• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

David Ospina: On Loan to Napoli

Thehulk

He made crucial saves, including 2 penalty saves from Messi and Robben as well as almost singlehandedly keeping Barca at bay in the Semis.

So no it doesn't make my point "totally null and void"
Eboue, Sendeross and Flamini did quite well as well so yeah it does, Eboue won a penalty in the CL final etc etc

Besides we won an fa cup with Ospina and another with Szczney. And were in title wining form with Ospina in goal.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Eboue, Sendeross and Flamini did quite well as well so yeah it does, Eboue won a penalty in the CL final etc etc

Besides we won an fa cup with Ospina and another with Szczney. And were in title wining form with Ospina in goal.

What penalty are you on about!? We scored from a free-kick that Sol Campbell headed in.

There's a difference between doing quite well and singlehandedly winning games. If it wasn't for Cech, Chelsea wouldn't have won the CL.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I remember Almunia having the game of his life against Barca, not the CL final though.

When? The game we conceded 3 or the game we conceded 4?

Once again doing quite well is not the same as carrying your team to victory ffs

Thehulk

What penalty are you on about!? We scored from a free-kick that Sol Campbell headed in.

There's a difference between doing quite well and singlehandedly winning games. If it wasn't for Cech, Chelsea wouldn't have won the CL.
An out field player is hardly going to be saving penalties etc etc.

The record for best defence in CL history is Arsenal its an amazing 16 and a half hours and with the players I mentioned, not Cech and Chelsea, Cech obviously lets more goals in.

Last edited:

Thehulk

Yeah was a free kick.

Thehulk

I have no idea why this discussion is going on. Szczesny and Ospina aren't bad, but Cech is world-class. In order to close the gap to the champions, you have to improve your side. Cech does that massively.
I dont think he is worldclass, he is surplus to requirements at Chelsea and has been replaced by a better keeper.

Thehulk

The point about using the cup wins as some sought of gauge to a players ability is that its a team game.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
I dont think he is worldclass, he is surplus to requirements at Chelsea and has been replaced by a better keeper.

You can argue whether Courtois is better, some Chelsea fans don't even agree with that. In the long-term he probably will be.

But being surplus to requirements at Chelsea doesn't mean he won't be a massive improvement on Szczesny or Ospina. Courtois and Cech are in tier 1 of GK's, Ospina and Szczesny are not.

We've seen what De Gea has done for United. He's saved them from Europa League football. That's what terrific goalkeepers do.

Thehulk

You can argue whether Courtois is better, some Chelsea fans don't even agree with that. In the long-term he probably will be.

But being surplus to requirements at Chelsea doesn't mean he won't be a massive improvement on Szczesny or Ospina. Courtois and Cech are in tier 1 of GK's, Ospina and Szczesny are not.

We've seen what De Gea has done for United. He's saved them from Europa League football. That's what terrific goalkeepers do.

Ospina has excellent stats and we had title winning form with him, I cant see there being a massive improvement tbf, just not possible.

Proof

Established Member
David Ospina would be a good riddance. If he wants to be first choice then Fenerbahce is his level. He will probably enjoy walking across Galata Bridge, going to a hookah bar then go shopping in the Spice Bazaar. Good luck!

Petr Cech would be a significant improvement on our current options. Our defenders will be more confident knowing that Cech is in the goal, the strikers will think twice before taking a shot.

His leadership, his experience and having such an accomplished goalkeeper in the locker room are great intangibles. Cech could have easily stayed as a back-up for the rest of his career at Chelsea but he clearly doesn't want that despite his glorious CV. This man still wants to win trophies while being first choice, the hunger it's still there. Sign him up!

electronicmaji

I'm happy that Ospina will leave this ****ty team and ****ty fans. Hope another Colombian never considers signing for you. You don't deserve Colombian talent because you can not recognize clear winners. That's why your team has done nothing but lose for the last 5 seasons.

Ospina will go to a better team that will recognize his talents and skill and not judge him because he's a 6 foot Colombian and not a 7 foot tall glorious white man. ****ing racist ****.

I wish doom and misery on your team and players. Just like the snub you did to Oscar Cordoba in 2003. You will never get a world class Colombian. You don't deserve them.

May your team forever be cursed to never win anything significant again. The Colombian curse. Le doy en la cara marica!

I'm happy that Ospina will leave this ****ty team and ****ty fans. Hope another Colombian never considers signing for you. You don't deserve Colombian talent because you can not recognize clear winners. That's why your team has done nothing but lose for the last 5 seasons.

Ospina will go to a better team that will recognize his talents and skill and not judge him because he's a 6 foot Colombian and not a 7 foot tall glorious white man. ****ing racist ****.

I wish doom and misery on your team and players. Just like the snub you did to Oscar Cordoba in 2003. You will never get a world class Colombian. You don't deserve them.

May your team forever be cursed to never win anything significant again. The Colombian curse. Le doy en la cara marica!

lol

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

You took the time to get an avatar just to insult us?

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Ospina has excellent stats and we had title winning form with him, I cant see there being a massive improvement tbf, just not possible.

Stats? You're seriously bringing up stats when talking about a goalkeeper?

zCYxUyO.gif

The amount of factors that play into those stats makes them utterly meaningless.

Jajajajajajajaja

Arsenal Quotes

I've never been a goalscorer. I've only owned goals. Good own goals.

Steve Bould

Latest posts

Top Bottom