• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Daniel Ek

Is The KroenkeOut 🛩️ going to work?

• Yes

Votes: 44 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 69 39.2%
  • Don’t know Jeff

Votes: 63 35.8%

• Total voters

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
If all billionaires do what bill gates did we'll be in better place
Jeff Bezo's ex wife Mackenzie Scott is giving away more money, faster than anyone else in history. She donated something like £3billion to 286 charities in 1 month last year for example but because Amazon shares were booming her net worth went up not down.

It's crazy, Brewster's Millions stuff but the admin means that she can't actually give it away faster than she earns it. And apparently her charitable foundation already does far fewer checks than most of these philanthropists do.

Most Billionaires are obviously not like that at all though. They are rich because they are greedy or ruthless.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Hasn't Bill Gates given away $30 Billion combating health, hunger and poverty in developing countries and initiatives such as education, financial services and literacy in the US. ?

Its a start right? I mean he cant be all bad surely? :lol:

This was many years after his company stole the tech to create his business and make his billions in the first place. These billionaires are all the same. They come from upper middle class to rich families already and steal and grift their way into their wealth. Having 100m fortunes isn't enough for them. It's a character flaw.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
This was many years after his company stole the tech to create his business and make his billions in the first place. These billionaires are all the same. They come from upper middle class to rich families already and steal and grift their way into their wealth. Having 100m fortunes isn't enough for them. It's a character flaw.
They're wicked smart and driven. Bill Gates has written algorithms that weren't broken for 30 years.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
I mean people in need got 30 Billion, like I said, not all bad, right?

What tech was stolen out of interest?

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
They're wicked smart and driven. Bill Gates has written algorithms that weren't broken for 30 years.

Yeah I don't agree that they are all the same, and that they are all bad either. The tech billionaires are totally different from oil billionaires or land billionaires for example. Not saying that makes them good people necessarily but totally different experiences, philosophies and motivations. A lot of the futurist, technologist stuff that someone like Musk buys into is potentially really dangerous, but in a totally different way to an Oligarch like Abramovich.

Lots wrong with Microsoft as a Company but at least Gates makes genuine attempts to give substantial assets away to charity. I still think that these companies and individuals need to pay more tax though. Corporation tax and dividend loop holes are a scandal really - at least footballers pay proper taxes.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

I mean people in need got 30 Billion, like I said, not all bad, right?

What tech was stolen out of interest?
Agreed. He's doing good things now. I work in IT and generally like him, overall. I like Steve Jobs too but it would be hypocritical to ignore his shortcomings as well.

Sorry to get long winded -

The biggest boom was when Microsoft secured a deal from IBM to use MS's operating system (OS) in IBM machines even though IBM did not know MS did not actually have an OS at the time. Bill took the deal then made another deal to buy an operating system called QDOS (quick and dirty operating system) after the fact from a smaller Seattle company. Microsoft repackaged this operating system as MS-DOS and it's what was given to IBM.

Microsoft made an empire out of this deal where the smaller Seattle company effectively went out of business. There was litigation and a deal settled because of this in the early 90s as Microsoft locked them out of selling QDOS to other customers. There has also been stories that QDOS that Microsoft received was from re-used code from another operating system.

It's more or less shady backroom deals where companies pay to settle kinda like Facebook wasn't technically stolen or Apple didn't "reverse engineer" Xerox technology, etc. Also, there are various pieces written about Microsoft and Apple visiting Xerox facilities with no NDA agreements whatsoever so these two companies were basically able to "borrow" any ideas they were presented with by Xerox at the time and this is where both companies created GUI based operating systems and the use of mice.

Here's a good quote from an interesting history piece on Macintosh:

In 1983, Microsoft sprang a surprise with a new operating system for PCs using an interface like the Mac’s – Windows. Jobs “went ballistic”, demanding an explanation and saying: “I want him in this room by tomorrow afternoon, or else.”
Gates arrived alone to find himself surrounded by 10 Apple employees. “You’re ripping us off,” Jobs shouted.
But Gates looked him in the eye, and said in his squeaky voice, “Well, Steve, I think there’s more than one way of looking at it. I think it’s more like we both had this rich neighbour named Xerox and I broke into his house to steal the TV set and found out that you had already stolen it.”

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

EK did it because of PR i don't think it was serious even he if tried multi times.

But that tell you one thing all billionaire are bad there no good one all think about themselves first.

Yes, we know that you hate Ek more than you hate Kroenke.

akhil

Agreed. He's doing good things now. I work in IT and generally like him, overall. I like Steve Jobs too but it would be hypocritical to ignore his shortcomings as well.

Sorry to get long winded -

The biggest boom was when Microsoft secured a deal from IBM to use MS's operating system (OS) in IBM machines even though IBM did not know MS did not actually have an OS at the time. Bill took the deal then made another deal to buy an operating system called QDOS (quick and dirty operating system) after the fact from a smaller Seattle company. Microsoft repackaged this operating system as MS-DOS and it's what was given to IBM.

Microsoft made an empire out of this deal where the smaller Seattle company effectively went out of business. There was litigation and a deal settled because of this in the early 90s as Microsoft locked them out of selling QDOS to other customers. There has also been stories that QDOS that Microsoft received was from re-used code from another operating system.

It's more or less shady backroom deals where companies pay to settle kinda like Facebook wasn't technically stolen or Apple didn't "reverse engineer" Xerox technology, etc. Also, there are various pieces written about Microsoft and Apple visiting Xerox facilities with no NDA agreements whatsoever so these two companies were basically able to "borrow" any ideas they were presented with by Xerox at the time and this is where both companies created GUI based operating systems and the use of mice.

Here's a good quote from an interesting history piece on Macintosh:

In 1983, Microsoft sprang a surprise with a new operating system for PCs using an interface like the Mac’s – Windows. Jobs “went ballistic”, demanding an explanation and saying: “I want him in this room by tomorrow afternoon, or else.”
Gates arrived alone to find himself surrounded by 10 Apple employees. “You’re ripping us off,” Jobs shouted.
But Gates looked him in the eye, and said in his squeaky voice, “Well, Steve, I think there’s more than one way of looking at it. I think it’s more like we both had this rich neighbour named Xerox and I broke into his house to steal the TV set and found out that you had already stolen it.”

Thereś a lot more nuance to this sort of stuff. The stuff from Xerox was mostly R&D projects aka proof of concepts; not a product. Jobs and Gates figured this was the future. Inspite of the that, it took until Windows 95 to really shoot GUI based operating systems to shoot up. A lot of Microsoftś dominance is also from the Wintel monopoly for a good 2 decades.

Dave Cutler is far more relevant from and engineering standpoint and he came DECś researchś labs and built VMS. Built the Windows NT kernel and been the basis for windows machines for 30 years.

Todayś Mac and iOS are derived from FreeBSD, stuff thatś been in development for 40 years.

If you want a similar story of how Microsoft screwed themselves, they had the equivalent of Google maps prototyped and working in the late 90ś but never did anything with it. They didn't see the potential for it back then, neither did they see the importance of the internet or mobile phones when they had a lot of base knowledge for all of them.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Thereś a lot more nuance to this sort of stuff. The stuff from Xerox was mostly R&D projects aka proof of concepts; not a product. Jobs and Gates figured this was the future. Inspite of the that, it took until Windows 95 to really shoot GUI based operating systems to shoot up. A lot of Microsoftś dominance is also from the Wintel monopoly for a good 2 decades.

Dave Cutler is far more relevant from and engineering standpoint and he came DECś researchś labs and built VMS. Built the Windows NT kernel and been the basis for windows machines for 30 years.

Todayś Mac and iOS are derived from FreeBSD, stuff thatś been in development for 40 years.
Absolutely. I don't like reading or writing multi paragraphs on a message board so I tried to keep it generalized and brief.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Not accurate at all. I know hating the rich is a popular thing to do, but this is a very unfair take.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
How many of the top 10 richest people do you think came from upper middle class and rich families? I know at least 4 didn't.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

How many of the top 10 richest people do you think came from upper middle class and rich families? I know at least 4 didn't.
I hate to break it to you but your girl Kylie Jenner is not a "self made" billionaire

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Do you guys think Thierry feels stupid having done the whole boycotting social media to take a stand against racism and then throwing his lot in with Ek who is apparently perfectly fine with Joe Rogan's racism? What a shame.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Anyone I don't agree with is racist.

fetchimage

Arsenal Quotes

When you grow up with a club and you end up playing for them and winning things, you are from that club. I was born here. I was formulated here.

Liam Brady
Top Bottom