• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Diego Costa

say yes

forum master baiter
Only skimmed the last page and missed those :lol:

ScotVieira said:
No big deal TBH. I dont really see him as a player that will fit very well into our system, although I concede he might be an upgrade on what we currently have.

Contender for post of the year tbh.

Caz19

Even Costa at his worst is Giroud+++.

Costa at his best is one of the world's best strikers. Very jelly if they get him for 32 million.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
There are strikers that would suit us better than Costa but to basically dismiss him is ridiculous. If they keep Hazard then the title race is going to be immense next season.

ScotVieira

Established Member
say yes said:

ScotVieira said:
No big deal TBH. I dont really see him as a player that will fit very well into our system, although I concede he might be an upgrade on what we currently have.

I bet you have a great opinion when Torress was moving to Chelsea.

D

Dial Square 1886

Penn_ said:
There are strikers that would suit us better than Costa but to basically dismiss him is ridiculous. If they keep Hazard then the title race is going to be immense next season.

Yep, it will be and we won't be in it!

say yes

forum master baiter
ScotVieira said:
say yes said:

ScotVieira said:

I bet you have a great opinion when Torress was moving to Chelsea.

I'm sorry but Costa is in a different league to Giroud. He's been the best player in an Atletico aside two matches away from winning the Champions League/La Liga. What is up with the bizarre overrating of some of our players over the last few weeks?

No idea what point you're trying to make with Torres, unless it's that 'anything can happen in football'. A nice post-modernist argument if you will but one that would also render every opinion on a signing's success completely pointless.

'Ooh I'm gutted City have signed Messi, he's going to be great for them.'
'I bet you have a great opinion when Torres was moving to Chelsea'

:roll:

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
blaze_of_glory said:
People are actually upset about this, now? Its been known for months he was going to Chelsea. Who cares?
Precisely my point. I mean, I think he's a great player and all, but I never saw us going for him and I wouldn't lose sleep if we didn't sign him. The Chelsea link has been ongoing since January.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

There was reports a while back that said we were sending scouts to watch him back in November/December and stopped after deciding he didn't have the attributes to fit into our system and to take us forward as a team.

Let's be honest we all know up front is something we've lacked for a while.... arguably since Fabregas, Nasri both left and we had Gervinho to replace Nasri and had to play Ramsey/Rosicky in the Fabregas role and it nullified RvP and Theo. Then we lost RvP despite getting in Poldi and Cazorla. So since 2011 our attack has been seriously lacking whether that's in creativity or more recently in terms of goals. Wenger is not just going to jump in and sign a striker for the sake of it, it needs to be one who fits into our system best..... and that goes for other potential strikers who may be linked to in the future, but miss out on/choose not to pursue.

Anzac

Established Member
Tir Na Nog said:
There was reports a while back that said we were sending scouts to watch him back in November/December and stopped after deciding he didn't have the attributes to fit into our system and to take us forward as a team.

Let's be honest we all know up front is something we've lacked for a while.... arguably since Fabregas, Nasri both left and we had Gervinho to replace Nasri and had to play Ramsey/Rosicky in the Fabregas role and it nullified RvP and Theo. Then we lost RvP despite getting in Poldi and Cazorla. So since 2011 our attack has been seriously lacking whether that's in creativity or more recently in terms of goals. Wenger is not just going to jump in and sign a striker for the sake of it, it needs to be one who fits into our system best..... and that goes for other potential strikers who may be linked to in the future, but miss out on/choose not to pursue.

IMO that's become a major part of our ongoing issues, that 'the system' is flawed in that it requires specific types of players and roles operating at their optimum to be fully effective.
The 2nd part of the 'issues' relates to AW's squad ideology and his reluctance to rotate (chicken v egg??), as we then lack the depth in those key areas as seen this season when the likes of Walcott, Rambo & Özil have been injured. IMO we still lack a genuine top class WB to balance the WF/SS, and the CMD position still needs sorting.

In response to this IMO AW should look to do 1 of 2 things, either:
a - spend the money to buy players who are horses for courses both in terms of the starting team and/or squad;
b - change the system to better accommodate the player types we have and whom are more readily available.

However I have no doubt that he'll stay strong to his beliefs and will look to maintain the status quo, and we'll see the corresponding levels of performance and capability each season.

Arsenal Quotes

I tried to watch the Sp*rs match on television in my hotel yesterday, but I fell asleep.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom