• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Denis Suarez

Status
Not open for further replies.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I thought he’d be more of a Ramsey replacement

In terms of place in the squad or where he fits on the pitch? I think Emery almost certainly sees him as a winger first and foremost. Anyway, we should still be looking for another one and shipping Mkhitaryan off to China.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
I thought he’d be more of a Ramsey replacement
Same. I view him as Rosicky-esque. But if Ramsey doesn't leave now, then no point of going through with the deal.

That's why I was saying, "he's not the winger we need..." ;)

Reactions: A_G

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
In terms of place in the squad or where he fits on the pitch? I think Emery almost certainly sees him as a winger first and foremost. Anyway, we should still be looking for another one and shipping Mkhitaryan off to China.
Depends on what constitutes a winger. I think he’d be one of those inside AM’s in a 3-4-2-1, I don’t really consider that a wide player as such. In a 4-2-3-1 I’d expect to see him as a 10, although I could be wrong.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
High energy box to box. I see Ghendouzi as the Ramsey replacement and Torreria as Wilshere's replacement. Maitland Niles takes El Nenny's role.

We mnever replaced Santi cazorla though. Banega would be something slightly towards that.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Depends on what constitutes a winger. I think he’d be one of those inside AM’s in a 3-4-2-1, I don’t really consider that a wide player as such. In a 4-2-3-1 I’d expect to see him as a 10, although I could be wrong.

Agree on the first formation, disagree on the second. I think he'd be on the right with Iwobi as a 10 (if he leaves out Özil). I don't think Emery would've specifically spoken about him being able to help out on the wing (right and left) if he intended to have him in the middle.

Reactions: A_G

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
High energy box to box. I see Ghendouzi as the Ramsey replacement and Torreria as Wilshere's replacement. Maitland Niles takes El Nenny's role.

We mnever replaced Santi cazorla though. Banega would be something slightly towards that.

Did I shag your mum or something?

Do you want me to have aneyrism?

We haven't replaced guys like Paddy, Pires, Henry, Freddie

Why do you want to replace a guy from a very not successful period for our club?

truth_hurts

Did I shag your mum or something?

Do you want me to have aneyrism?

We haven't replaced guys like Paddy, Pires, Henry, Freddie

Why do you want to replace a guy from a very not successful period for our club?

Cesc? RVP? or you mean one of the catalysts for ending our trophy drought and one of our finest players of the Emirates era in Cazorla?

Strange post.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Cesc? RVP? or you mean one of the catalysts for ending our trophy drought and one of our finest players of the Emirates era in Cazorla?

Strange post.

It is this never ending bringing up of Cazorla, it is done ad naseum

Nifty player for sure, heck even his cm days far exceded my excpectations for him but the way cooonstantly bring him up it seems like you think he is Zidane

Todays game has surpassed players like him

You gotta have atleast one aspect of physicallity where you stand out

truth_hurts

Nifty player for sure, heck even his cm days far exceded my excpectations for him but the way cooonstantly bring him up it seems like you think he is Zidane

Disagree, but fair enough.

Leeroy1979

Don't know if I completely agree with that Luka modric is puny and he's not too bad.

Leeroy1979

Much Quicker and way more of a runner
I wasn't comparing him directly to Carzola. But he's not known for his pace. I was pointing out that he has no aspect of physicality where he stands out. But by god can he play. We need brains as well as brawn in the team to improve. But I agree we need both

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Not sure why people think Denis Suarez is slow. He's not outrunning Bellerin, but he's got pretty decent pace. During the 2016-17 season his top game speed was 32.18 kilometers per hour. Messi's was 32.27 kph. So he was basically right on Messi's shoulder and Messi has never been known as exactly a slowpoke.

Jackie_Treehorn

Player:Martinelli
Not sure why people think Denis Suarez is slow. He's not outrunning Bellerin, but he's got pretty decent pace. During the 2016-17 season his top game speed was 32.18 kilometers per hour. Messi's was 32.27 kph. So he was basically right on Messi's shoulder and Messi has never been known as exactly a slowpoke.
Yeah but can he do it on a cold night at St Mary’s Park or Turf Moor?;)

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

Agree and have said before. Why I didn’t want Seri. You don’t need to be 05 Chelsea but you need that physicality

One reason why I think Xhaka isn’t for us

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes

But has Messi ever een considered fast?

There is a difference in fast like Auba and fast like Messi

Quick is a better word for guys like Messi
And it is easier to be seenas quick in LaLiga...

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Agree and have said before. Why I didn’t want Seri. You don’t need to be 05 Chelsea but you need that physicality

One reason why I think Xhaka isn’t for us
Good that somebody sees the light

But I disagree on Xhaka
He does have size and strength and can be quite a hardman

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
I wasn't comparing him directly to Cazorla. But he's not known for his pace. I was pointing out that he has no aspect of physicality where he stands out. But by god can he play. We need brains as well as brawn in the team to improve. But I agree we need both

Didnt he run the most in the WC?

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent

I was all for letting Caz go last summer (purely because of his age and him likely wanting as much first team football as possible after so long out) but in hindsight it's looking like maybe we'd been better holding on to him for another season after spending two years nursing him back to health. Would've allowed us to move Ramsey on for a fee last summer as well. He's proving he's still capable and would've been ideal in a squad role. Torreira could have learnt a lot from him as well in terms of how to use his small size in this league to his advantage.

Xhaka not as bad as some make out but in terms of going from Cazorla to him it's like riding a jet ski on the open ocean (Cazorla) to slowly making your way on a canal in a barge (Xhaka). Both will get you from a to b but I know which is the more fun of the two to watch/experience.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
But has Messi ever een considered fast?

There is a difference in fast like Auba and fast like Messi

Quick is a better word for guys like Messi
And it is easier to be seenas quick in LaLiga...

Really? Kilometers per hour is the same whether you achieve it in Spain or England. And you don't think Messi is fast?

Besides, did I say Denis Suarez was going to outrun Aubameyang? No. In fact, I said he wasn't going to outrun Bellerin. But if you want to make it Aubameyang, fine. What I said was that Suarez isn't slow (as he's being portrayed by you and others in this thread). He's actually pretty fast. Xhaka is slow. Suarez is not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I cannot classify the moments of happiness and of sadness, but every defeat is a scar in your heart that you never forget.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom