• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Diego Forlán

gunnertilldeath

Established Member
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.goal.com/NewsDetail.aspx?idNews=96797&progr=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.goal.com/NewsDetail.aspx?idN ... 97&progr=1</a>

i'd love it if he came and succeeded cos that would show just what an idiot the redfaced **** managing united is. its just a rumour though.

Asterix

Established Member
While I'd always jump at the chance to make Fergie look (even more of) a goose, if this signing happens I'll do something very silly (nudity not involved).

Mark

Established Member
He can't hack it in the Prem. Not worth the risk, even though making Fergie look like a prat would be immensely satisfying.

Ratinho

Established Member
I assume we all think Henry would be shambolic in Serie A if he went there then, right? Anyway, that's not the point..........

I suspect it's not easy to play in a side dominated by creating chances for one striker, and having anything good you do ignored because of your failure to score immediately at a big club. Had they done that with Andy Cole, they'd have been slightly worse off imo. One season of being rotated, never having a real run, and in a side that created chances for one player, does not make a bad footballer.

And no, I don't even think we should go for Forlan. Wouldn't consider it, at least not until he's scored 15+ goals in La Liga again this season.

Diego... What? I don't think he's the quality Henry wanted though. He may have done well last season but I doubt he is capable of doing it in the Premiership.

Sounds like we have a new fest to celebrate - October's Fool.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
I think Forlan's a top quality striker. He was never given much of a chance at United. He has proved his quality at Villarreal.

asajoseph

Established Member
He had a few good games at Utd, but generally, even in the chances he did get, he was pretty awful. Sure, some strikers need time in the team before they can start making an impact, so it doesn't mean that he's awful if he failed at Utd. But it certainly isn't a great sign. And having Riquelme play just behind him probably helped a lot - we don't have anything like that creativity in our midfield at the moment.

I'm very wary of strikers who have one big season when I've seen nothing from them in the past - players like James Beattie, Michael Ricketts, Kevin Phillips are all decent players who have had a year or two of brilliance, but certainly nothing to write home about in the long term. Just because a striker has a fancy foreign name, doesn't really mean that he's any better or worse in terms of quality than these guys. So no, if I was Henry I can't imagine he'd be very impressed with the signing of Diego Forlan, Dimitar Berbetov, or half the other strikers we've been linked with recently. Torres is a name that keeps coming up, on the board and in the papers, and truth be told it's the name I've set my heart on.

nidza7

Established Member
asajoseph said:
. And having Riquelme play just behind him probably helped a lot - we don't have anything like that creativity in our midfield at the moment.

Arsenal could benefit Riquelme creativity more than Forlan strikes IMO.

dev_atdi

He's playing with the right players at Villareal, the right blend. Everything's going for him. It didn't at United. I'm not sure it would at Arsenal....not worth the gamble.

Tegh

Established Member
Dear Wenger, please don't.

Alright there's a chance he could be a hit, but I really would rather see us spending money on someone more established.

maradonad2g

how does he know we were watching him could have been watching a team mate of us werent we linked with senna as well from villareal I dont think wenger has gone crazy enough to buy forlan

Arsenal Quotes

In a football match anything can happen, the players, 90 minutes, fantastic moves, an element of luck, talent, courage, and touch of magic and, for those who are watching these men play, the search for excitement, for a memory, for a lesson in life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom