• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dani Ceballos: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

shootxhakashoot

Özil lives rent-free in my head
Not the answer clearly and doubt he even wants to be here but if you watch the game again Ceballos did play some pretty good balls out leading to chances including our goal. He also has better tackling and interception stats than xhaka alround, I would take him over xhaka any day as a like for Like but if we are going to be spending we need a physical athletic player who can pass not a another small guy with questionable physique for the premier league,. I thought torreira was the answer for a while but hes not right either and is too small and clearly wants back to Italy. We need someone who aims to and actually can occasionally dominate the middle of the park physically and not one of our current players has that. Whether that is available for our budget Im not sure but other smaller clubs manage to find them.
That said all the last few managers have seen xhaka as the answer to our problems in this area so i think that tells you something about the plan of how we want to play and competing physically doesnt come into it.

Last edited:

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
I like the guy, but he doesnt look like he wants to stay here, clearly not concentrated fully. Also, he ain't the answer to what we miss in midfield.

say yes

forum master baiter
We should extend his loan for the numbers, but I don’t think he’s shown enough for a permanent transfer.

FinnGooner

Established Member
I probably wouldn't sign him but I won't get David Luiz mad if we do, I mean as long as it's what Arteta wants. This has been a poor season for him for sure but Ceballos has has shown previously that he has talent. The guy has 9 caps for Spain with 100+ La Liga/PL games on his belt at 23. It may very well be that he will never fit into PL but with his proven upside and relatively young age, I wouldn't necessarily give up on him based on this chaotic clusterfuck of a season. If we get him for cheap I wouldn't mind giving him a another chance, especially if he is motivated. He has some similarities to Arteta as a player and Arteta himself only broke through in PL around 24-25 so maybe Mikel could mold him into something good. I dunno, just trying to think positively. In the end, what are the chances our scouts bring in somebody much better?

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
@FinnGooner

We absolutely cannot sign him. We need to get a balanced midfield three. This will help sort our huge attacking and defensive issues.

Xhaka is a certainty to start, so what is the point of Ceballos? You can't have these two together.

FinnGooner

Established Member
@FinnGooner

We absolutely cannot sign him. We need to get a balanced midfield three. This will help sort our huge attacking and defensive issues.

Xhaka is a certainty to start, so what is the point of Ceballos? You can't have these two together.

I was talking maybe generally about his quality and potential upside. Obviously we need to add some other players to midfield first and maybe get rid of some as well. I certainly wouldn't be happy with only signing Ceballos without other additions, no way! But for example if we ship out Douzi and Torreira or even Xhaka, and then bring in Partey, maybe another mobile midfielder, I wouldn't mind giving Ceballos a chance in an Arteta like role. Probably unlikely to happen but my point was basically that Ceballos is actually a talented player and that we should be careful with our conclusions with him based on this monstrosity of a season

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
This lad has no impact on a game. Just picks the ball up from a CB and passes it to the fullback.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Let him go back to Spain IMO. I wish him good luck.

Even something as basic as passing - he's passing at an average of 78% - that alone is worthy of being dropped.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Not good enough he is poor he'll play for midtable Spanish club next season. Would've have loved if he kept his great display from his debut but he didn't keep up.

Aevi

Hale End FC
I thought it was fair to give him another chance at a starting spot today but he clearly hasn't taken it. Time to drop him.

ArsenalFever

This is why there's more to football than statistics, there's so much more....
At the end of the day, we won and kept a clean sheet with him in the starting line up.

Sometimes, even a players position and movement on a pitch can alter the outcome of several events, but something like that cannot be added to a statistic, because it's intelligence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Women kill for love and men kill because they hate to lose

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom