• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CONCACAF Qualifiers

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
United States 6 v 0 Panama (are you kidding me??, this was the same team we drew with in Panama City?) USA advances to Final qualification round....

Jamaica 0 v 0 El Salvador

St Kitts and Nevis 0 v 3 St Vincent and Grenadines

Mexico 3 v 0 Trinidad & Tobago

Canada 1 v 3 Costa Rica

Guatemala 1 v 0 Honduras

Florida Gooner

U.S. finally crushing a side we're clearly superior to. Eddie Johnson subs and scores a hat trick in 17 minutes. Definitely a name to watch, as this guy adds speed up front we've never had. Total domination from start to finish.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
i think the US team is on the rise... as much as it will PISS PEOPLE OFF.. we have actual "international" players now as well as homegrown talent...

we have many players playing in Europe and more that will soon be there...

McBride
Beasley
Keller
Friedel
Howard
Convey (where was he last night?)
Lewis
Casey
Bocanegra
Chreundulo
Mathis
Reyna

plus US-based players like Donovan, Johnson, Ching, Mastroeni, Armas (when healthy), and the most important one, Freddie Adu (who will be in Europe in no more then 3 years)....

we are still behind many of the "established" powers of the game, but we are getting there....

the dawn raids

Established Member
yeah i was impressed with what i saw last night; Donovan looked as good as Ive seen him play for the national team in a while.

phenn

We looked good but my God was the Panamanian keeper rubbish. Couldn't handle crosses at all. Every one of our goals was on a cross!

That said we can be a difficult team to play in the world cup.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
oh yes, their keeper was complete crap.... one of the worst keepers I have ever seen... he is very poor on crosses, and the US team recognized that in the second half.. notice all of their goals in the 2nd half were from crosses...

didnt help Panama that their defence was just utter crap too... pretty much, their whole team just blew chunks...

the dawn raids

Established Member
USArsenal said:
oh yes, their keeper was complete crap.... one of the worst keepers I have ever seen... he is very poor on crosses, and the US team recognized that in the second half.. notice all of their goals in the 2nd half were from crosses...

didnt help Panama that their defence was just utter crap too... pretty much, their whole team just blew chunks...

and how we only managed a draw in the first match ill never know

Florida Gooner

Yes, the announcers commented on how bad their keeper was. As a matter of fact, they commented on how bad the keeping was in the entire group, USA aside. That said, the boys have generally played well, especially considering the atrocious conditions in some of these Central American countries. Think we can repeat the result of 2002? Should have won that quarter-final match against Germany, mind you.

Canuck

Established Member
Poor Canada. :(
The dream is pretty much over again. Shame, we really do have some great talent, it's mainly that the team has so little time to gel. And of course we we're screwed by a couple of refs but hey, it happens. I would think that the best thing for the team is to put more faith in kids playing college ball in the states and trying to get into the MLS. At least they wouldn't have to fly from Germany, Norway, or England to train with the team. The US draw the majority of their players from the MLS, and it seems to do them well. Frank Yallup is doing a good job and I hope that he is around for qualifying for 2010. The team seemed to get better with each mach they played and the 3-1 result with C.Rica is a bit misleading since we played very well, and dominated the 1st half. How long before we get a MLS expansion team north of the border?

Arsenal Quotes

If Ryan Giggs is worth 20 millions, Bergkamp is worth 100 million

Marco Van Basten

Daily Transfer Updates

Wednesday, May 22

Manchester United have joined Arsenal in the race to sign Ajax LB Jorrel Hato, but the player prefers a move to North London [HITC]

Benjamin Šeško will decide before the Euros whether he wants to leave Leipzig or sign a new contract [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal have made an official offer of €20m + €5m add-ons to Fenerbache for LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Sabah Spor]

Arsenal are interested in Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow [Telegraaf]

Justin Bijlow could be available for around £10m [John Cross - The Mirror]

Newcastle are adamant Bruno Guimaraes will not be leaving the club unless his release clause is triggered [The Telegraph]

Arsenal admire Newcastle forward Alexander Isak, but the club insist they will not discuss a deal for less than double the £90m price being mentioned in the media [The Telegraph]

Sambi Lokonga says he has decided to leave Arsenal and his agent is now looking for a solution [Chris Wheatley]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom