• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dani Ceballos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
I think as the days progress, this looks increasingly unlikely. We should have tied him up by now.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
As long as we still have Xhaka on the books he's very low on my list of priorities. Don't want both in the starting line-up next season.

If we manage to sign him up on loan and sell Xhaka to generate funds, that would be shrewd business. Otherwise, I'm not bothered.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Xhaka, Ceballos, Partey, Willock, AMN, Willian and O*** is a good set of CM and AM options. I think resigning Ceballos is important to built on last season.

By selling Torreria and Guendouzi, we are well on the way to paying for Ceballos and Partey.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I think the break-up with Zidane looked really bad, and with him winning the La Liga, which was their main goal, he will continue.

So I have a hard time seeing him go back there now. Arteta and other factors should be enough for him to want only come here, unless of course some great UCL team tries to hijack him.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
In fairness we should evaluate our options first. I would much rather sign Aouar over Ceballos for example.

Xhaka and Ceballos are almost identical in what they offer, under no circumstances should both be playing at the same time in a 433. Dani will want guaranteed minutes and Xhaka will probably start, so I don't see both being here next season.

drippin

In fairness we should evaluate our options first. I would much rather sign Aouar over Ceballos for example.

Xhaka and Ceballos are almost identical in what they offer, under no circumstances should both be playing at the same time in a 433. Dani will want guaranteed minutes and Xhaka will probably start, so I don't see both being here next season.

I think it all depends on the cost. I would guess Ceballos is half cheaper than Aouar. While we won't get Aouar if City want him for example.

Also Ceballos has now performed well in EPL in last matches, he is ready to go straight away, while Aouar would take a season very likely.

truth_hurts

I really don't see the two players as similar at all to be honest. Playing both in a 2 isn't ideal though.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I think it all depends on the cost. I would guess Ceballos is half cheaper than Aouar. While we won't get Aouar if City want him for example.

I can't think of other players who could fit that bill, maybe Lorenzo Pellegrini. Would cost £13.5M this year and £13.5M next year.

I really don't see the two players as similar at all to be honest. Playing both in a 2 isn't ideal though.

Really? Both are pretty immobile, both don't really score or assist. Both are deep lying playmakers. Due to the lack of speed and the all round immobility I think they're too similar to play in a 3. In 5 at the back as a two its fine.

truth_hurts

I can't think of other players who could fit that bill, maybe Lorenzo Pellegrini. Would cost £13.5M this year and £13.5M next year.

Really? Both are pretty immobile, both don't really score or assist. Both are deep lying playmakers. Due to the lack of speed and the all round immobility I think they're too similar to play in a 3. In 5 at the back as a two its fine.

Yes, both share similar limitations, but O don't feel as though they have similar skill sets. Guendouzi nor Willock have looked particularly good next to Xhaka and both are very mobile.

Xhaka is good at occupying defensive spaces, ball retention, battling and leading. Ceballos is very comfortable on the ball, can open up spaces with incisive dribbling and started to show ability to play passes between the lines. Put say Willian between them and the forward line and we have a good basis for attack. Ideally though we sign Partey and play Ceballos or Xhaka in games that we are heavy favourites in.

drippin

Such a player would need even more time to adjust to EPL than Aouar I think.

Personally I think Ceballos is a pretty good option to have more depth. He cannot be too expensive in his Real situation, and if he wants to come here, they can't get better money for him elsewhere.

drippin

I think this taking long because Real madrid want 20m instead of loan.

20 million with 3 years in contract? Is this from a reliable source?

For that money it is a no-brainer. He turned 24 a couple days ago. He can be sold for same money later, or more if he claims his potential, which he looked a bit like doing in late parts of the season.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
20 million with 3 years in contract? Is this from a reliable source?

For that money it is a no-brainer. He turned 24 a couple days ago. He can be sold for same money later, or more if he claims his potential, which he looked a bit like doing in late parts of the season.
No im just guessing few weeks Spanish media say real madrid would look for 20-25M to sell Ceballos.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Could turn out to be a blessing in disguise. But after we've sold Guendouzi and Torreira youre left with -

Xhaka
Willock
ESR

For 3 midfield positions. Willian is supposedly coming to play as the more attacking player in that 3. But we would still need two more. Partey and...

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
It's up to Zidane tho. But can see change of plans in midfield because it's poverty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

What does Arsenal mean? It means class. The structure of the Club, everything has a classy feel about it. It isn't always about success, there is more than that and this is what makes it a cut above the rest.

Charlie Nicholas
Top Bottom