• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Danny Welbeck: Dan Out Ere

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThlRama

Player:Saka
I hope the haters take notice - he is a fantastic squad option to have for games like this (injury crisis, rotation, inferior opposition that's been done in the first game etc.)

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
10 goals this season. Who knows, he might end up with 15 - 17 goals
As usual lots of ifs but this season he seems to be showing that if he stays fit and if he plays a reasonable amount of time he could get 15/20 goals in a season which is not bad for your third striker option.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
i was thinking the exact same thing... his ability to push on even when the team are stagnant is relentless... very much part of the Fergie DNA. Apart from Elneny, im not sure who else in the team does this (though i know Ramsey shows up with goals in some big game too tbf)
Yep, these three keep at it even when things don't go our way, but Danny is probably the leader of the pack. Runs all game and never gives up, because there are times in football when your effort will be rewarded, even though you're probably not the most technically gifted player.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
For a good amout of the game he was our most dangerous player, tracked back and was generally involved until he got subbed.
I said a few months ago that he should probably be sold, but having seen his recent form, he's a useful player to have around and is tactically disciplined when you need someone to take orders in important games.
I'm starting to think that under a more direct manager that can put him on an individual routine to improve his finishing a bit he'd succeed for the most part, but you never know with Danny.
Still, can never argue about his desire, unlike a good amount of our squad.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Simeone’s tactics is more than just parking the bus like what Mourinho did.

When the other team is trying to build up from the back, Simeone’s team press high to limit passing options, forcing defenders to make errors.

Mourinho’s parking the bus won’t press high. He would just sit deep with physically strong player.

When the opponent are able to build from the back, Simeone’s team play very narrow and compact. He does that to limit space available in the central areas. But that would leave some space on both sides of the pitch.

Mourinho’s parking the bus would not allow any space to be exploited, not even on the flanks. So all they do is again, sitting deep with physically strong players.

When Simeone’s team is playing counter, it’s by good techniques and clever movements. It’s beautiful to watch everytime they counter, although it does not happen a lot in a match. The whole match maybe boring to some people,
but at least the one or two goals they scored would be very nice to watch.

Mourinho counter with boring long ball and physical play. Boring to watch even on the counter. Even if they scored ten goals in a match, they would all be boring goals. And the match will guaranteed to be boring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

We played with a bit of a handbrake

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom