• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Denis Suarez

Status
Not open for further replies.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Really? Kilometers per hour is the same whether you achieve it in Spain or England. And you don't think Messi is fast?

Besides, did I say Denis Suarez was going to outrun Aubameyang? No. In fact, I said he wasn't going to outrun Bellerin. But if you want to make it Aubameyang, fine. What I said was that Suarez isn't slow (as he's being portrayed by you and others in this thread). He's actually pretty fast. Xhaka is slow. Suarez is not.

Id rather get some one Who is actually fast

Not just quick

Acceleration is important and quick turns

But think words like fast should be reserved for Auba, Bellerin

Xhaka isnt The quickest but across the pitch he would probably suprise most People

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Id rather get some one Who is actually fast

Not just quick

Acceleration is important and quick turns

But think words like fast should be reserved for Auba, Bellerin

Xhaka isnt The quickest but across the pitch he would probably suprise most People

The problem with your argument is that you're arguing that clocked top running speed during a game is only quick and not fast. Top running speed does not measure quickness. It measures, quite literally, how fast you are. And since my original question was "why does everyone think Denis Suarez is slow?" then kilometers per hour are certainly relevant.

Let me try to help further put this into perspective. Rather than comparing Denis Suarez' 32.17 kph to Messi's 32.27 (or Bellerin's 34.99), let's compare (2016-17 clockings) Denis to some players who are actually slow:

Cesc Fabregas 28.73 kph
Olivier Giroud 29.19 kph
Mohamed Elneny 29.86 kph
Santi Cazorla 29.90 kph
Harry Maguire 29.91 kph
Memphis Depay 30.12 kph
Ilkay Gündoğan 30.15 kph

So, as you can clearly see, Denis is on the faster end of the scale, not the slower one. He's not slow. He is quick. But you can be both quick and fast. It's not mutually exclusive.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
The problem with your argument is that you're arguing that clocked top running speed during a game is only quick and not fast. Top running speed does not measure quickness. It measures, quite literally, how fast you are. And since my original question was "why does everyone think Denis Suarez is slow?" then kilometers per hour are certainly relevant.

Let me try to help further put this into perspective. Rather than comparing Denis Suarez' 32.17 kph to Messi's 32.27 (or Bellerin's 34.99), let's compare (2016-17 clockings) Denis to some players who are actually slow:

Cesc Fabregas 28.73 kph
Olivier Giroud 29.19 kph
Mohamed Elneny 29.86 kph
Santi Cazorla 29.90 kph
Harry Maguire 29.91 kph
Memphis Depay 30.12 kph
Ilkay Gündoğan 30.15 kph

So, as you can clearly see, Denis is on the faster end of the scale, not the slower one. He's not slow. He is quick. But you can be both quick and fast. It's not mutually exclusive.

Alright then good!

Never stood out to me watching him

As I said before being proven wrong is great and if he comes and is a succes its great. Not on the hypetrain thou, I rarely am

FinnGooner

Established Member
This has gone cold... Time for lock the thread and celebrations?

If we're trying to negotiate a loan with an option to buy, there's no reason to assume it will be wrapped any sooner than on the DL. Barca are probably in no hurry to give us a player without getting anything in return.

Leeroy1979

Just got in from work and a late meeting. Someone told me we had closed a deal. Imagine my disappointment when I checked online

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
This guys coming to us I believe and I want to be optimistic and say we will get YFC along with Benatia for Ramsey. Add in Doucoure please and this will be a great window for us!

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
This guys coming to us I believe and I want to be optimistic and say we will get YFC along with Benatia for Ramsey. Add in Doucoure please and this will be a great window for us!

Would be over the moon. Even if it meant losing Özil to get over the wage issue.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I think we will get the Suarez deal and I have a feeling benatia will end up with us as part of a deal that sees Ramsey go in Jan. Anything else and it'll be above my expectations
I think you're already above reality thinking we will sign both Saurez and Benatia tbh

RichWeath

Cesc Fabregas 28.73 kph
Olivier Giroud 29.19 kph
Mohamed Elneny 29.86 kph
Santi Cazorla 29.90 kph
Harry Maguire 29.91 kph
Memphis Depay 30.12 kph
Ilkay Gündoğan 30.15 kph

Top speed is irrelevant if it takes to long to get to that speed!

isop

I can understand Barca's perspective, this summer he'll be in the last year of his contract and his value will be even lower, but Arsenal should not be bullied into an obligation to buy loan.

If they don't accept an option to buy then move on; he seems ok but doesn't appear to be an indispensable player, with good scouting we should be able to find other loan options if that's all we can do till we get some wages off the books in the summer.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The most unsettling thing about this is would we be after him if we could afford to purchase someone outright?

I wouldn’t put it past the club to sign a player on a loan to buy deal when we don’t really want him long term.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The most unsettling thing about this is would we be after him if we could afford to purchase someone outright?

I wouldn’t put it past the club to sign a player on a loan to buy deal when we don’t really want him long term.

Or we could do a loan with an obligation to buy with Malcom, seeing as we ear marked him for an Alexis replacement.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Top speed is irrelevant if it takes to long to get to that speed!

Not that your comment is really in any way relevant to the conversation, but do you have some bit of evidence to indicate that it takes Denis Suarez too long to get to top speed? In fact, it would seem to contradict YeahBee's assertion that Suarez is quick but not fast. Quick would indicate that you get started, well...quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

In 1997/98 we became English champions as I had set myself three missions to carry out which I felt were essential. One: to have an impact on the result and the team's playing style. Two: to foster the player's individual development. Three: to strengthen the structure of the club and enhance its global influence.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom