• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Diego Costa

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

<a class="postlink" href="http://metro.co.uk/2014/02/06/arsenal-eye-lukasz-piszczek-lars-bender-and-jackson-martinez-in-80m-spending-spree-4292718/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://metro.co.uk/2014/02/06/arsenal-e ... e-4292718/</a>

Apparently Martinez, Bender and Piszczek are the targets according to the Metro. Either way seems both papers have us after a right back, a centre mid and a striker.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Wasn't Martinez really expensive and has only been at Bayern a couple of seasons?

Unlikely target.

Lakersgooner24

Established Member
DanDare said:
Wasn't Martinez really expensive and has only been at Bayern a couple of seasons?

Unlikely target.
They're talking about Jackson Martinez, the striker from Porto, not Javi Martinez the midfielder from Bayern. We have no chance of getting Javi Martinez.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
They are talking about Jackson Martinez from Porto, not the Bayern midfielder.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

jones said:
They are talking about Jackson Martinez from Porto, not the Bayern midfielder.

Ahh that makes sense then, he's grossly overpriced....

Id take Javi Martinez in a heartbeat, I heard he's been under utilised by Pep? If there's any truth to that we should be all over it.

Lakersgooner24

Established Member
dka91 said:
Ahh that makes sense then, he's grossly overpriced....

Id take Javi Martinez in a heartbeat, I heard he's been under utilised by Pep? If there's any truth to that we should be all over it.
He's been injured a bit this season but I think Pep is still figuring out how to fit him into the team whether it is in CB or in midfield. I would take him in a heartbeat as well, but can't see Bayern selling him so soon after making him the most expensive transfer in Bundesliga history and having played an integral part in their success.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/arsenal-transfer-news-diego-costa-3492158" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... ta-3492158</a>

Not really a great link based on what it actually says in the article, nothing more than we're interested and we'll make a move if the CHelsea move for him stalls.

Tir Na Nog

I wonder how he'll do in defensive midfield for Mourinho....

Was never a huge fan... he would have been "better than nothing" but I'm optimistic.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
i think costa was signed with Chelsea a month ago. 32M is steal in today market for a player like Costa but god knows how much wages chelsea offer him maybe 200k-250k.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
This deal was done ages ago I think. Makes sense for Chelsea, he's the kind of striker who would thrive in Mourinho's system. It won't be that different from Athletico, although will be interesting to see how Costa does.

As for him coming here, I was never as enthusiastic as others. I think we need a slightly different kind of striker to Costa personally. Like Tir Na Gog, I think this would have been "better than nothing" so to speak. As such, I'm not too bothered that we haven't signed him.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
i had a zero hopes Diego Costa will sign with us even if we activate his 32m release clause cuz Chelsea Man City will offer him big wages.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
yousif_arsenal said:
i had a zero hopes Diego Costa will sign with us even if we activate his 32m release clause because Chelsea Man City will offer him big wages.

I heard a rumor that Wenger doesn't get on with his agent Jorge Mendes?

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Would have loved him here, but we were never going to get him anyway with Chelsea interested.

Better than nothing would be Drmic, Batsuhayi, Berbatov, etc. Not ****ing Diego Costa! :lol:

Tir Na Nog

Ah yes multiple balon dor winner, doing it for several seasons, super quick, super skillful.... Diego Costa... how silly of me.

Arsenal Quotes

Play for the name on the front of the shirt and they’ll remember the name on the back.

Tony Adams

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom