David Ospina: Best Backup Keeper in the League

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by a_fourteen, Feb 1, 2015.

1. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mmhmm yes, I agree

I'm tempted to agree but our set pieces will suffer I think.
  2. HBL

HBL Well-Known Member

If this guy was 2-3 inches taller he’d probably be world class but he just can’t be our number 1 because of how bad he is at corners/set pieces.
    KrissKringle likes this.
  3. Mitch

Mitch Love Arsenal, Hate Ramsey

Neither of our keepers inspire me with confidence but I rather Ospina starts ahead of Cech.
  4. NieThePiet

NieThePiet Part Time Werder Bremen Fan

Sad, that he isn't good on crosses. Anyway he could be a decent keeper, he is a bit to small.

Navas is just 2cms higher, but he looks much better in general.
  5. pacstud

pacstud Well-Known Member

We still don't have a #1 keeper
  6. Brown Gooner

Brown Gooner Well-Known Member

He is a pretty decent goalkeeper and he again showed that today. Made some excellent saves and he couldn’t do much about that Milan goal.

He is slated just because of his height but let us not forget that Casillas wasn’t exactly a giant either!
  7. TakeChillPill

TakeChillPill Well-Known Member

Any italians speakers in here? @yousifpersie were the milan really singing Ospina's name?

It was a great tune btw.
  8. KrissKringle

KrissKringle Well-Known Member

I think people were hearing Ospina when in fact they were saying Milan or AC Milan.
    Brown Gooner and TakeChillPill like this.
  9. Gooner416

Gooner416 Well-Known Member

I felt he was decently off his line a bit and could've been better positioned for that strike, it's not like that ball was hit with a burst of pace.
  10. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mmhmm yes, I agree

I don't know. On the Tele it looked like a rocket.
  11. say yes

say yes Very Stable Genius

No! :lol:

Ac Milan fans were all singing ‘oooooh ac milan’.

However tune was really catchy and fits ‘ooooooh Ospina’ perfectly though so the entire emirates joined in/highjacked it on the chorus.

Genuinely hilarious, one of the funniest things I’ve ever witnessed at the Emirates.