• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

David Silva

kym7224

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article1331212.ece#OTC-RSS&ATTR=Football" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... R=Football</a>

Sun usually unreliable, but link is link

Exclusive and Shaun Curtis who sometime on Arsenal TV.

If we sign him we definitely have money. :D

kym7224

You can always call the Sun thegame.
Seriously Sun's obssession to Wenger and Arsenal is still strong.

raidersoftheark

Established Member
No thanks. Haven't been too impressed by him anyways. If we're going for a reasonably priced winger to improve our squad from this Euro, I'd much rather go for Podolski.

Wokich

This seems like a lot more plausible rumour to me than most. Fabregas has just become a legend in Spain. I was thinking about getting my new kit in Fab4, but now I'm thinking I might get the Spanish Fab10.

David Villa could be well interested in moving to Arsenal because he knows that Spain has a better chance at a major tournament than it has had in 88 years due to Cesc and wants to be a part of it. Oh, wait, I meant David Silva . . . . okay, I mean ALL SPANISH YOUTH.

Even though we are "top four" we still have spent less money in the transfer market in the past four years than ManU, Liverpool, Chelsea, Newcastle and Sp**s: this make us the 6th highest spending team in the Prem for those keeping score at home. The "big four" are not the "rich four". The "big four" are the teams that are actually good, which counts in Arsenal . . . and out Sp**s.

The reaseon we have been dominant over the past decade or so is French with Henry, Gallas, and Viera leading the way, with Flamini, Clichy, Sagna and Nasri (crossing fingers) about to recieve their due. The French connection has been dominant for Arsenal.

Fabregas has proven there are Spaniards in world football, and he'll be remembered amongst the greats. The biggest questions facing Arsenal today are:

1. How long can we keep Fabregas?
2. How many Spaniards can he draw?

If we keep the French side and Cesc continues to preform for Spain we can hope to set up a Spanish connection to take Arsenal through the next 10 years whether David signs or not.

Vivo Arsenal!

Meatwad

when he finally had a class game on sunday (after looking like poo previously) i knew the link would come.

Jaded

*Yawn* Won't happen. Simple as that.

But Silva & Hleb are similar in one way, they both hates to shoot.

Kain

Established Member
The scousers have been drooling over Silva & Villa for age's just as we have the French connection as Wokich said they feel they have the Spanish connection through Benitez, though it'll be pretty sick to see him given another £20+ mil for Silva.

Think he would struggle in a more physical league personally.

tbbosa

Too simiilar to Rosiscky me thinks. Moves just like him, shoots just like him, he can also play on both wings, and he is young. He is a typical AW signing, but cant see it happening.
I would love Arshavin though, what a player. For 10M AW should pickup Arshavin if vailable, but I reckon Chelski and Barca, will now go for him, given they use the media hype to buy players.

number_0

Established Member
Really talented player, but never really liked him, can pass but wont pass, liverpool or Sp**s is perfect for him with their spanish manegers.

This rumour will be gone the moment another person scores a goal in semi final.

qs

Established Member
tbbosa said:
I would love Arshavin though, what a player. For 10M AW should pickup Arshavin if vailable

He's going to cost alto more than £10m

Kain

Established Member
qs said:
tbbosa said:
I would love Arshavin though, what a player. For 10M AW should pickup Arshavin if vailable

He's going to cost alto more than £10m

Would be worth every penny, i dont buy into this 'i want to play in la liga' media crap, if Arsène went layed down the 15+ mil to Zenit and talked to Arshavin not only about contract but show how many chances we create with Hleb & Cesc & even Rosicky, that a player of his ability could easily be putting away... how could he turn that down other than a £100k+ a week contract from scholari.

asajoseph

Established Member
It doesn't matter how good he is really - Wenger will NEVER pay that sum of money for a player that old.

I hope he goes to La Liga, because if he comes to England, it will be to one of our rivals.

Arsenal Quotes

Football is a bit like elections. Before it's unpredictable. After it's unexplainable... But there's an opportunity for us to make it unforgettable.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom