• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Declan Rice: Cooking Again

jaystewart

I don’t think Partey is necessarily the issue if it’s increased, but yeah he looks more a liability physically than Jorginho sometimes. Think we’ve been rocky at the back since those mistakes at Bayern unfortunately. Left back is a huge issue... Kiwior got cooked by the first decent player he played against and its been chaos ever since.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Catch up with him how? He ran almost most in the league. And we are still in the title race. He has already more goals/assists than Xhaka and that by playing both 6 and 8. Its already more than the OP Xhaka/Partey duo gave us last season.

How about being one of the heavy hitters on this forum show him some more respect. He has done an amazing job given he has lacked the perfect partner. Admit that at least?
He just looks a bit more tired than usual, that’s all.

I’ve wanted Rice here for like five years, I only reason I stopped wishlisting him was because I thought he had gotten too expensive for us. There’s your respect.

While we’re here the goal/assist numbers are a nice unexpected bonus but the passing is the only thing holding him back.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
He just looks a bit more tired than usual, that’s all.

Agree. Expected tbf given he's been ever-present in a very demanding system, arguably in the most physically demanding position(s) and carries a fairly big frame. Not a coincidence Partey's body imploded playing like this.

Think there's also some mental fatigue going through the entire squad as well, unreal how switched on you have to be week after week these days playing modern pressing systems and winning every single game.

GoonerJay24

Yeah when you are accused of not doing something. Just use the media and say you do. Most people will buy it. His passing is limited and he has slow release

It's not just his passing, but more so his ability to pass under pressure and get half-turned. This affects the timing of his movement during the build-up because, subconsciously, he doesn't trust his technical toolkit under pressure, which causes him to hesitate before moving into position.

I still think he's a great defensive midfielder, but his attributes don't suit our playing style; or what we were building towards in recent years. This is why we've been forced to adapt our approach against strong teams this year. Arteta doesn't want us sat back in a block compact; the opponents force us to.

Gunner D

Coronavirus Truther; ex. Gunner boy dd
I still think he's a great defensive midfielder, but his attributes don't suit our playing style; or what we were building towards in recent years. This is why we've been forced to adapt our approach against strong teams this year. Arteta doesn't want us sat back in a block compact; the opponents force us to.
What, so the opponents have forced us into a deep block, cos we got Declan Rice in midfield? Make it make sense please.

Also, ‘adapting our approach’ has seen us pick up points against the top teams this season.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

What, so the opponents have forced us into a deep block, cos we got Declan Rice in midfield? Make it make sense please.

Also, ‘adapting our approach’ has seen us pick up points against the top teams this season.
We been lucky this season in term of injuries and some away games

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
It allows others more freedom knowing he can protect the back 4 and win midfield physical battles on his own. Obviously, we still don't have LCM sorted but once we get a highly technical LCM we will be able to appreciate Rice more.

Maybe you should wait for next season and see how it goes once the midfield is complete, you might be surprised

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
It's not just his passing, but more so his ability to pass under pressure and get half-turned. This affects the timing of his movement during the build-up because, subconsciously, he doesn't trust his technical toolkit under pressure, which causes him to hesitate before moving into position.

On the contrary, he’s exactly what Arteta is looking for. Arteta has mentioned before the need for physicality and athleticism in the team, and Rice is the best in the world in this aspect.

Arteta has built the most physical team in the world that can also play, and Rice is a massive part of that.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
On the contrary, he’s exactly what Arteta is looking for. Arteta has mentioned before the need for physicality and athleticism in the team, and Rice is the best in the world in this aspect.

Arteta has built the most physical team in the world that can also play, and Rice is a massive part of that.

People still look at this team the way they think they would like it to be instead of how it actually is.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Players with this level of athleticism and robustness never get the plaudits injury plauged guys like Partey get. Can't find a single long term injury Rice has had, and that's with 6.5 seasons in the Premier League.

If he went down for any considerable amount of time, it'd quickly become evident that we gain alot more than we lose just because he doesn't do x or y cutting pass.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Players with this level of athleticism and robustness never get the plaudits injury plauged guys like Partey get. Can't find a single long term injury Rice has had, and that's with 6.5 seasons in the Premier League.

If he went down for any considerable amount of time, it'd quickly become evident that we gain alot more than we lose just because he doesn't do x or y cutting pass.
Well if you spend 105 million pound on a player you are supposed to gain a lot from him and he is supposed to be an important player

GoonerJay24

It's never just one player; but I think the profile of a central midfielder is critical to how teams play

GoonerJay24

It allows others more freedom knowing he can protect the back 4 and win midfield physical battles on his own. Obviously, we still don't have LCM sorted but once we get a highly technical LCM we will be able to appreciate Rice more.

Maybe you should wait for next season and see how it goes once the midfield is complete, you might be surprised

That makes no sense and irrelevant to my post. I never denied his best attributes, just saying this type of profile against good teams, forces us to adapt away from our main plan.

Of course the teams overrall defensive improvement is obvious compared to last season. I'm sure next season we'll be even better if Mikel can pick the right profile

GoonerJay24

I disagree actually, because why build a technical possession based team to progress play centrally in the last three years?

I understand we need physicality and athleticism, especially in England. However, if stylistically the plan is technical precision and quick interplay; Rice isn't the right profile to spend £105m on. He could've done smarter business to get this type of balance.

May look foolish complaining in the midst of a title race, which I'm glad about. But there has to be some questions because of inconsistent performances.

Tnegs

We’ve been excellent against the strong teams this season especially in the league so whatever you think Arteta is forced to do with him is clearly working.

Arsenal Quotes

Don’t be scared to be ambitious. It’s not a humiliation to have a high target and to fail. For me, the real humiliation is to have a target and not to give everything to reach it.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom