• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Didier Zakora

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingReyes

Established Member
Didier Zokora

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/story_p ... ort3.shtml

Its from the NOTW so there's nothing concrete but I wanted to ask if anyone knows anything about this guy. BrianFrance might know a thing or two.

For 10 million (if true) he must be pretty good, it says he's a midfielder. Are we talking something similar to Essien?

And if it does turn out to be true then he's ours for sure, St. Ettiene are our feeder club. :wink:

eddie_wills

he looks a lot like Essien.

3/4 defenders in the next few years if this goes through could be comprised of players from the Ivory Coast, imagine someone suggesting that 10 years ago. I certainly would be all for it if they all boast the committment, enthusiasm and strength of Kolo.

A

Anonymous

Wanted by Man U, Lyon, and was wanted by chelsea apparently.

sabret00the

Established Member
why are we bothering with this? why don't we just go for someone proven for once and for all? forget that extended climatising period which we're seeing Eboue go through, let's just make something happen, straight from the profile clubs of Europe to the middle of our park?

RM_09

i agree. i think we have some good youth players in our ranks. but we need to take action now. buy someone established. get them right in there. then once he and gilbeto start aging, we've got Cesc and Flamini to replace them

RM_09

if not him though, who else are we looking at? how many proven central midfielders are going to be sold? i think madrid are the only ****** who decided to sell Makalele. Gerrard, Lampard, etc. are all too valuable to their clubs to be sold. any one got ideas of someone we could possible look at?

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
If he is a guy who can play both DM and Cd I would love him as Sol and Berto is ageing and we don't have two good replacements for either of them, imaging Sol and Berto out for a while and Kolo, then we woulod have Cygan and Senderos as CD and Cesc and Flamini as CM with whom to cover for them?

I almost forgot Song didn't he play CD in preseason? Why haven't we seen more of him? Looks like a big talent playing alot for Bastia was it?

RM_09

he's just come in. RVP took a long time to adapt, but look at him now. just give him some time. AW brought him in, so he must be good..! :D

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Sabre, whoever is bought, accomplished or not, they will still have to acclimatise. I don't think there's a league in the wold like ours, nor a team in the world like ours.

brianfrance

Established Member
One of the best midfield player in the L1
Gifted, but he's not the machine essien is. An excellent addition to the squad IMO, not for 10M£ though
Deschamps is a big fan of the guy

asajoseph

Established Member
Gilberto's only just turned 29 last month. Sure, he's no spring chicken, but he's not going to be retiring any time soon...

RM_09

sure he wont. and i think Hleb is replacement enough for PV. Or maybe we do need someone more powerful. Hleb is sort of the player who needs to play between where Vieira played then, and Bergkamp plays now. we need either a tough replacement for vieira, or someone more effective than Hleb (lampard, gerrard types). i know there's a very very very small chance of either of them coming, but im tryin to make a point. we need someone to do for us what those 2 do for their clubs

Viper

Established Member
asajoseph said:
Gilberto's only just turned 29 last month. Sure, he's no spring chicken, but he's not going to be retiring any time soon...
Yeah. He has got atleast 3 years left.

RM_09

Vieira was a rarely used sub when we bought him from Milan. Maybe a half decent name like Didier Zakora is actually who we should be looking for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When I am asked why I stayed at Arsenal so long.. my answer is simple; I never wanted to be anywhere else. I could have earned a lot more elsewhere, but that wouldn't compensate for all the good years at Highbury.

David O'Leary
Top Bottom