• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Declan Rice: Cooking Again

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
I doubt Pep seriously wanted Rice, especially for £100m+. Not his type of player
Think we finally found West Ham Central's AM account.

Who else would type nonsense like "I doubt Pep seriously wanted Rice.." when City made an official opening bid of £90m (more than our opening bid) and only pulled out after it became clear Rice preferred us. As for the "not his type of player", sure Pep was willing to break City's record transfer for giggles I suppose.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba

Who else would type nonsense like "I doubt Pep seriously wanted Rice.." when City made an official opening bid of £90m (more than our opening bid) and only pulled out after it became clear Rice preferred us. As for the "not his type of player", sure Pep was willing to break City's record transfer for giggles I suppose.
Yup the guy who bought Kalvin Phillips for over 60m and then clearly regretted it definitely wasn't trying to rectify his mistake and just made a 90m bid for laughs. :lol:

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

What a player, what a man! Oozes class.

How lovely karma-like downturn was the Chelsea crashing just at the right time, and Arsenal's rise at the same time?

Guy just turned 25 years old, is now the England captain, and will likely stay at Arsenal for at least 8 years more.

GoonerJay24

Wow, never knew I had a secret identity. Thanks for enlightening me!

Don't buy it though. Clubs have made bids many times, without the manager being fully sold on a player. Pep, never had a profile like Rice in his midfields at City, Barca or Bayern. Why would he spend so much on a player who doesnt fit his footballing principles?

drippin

Wow, never knew I had a secret identity. Thanks for enlightening me!

Don't buy it though. Clubs have made bids many times, without the manager being fully sold on a player. Pep, never had a profile like Rice in his midfields at City, Barca or Bayern. Why would he spend so much on a player who doesnt fit his footballing principles?
He bid 90 million for him, that's a fact.

Clubs don't bid such sums just for laughs. If Arsenal wouldn't have bid more, he would have had to buy him for that sum if West Ham agreed to it. So he rated him that highly and was ready to get him to his team.

It's okay if you can't see what top managers see in Rice. You will hopefully though.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Hate that it means he will probably play ANOTHER full 90 in this game (**** you Southgate, you big nosed ****!) but very happy for Rice to be the England captain tonight, first Arsenal player to skipper the English national team since Sol Campbell in 2005.

Must be a very proud moment for him 💪

drippin

Hate that it means he will probably play ANOTHER full 90 in this game (**** you Southgate, you big nosed ****!) but very happy for Rice to be the England captain tonight, first Arsenal player to skipper the English national team since Sol Campbell in 2005.

Must be a very proud moment for him 💪
The England managers are both either United or Chelsea fans.

They will likely run Saka and Rice to the ground even in useless friendly matches if they can.

Part of why he took Mainoo in so early, but I assume he won't run him to the ground.
Southgate grew up as a huge Manchester United fan. However, it’s unclear if he still supports the Red Devils. The England manager idolised Bryan Robson as a kid and wanted to follow in the legendary midfielder’s footsteps.

Southgate wrote about his early Manchester United fandom in his bestselling book, Anything Is Possible, available on Amazon.
“I supported Manchester United, and experienced the excitement of following my team from one season to the next,” Southgate wrote in his book. “I also had a taste of heartbreak when they lost to Southampton in the FA Cup final one year, and ended up bawling my eyes out.

Arsenal Quotes

When we won the title on May 3-rd by beating Everton 4-0 as Tony Adams scored that iconic goal, we showed everyone and especially Manchester United that we could beat them. Thirteen days later, when we beat Newcastle 2-0 in the FA Cup final in the legendary Wembley Stadium, it was wonderful... I felt immensely proud for the team, for the club: this was the fantastic response I was able to give to those who had put their confidence in me, as well as those who had put me through all those difficult weeks when I first arrived.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom