• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Oooooooospina (Oooooooout)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
so we bought him in 2014 for about 3M pounds now we selling him for 6M pounds 3M profit well done **** and baldy.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Ospina is a good keeper and the very least of our problems. Is he an elite GK? No but he is a large reason why we looked half decent in Europe this year. He should be our number 1 with the form Cech has been in.

ARSNLNO1

If the story is true then hopefully Wenger is bringing Szcsesny back and giving him the chance he deserves, one less position to worry about.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Good to get him off the books & not just another subsidised loan.

Conceded 22 goals in 14 games this season. o_O

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
That's low. We could get far more if we wait and he really should be playing at a higher level than Fener.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
That's low. We could get far more if we wait and he really should be playing at a higher level than Fener.

? He's incredibly average. Let's in soft goals on a regular basis. Even did it in the FA Cup final. Poor on crosses, distribution should be better etc.

Fener seems like his level. Certainly not good enough for the Prem, wouldn't even take him here and we've had some troubles in the GK department.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
The guy saves shots he shouldn't & concedes those he should save.

Not convinced of any keeper that short being suitable for the Premier League either.

Reactions: BBF

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
We won't sign another keeper if Ospina leaves. Wenger believes in Emiliano and I fully expect him to be second choice behind Cech. Two keepers and then a young keeper coming through will be the clubs notion.

Looks as if we're properly trimming this squad though blimey.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
I have to say I am be very disappointed with these rumoured low fees for szczesny (who I don't want to sell at all) and Ospina.

Risky going into next season with Cech (who was very poor for the majority of this season only finding his great form that he displayed in his first season with us in the last half dozen matches of this season) and Martinez (who although has been impressive in a couple of matches, has yet to play consistently at top level).

If the rumours of Pickford are true and although he is coming off a very good season I would much rather of kept szczesny. I honestly think Butland has more potential than Pickford and is only a year older but him being injury prone is a concern.

If Szczesny is sold I would ideally go for Donnarumma (pipe dream I know) or more realistically kasper schmeichel.

Malky

Established Member
£3M for Ospina sounds about right. Like @Dokaka says. he's incredibly average.
Theres people on here trying to make a claim we should be keeping him, even worse that there is some that still think this midget should be first choice.
I've never been convinced by Ospina, the goal in the FA Cup final was perfect example, top keepers should save that. He also looked out his depth against Sutton in the cup, they had him sussed and started pinging balls into the box and he flapped at every one. He got rattled playing against Carpet Fitters and Window cleaners :lol:
Gutted we're selling Szczesny, but Ospina? See ya later, mate.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I have to say I am be very disappointed with these rumoured low fees for szczesny (who I don't want to sell at all) and Ospina.

Risky going into next season with Cech (who was very poor for the majority of this season only finding his great form that he displayed in his first season with us in the last half dozen matches of this season) and Martinez (who although has been impressive in a couple of matches, has yet to play consistently at top level).

If the rumours of Pickford are true and although he is coming off a very good season I would much rather of kept szczesny. I honestly think Butland has more potential than Pickford and is only a year older but him being injury prone is a concern.

If Szczesny is sold I would ideally go for Donnarumma (pipe dream I know) or more realistically kasper schmeichel.

You have to think about it logically and from an Arsenal stand point though. Cech is going to be first choice for the next two seasons, that's the main reason why Szczesny is being sold. I trust Cech more than Szczesny and we can't guarantee him first team football.

The fee's are small I agree, but both keepers need to get off the books we're being ruthless. Next summer we should look at bringing in someone like Donnarumma but there's no point in signing a keeper who is 26-32 years old to be behind Cech, because the player won't take that. Maybe if we were in the CL but we aren't.

Donnarumma is the Mbappe of keepers, I think he'll command 75m at least if he ever did leave Milan.

4R5Emaniac

? He's incredibly average. Let's in soft goals on a regular basis. Even did it in the FA Cup final. Poor on crosses, distribution should be better etc.

Fener seems like his level. Certainly not good enough for the Prem, wouldn't even take him here and we've had some troubles in the GK department.
I think he is unsuited to the PL but would surely get in West Ham, Crystal Palace, Everton, Watford etc easy. Would excel at a mid level club in Spain, Italy or Ligue1. We can easily fetch more than what Fener are willing to pay from a PL team or another mid level club in the big leagues.

4R5Emaniac

If a clown like Szczesny can improve and start for the 2nd/3rd best team in Italy what is stopping Ospina from getting game time and improving? He'd do well at mid level clubs and we can definitely get more for him if we let the market develop.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
I think he is unsuited to the PL but would surely get in West Ham, Crystal Palace, Everton, Watford etc easy. Would excel at a mid level club in Spain, Italy or Ligue1. We can easily fetch more than what Fener are willing to pay from a PL team or another mid level club in the big leagues.

He's not better than Adrian. Maybe Randolph, on one of his bad days. Difference here is Randolph is a bit Almunia-esque in his ability to be world class on his day and then look shocking the following game.

Watford, sure. But why would they buy him? He's not going to get better and is already painfully average. They have nothing to gain by buying him over taking a punt on a random keeper from another league.

There's no point buying a keeper that is clearly not good enough for the Prem. Better to spend that money on someone else who might be.

4R5Emaniac

He's not better than Adrian. Maybe Randolph, on one of his bad days. Difference here is Randolph is a bit Almunia-esque in his ability to be world class on his day and then look shocking the following game.

Watford, sure. But why would they buy him? He's not going to get better and is already painfully average. They have nothing to gain by buying him over taking a punt on a random keeper from another league.

There's no point buying a keeper that is clearly not good enough for the Prem. Better to spend that money on someone else who might be.
Maybe Randolph? He is way better than Randolph and he is better than Adrian too. He is not a regular starter and I agree he is not best suited to the PL yet he is a good performer.

Raldolph or Almunia can't ever be world class whatever day it maybe. Thats just ridiculous. Ospina has had far many top performances in International tournaments, in the PL, in the CL and as recently as the FA cup final with one mistake that turned into a goal due to a deflection.

He is not "not good enough for the Prem", he is unsuited and comes up short in some scenarios. Watford would be lucky to have him. Everton as well.

I'm sure we'll get better offers than this and that he can play at a higher level than for Fener.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Of the nine red cards this season we probably deserved half of them

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom