• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Defoe to Sp**s.

Adam

Established Member
And he's an Arsenal fan...

Kanoute, Keane, Defoe, Postiga and Zamora.

Not bad for Sp**s.

lewdikris

Established Member
Stupid boy. Just couldn't wait a little longer. Whether he'd have ever ended up at one of the big three is open to question, but Pardew's been assembling a pretty good young, talented squad at West Ham, and if they can get up this season I think they could be pretty decent next year in the EPL....

reggiepaul

Can someone please explain to me why we would be in the run in to sign defoe when we have signed a player ten times (maybe a hundred times) better than him in Reyes? This highlights our intentions and I can't see how Defoe would be a part of all this.

Can someone explain to me why fans want Fatty Viduka and psychotic yorkshire shepherd Alan Smith as well - when we have signed Reyes?

I would prefer Van Persie though.

Gooner83

We where for Defoe before, I agree Reyes is way more talented.. but remember we are losing Wiltord and Kanu, maybe Bergy so our squad is gonna get thinner.

reggiepaul

At present our strike force consists of :

Bergkamp, Wiltord, Kanu, Henry, Reyes, Aliadiere, (Fred)

Next season we will have three in the worst case scenario plus Fred so it isn't so bad.

thegame24

Established Member
I told you lot hes gonna go for more than 5 million. waste of money, * Sp**s and stupid defoe for going to Sp**s.

reggie if Kanu leaves we despartly need a striker who can hold the ball.

only cheapos that i can think of are fatty viduka as you put it and Kluivert.

i dont like viduka either, i want kluivert, but if kanu leaves i wouldnt mind viduka if hes cheap, VERY CHEAP.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
i think Kanu will habg out for another year or 2... he has played well this year so far... (of course, its a contract year)... but he plays the styl of ball that the CL calls for.. technically good and can hold the ball when needed and slow the game down...

not sure if AW will keep him just for that though

thegame24

Established Member
i reckon he will if he can. kanu is so valuable in cl. in the season we reached quarters kanu starte ahead of bergkamp in cl.

reggiepaul

I don't think we should hold on to players who can hold the ball and focus more on players who can move, dribble and increase play for us. Kanu is good but as much as his holding the ball can be helpful for us at times, surrounded by players who play pass and move football has at times made holding the ball detrimental to us.

The game against Inter at the san siro is one point where Gilberto came on and added more flair and movement from defence upwards, creating further chances for the team.

lewdikris

Established Member
Defoe would have been top competition for Ali and Bentley to start alongside Titi, but he's not in Reyes' class, at all. And although it's too early to say, Ali and Bentley could easily exceed him.

I feel a bit sorry for Defoe. He's going to be a very good player, probably worthy of a squad berth at on of the top three, but they've all looked elsewhere just when he felt he needed to move most.

Unfortunately, with the way Wenger and Ferguson are rebuilding their squads, that's probably it for him at Highbury or Old Trafford for another 5 years at least (when he'll only be all of 26!). However, he could always go to Chelsea for a couple of weeks sometime before they buy fifteen other players for his position...

reggiepaul

One thing I have grasped from the signing of Reyes is, don't focus on "gonnabes" or "wannabes" but grab people who are something right now. Previously we didn't have the money for that. What I saw from Reyes yesterday was impressive stuff, with a bit more confidence I think he would have been driving in to the box going for goal and he's only 20.

If we almost broke I think Defoe MAY have been an option but I am still unsure how he could have mixed it alongside the rest of players and also motivated the rest of players at Arsenal, as much as players with interesting potential like Bentley and Aliadiere and proven potential like Reyes give the team, even the older members of the squad.

The most bizarre thing about getting Reyes was, everything is on schedule, we have the money, we have the manager to pick them and the scary thing is - it's all coming in to shape.

Andrew

ExiledInNewcastle said:
Kanoute and Defoe....mmm...there's a strike force guaranteed to save a London team from relegation...

Haha. :lol:

Defoe is exactly a Sp**s type player. Good but not great. It's quite hilarious about how many strikers they have bought lately. And I don't get Defoe, why would you want to move to Sp**s if you're a lifelong Arsenal fan? He must have been really desperate to get away from West Ham.

Arsenal Quotes

It’s not impossible to go through a season unbeaten and I can’t see why it’s shocking to say that.

Arsène Wenger, 2 years before the Invincibles completed the unbeaten league season

Latest posts

Top Bottom