'm not sure he's much of an improvement on Winks and Sissoko.

Reguilon is decent, Bale could be inspired or a boat anchor depending on his desire and fitness.

say yes

forum master baiter
I disagree on Sp**s business.

Myself and the majority of Wolves fans considered Doherty the weakest player in their starting XI. Hojberg is solid but I'm not sure he's much of an improvement on Winks and Sissoko.

Reguilon is decent, Bale could be inspired or a boat anchor depending on his desire and fitness.

Nah that's mad, can't agree with that. He's not Dani Alves, but he's been fantastic for them down that right flank. Constant threat going forward and supremely consistent. Might not be the best defender, but definitely think he's an upgrade on Aurier there for Sp**s. And he doesn't need to defend much if Jose uses him as a wingback.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
Doherty was getting 10 goals/assists a season in the Premier league for Wolves. Pretty nuts for a wing back.

Had a clear cut chance to score on his debut as well. Always finds himself in those dangerous opportunities and is defo an upgrade on Aurier.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

They needed pace and creativity in the front line and they’ve not really addressed it in any meaningful way.

I liked Bale a lot even two years ago but it just seems like a statement signing. As Gabby Agbonlahor said on TalkSPORT earlier it looks like Mourinho has got Levy to sign a big name without thinking about fit and his injury record.

If you play Son, Kane and Bale thats three players who don’t really create much and are extremely focussed on scoring goals.

Probably means the end of Alli as a meaningful starter but the burden of creativity then falls on Lo Celso who looks talented but I’m not sure he’s at the level they need.

Id have been worried if they’d signed Dybala last year but to me it just looks like a declining big name, the standard Mendes client, a typical Mou sh*thouse and a decent LB.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Son is a half decent creator tbf. 10 assists in the league last season, but yeah they don't really have that out and out creative player to push forward and aid the attack.

Maybe why Mou is going for two more creative wing backs in Reguillon and Doherty?

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
They needed pace and creativity in the front line and they’ve not really addressed it in any meaningful way.

I liked Bale a lot even two years ago but it just seems like a statement signing. As Gabby Agbonlahor said on TalkSPORT earlier it looks like Mourinho has got Levy to sign a big name without thinking about fit and his injury record.

If you play Son, Kane and Bale thats three players who don’t really create much and are extremely focussed on scoring goals.

Probably means the end of Alli as a meaningful starter but the burden of creativity then falls on Lo Celso who looks talented but I’m not sure he’s at the level they need.

Id have been worried if they’d signed Dybala last year but to me it just looks like a declining big name, the standard Mendes client, a typical Mou sh*thouse and a decent LB.

Kane is excellent at dropping back and linking play, just look at the chance he created for Doherty against Everton. I'm pretty sure Bale's assist record is good as well.

IF they can keep all three fit, it's an extremely good front 3.

say yes

forum master baiter

I think they've got plenty of pace in that front line with Son, Moura and potentially Bale. Injuries have slowed him down but Kane's certainty no slouch either.

Agree they're lacking creativity, which will limit what they can achieve next season, but think they're still forming a very solid Mourinho side. It's less talented, but I think it suits him more than the side he had at United. Thought they would struggle to make top 6 initially, but now I think they could be a serious challenger for the top 4.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Sp**s needed someone better and not washed up as Bale. The signing scream marketing from levy getting fan favorite but long term it'll hurt them just like us and Özil.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I think they've got plenty of pace in that front line with Son, Moura and potentially Bale. Injuries have slowed him down but Kane's certainty no slouch either.

Agree they're lacking creativity, which will limit what they can achieve next season, but think they're still forming a very solid Mourinho side. It's less talented, but I think it suits him more than the side he had at United. Thought they would struggle to make top 6 initially, but now I think they could be a serious challenger for the top 4.
They have decent side but that up to mourinho play with right style and put respectable midfield if he keep playing Hojberg Winks Dier Sissoko no way they finishing top 4. Son Kane Bale on paper is good but that depend on back to his top form.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Shame they can't use the window to sign a new manager.

Sp**s need that far more than Chelsea.

All the talk about Tottenham here is kinda irrelevant because they don't have a good manager. Levy struck gold with Poch, but it was just a blind squirrel finding a nut, now they're back to their cycle of hiring bad managers and being as Colin Farrell described them in In Bruges. We'll finish above them this season and I would not be surprised if one or two of Everton and Wolves does too.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
Chelsea by a mile. They brought in serious talent. Obviously you can't patch all the holes in one window and they'll need to address their defensive issues in the coming window(s). Other than that they're set for quite a few years.

Only question mark for me is Lampard. He hasn't proven anything yet and the jury is still out on him.

Second is Arsenal. We've bought smartly but still need to add Aouar or Partey type. Whoever will be (won't get both imo) will come in as an upgrade and will add quality. With Gabriel, Saliba (and Tierney + Leno) we're set for the future in the defensive department. Now we need to invest heavily in midfield but we'll need a couple of more windows due to financial part of the game.

Arteta has proven he's a good bet to invest in him and support him on the market. Top 4 incoming (if we keep Laca and don't bank on Nketiah obviously).

Arsenal Quotes

Thierry Henry was very quick at analysing everything that was going on and how he needed to react. This intelligence, this capacity to evaluate, understand and question oneself, is also the mark of great players... For everyone, for the fans and for us, he symbolised the golden age of Arsenal.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom