• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Denis Suarez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
I can understand Barca's perspective, this summer he'll be in the last year of his contract and his value will be even lower, but Arsenal should not be bullied into an obligation to buy loan.

If they don't accept an option to buy then move on; he seems ok but doesn't appear to be an indispensable player, with good scouting we should be able to find other loan options if that's all we can do till we get some wages off the books in the summer.

Apparently Barcelona is actually in a similar position right now as Arsenal with their wage bill (highest in the world). It's why they are wanting to take Morata from Chelsea on loan. But they needed to move Munir to Sevilla and Denis to Arsenal. At least that's what they were saying on beIN Sports the other night.

isop

Apparently Barcelona is actually in a similar position right now as Arsenal with their wage bill (highest in the world). It's why they are wanting to take Morata from Chelsea on loan. But they needed to move Munir to Sevilla and Denis to Arsenal. At least that's what they were saying on beIN Sports the other night.

So another reason they need him to be a permanent sale. Interesting. We need to be really sure about him though if we are to buy him.

Aevi

Hale End FC
If this doesn't have Sven's stamp of approval, I'm not too thrilled. This has the making of another decent signing that isn't anything special. I think he's got quality, but whether he's capable of showing it consistently is another story.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

If this doesn't have Sven's stamp of approval, I'm not too thrilled. This has the making of another decent signing that isn't anything special. I think he's got quality, but whether he's capable of showing it consistently is another story.

I wondered why he’d be after Carrasco, that was baffling.

Not buzzing about this at all.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
I dont really get the 'glorified chief scout' bit... Is that not what he is qualified for & has experience in? Why expect such a promotion a year in?

Edu has been putting in the years in such a role. We lost a CEO above Sven & are looking to bring in a Sporting Director along side the finance guy.... To me makes sense.

blaze_of_glory

I dont really get the 'glorified chief scout' bit... Is that not what he is qualified for & has experience in? Why expect such a promotion a year in?

Edu has been putting in the years in such a role. We lost a CEO above Sven & are looking to bring in a Sporting Director along side the finance guy.... To me makes sense.
I'm obviously speculating, but it's possible he was given some assurance or at least indication that he'd be moved into the larger role, and now that that isn't happening and they are looking at other people he's a bit put out. But who knows?

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover

Suarez actually played for our coach, and did well under him. Now that same coach apparently wants him again, alongside Raul who was the guy who got Suarez to barca for a reason.
no one is saying Sven is against this, just that its Unai and Raul who are hot on him.

now tell me, 2 out of 3 guys want him, guys who either worked with him or watched him a lot before bringing him to this club called barcelona.

I find that enough to be positive about it

Last edited:

blaise

In Svens first interview after signing it was said he ll have much bigger saying in who will be brought in, not just identifying...basically main reason why he left Dortmund and came here.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Raul already doing bits. Rodriguez and Suarez in, Özil and Mislintat out. In with the latinos out with the krauts.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If you eat caviar everyday, it's difficult to return to sausages

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom