• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Diego Milito

Allyboy

Established Member
Paddy from Sweden said:
The consistant slagging off of the clubs board is ridiculous and in some ways partly hilarious. WE have no idea what is going on behind the curtains so for so many to slag them off for something that can't be stated as fact is quite funny. And in a way stupid. :roll:

I agree totally with that, the number of our fans who think our board is a bunch of wankers and that the only way Arsenal can be great is for Dein and Kroneke to come in is ridiculous frankly.

Im not going to drag another thread into that debate, but the fact that so many of our fans have an irrational hatred towards our three main shareholders on the board who are all Arsenal fans is very disheartening. Combine that with the fact that Peter Hill-Wood who is basically an old man who has lived this club for 80 years and is no more than a figurehead chairman with no actual power yet gets abuse too, its all very depressing.

regele

Established Member
Allyboy said:
Paddy from Sweden said:
The consistant slagging off of the clubs board is ridiculous and in some ways partly hilarious. WE have no idea what is going on behind the curtains so for so many to slag them off for something that can't be stated as fact is quite funny. And in a way stupid. :roll:

I agree totally with that, the number of our fans who think our board is a bunch of wankers and that the only way Arsenal can be great is for Dein and Kroneke to come in is ridiculous frankly.

Im not going to drag another thread into that debate, but the fact that so many of our fans have an irrational hatred towards our three main shareholders on the board who are all Arsenal fans is very disheartening. Combine that with the fact that Peter Hill-Wood who is basically an old man who has lived this club for 80 years and is no more than a figurehead chairman with no actual power yet gets abuse too, its all very depressing.
What's depressing is that people see a link from some rag like the sun or something and then start running their mouths, take the replies from this thread, nobody from the board said we had 40 mil to spend, only that Wenger has money available in case he wants to spend them, the 40 mil wich will be used to guarantee our transfers is also a number brought out by the mirror or something, the club haven't mentioned the value of the loan, just that there is one and that it's more of a formality so that other clubs aren't reluctant to deal with us fearing that we won't be able to pay. Then you have the rumour from the sun that Wenger has convinced Eto'o to join the club, but the board won't give him money, wich is beyond ridiculous for a number of reasons.

Allyboy

Established Member
regele said:
Allyboy said:
Paddy from Sweden said:

What's depressing is that people see a link from some rag like the sun or something and then start running their mouths, take the replies from this thread, nobody from the board said we had 40 mil to spend, only that Wenger has money available in case he wants to spend them, the 40 mil wich will be used to guarantee our transfers is also a number brought out by the mirror or something, the club haven't mentioned the value of the loan, just that there is one and that it's more of a formality so that other clubs aren't reluctant to deal with us fearing that we won't be able to pay. Then you have the rumour from the sun that Wenger has convinced Eto'o to join the club, but the board won't give him money, wich is beyond ridiculous for a number of reasons.

Yup agree totally with that too. Nobody knows for sure what is going on behind the scenes, a few people on here have probably heard versions of what happened when Dein left and/or transfer targets from "sources" but even they are not iron clad.

Speculation is fine but slagging off people at our club when there are very few concrete facts is just plain odd.

morpho

Established Member
Allyboy said:
regele said:
Allyboy said:
Paddy from Sweden said:

Yup agree totally with that too. Nobody knows for sure what is going on behind the scenes, a few people on here have probably heard versions of what happened when Dein left and/or transfer targets from "sources" but even they are not iron clad.

Speculation is fine but slagging off people at our club when there are very few concrete facts is just plain odd.

im not sure how the other fans in other clubs are but if half of them is as negative as half of the mania gooners im pretty concerned... people choose who to belive, but how this forum has evolved to be so nagative is beyond me. Everybody read carefully these post above me before even concidering posting further... please...

gunnertilldeath

Established Member
Milito is a very good striker. more ruud than Henry though. he's the kind of forward that we havent had in a long time. loves playing inside the box and plays on the shoulder of the last defender. definitely not a second striker. i'd have eto'o (obviously the better player) and Torres (younger, incredible potential) over Milito. i really think AW should just demand that we get Eto'o as part of any deal that sends Henry to Barca, even if it means parting with a fat chunk of cash in the process. Eto'o is worth it.

I do agree about the negativity here. for **** sake, the window is still very very young. the ****ing spanish league didnt end until today!! i felt a bit nervous after united pulled off three big transfers so quickly after winnng the league but lets get realistic here. there is alot of time between us and the new season so stay positive and realistic. the wheeling and dealing begins now.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
negativity is fine with me. that shows me that those people are thoroughly concerned about the club. its just because they fear it might turn out bad therefore the negativity.

its right that some are depressed because dein left. many of us underestimate the impact of dein when he leave. seriously our board is in all kind of troubles(we don't know yet though). unless we solve this, plus wenger's and henry's future, then we can be assured.

back to the topic, we are not a club that must sell before we receive. its whether we have the cash or wenger willing to spend not.

Mostarac

Established Member
Too late for that, Gabriel Milito is off to Juventus. Diego Milito is quality, just look at his scoring record in one of the best leagues in the world. Speaks for itself in a way. Like Artillero said, its still unclear if Zaragoza own him 100% though, so any interested clubs must probably talk to both Zaragoza and Genoa who are rumoured to own 50% of him.

M+D

Established Member
http://www.elperiodicodearagon.com/noti ... kid=332854

This says that Villareal and Valencia are interested in signing Milito, but the interesting part is that according to the article Milito's agent already has an official proposal in his hands from an English club that could well be from Arsenal. It says that Chelsea are also interested, but would have to sell Schevchenko first, while Liverpool would prefer Fernando Torres.
It also says that Zaragoza are scared that they might end up angering their fans by selling both Milito's this summer, as they are already resigned to losing brother Gaby to Juve this summer. Apparently Zaragoza want to incrrease the amount Diego Milito is on in order to keep him at the club, by offering him an equal contract to the one his brother is on and one of the highest wages at the club behind Aimar's.

Grampus_Eight

I don't think Wenger would be too interested in paying a significant fee for a 28 year old who might need a year to adjust to the league before he gets to his best.

I've always been really impressed with him and he seems to have a great habit of scoring in big matches though.

But, I think he's Liverpool's second choice if the Torres thing doesn't work out.

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
this is one hectic summer thats for sure, its like a game of chess....someones just waiting for someone to make the first move and then its all going to pop off

23AndreyArshavin

Established Member
ARSENAL and Tottenham are in a £5million race to sign Inter Milan striker Diego Milito.

The Argentinian hitman has bagged 27 goals in 53 appearances for the Nerazzurri, keeping up a fine goalscoring record he started at Racing Club, Real Zaragoza and Genoa.

Now the Italian club's poor season, plus Milito's desire to play in the Premier League, have put the North London rivals on red alert.

His choice could depend on whether Sp**s make it back into the Champions League next season.

He is determined to play in Europe's top competition again after Inter's failure to defend their crown this campaign.

Arsenal are almost certain to be there again but Sp**s' presence hangs in the balance as they battle Manchester City for fourth spot in the Premier League.

Milito scored twice in Inter's 2-0 triumph over Bayern Munch in the 2009 final.

Tottenham are expected to part company with Russian forward Roman Pavlyuchenko this summer, while Arsenal desperately want to pair Robin van Persie with another sharp-shooter to avoid a repeat of lost opportunities this term.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...-Sp**s-to-fight-it-out-over-Diego-Milito.html

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

For £5 million? I'd be happy with this happening. Better than Bendtner and Chamakh in my opinion and knows where the net is. How old is he now? 30/31? Suppose we'd get a couple of season out of him and if he puts the ball in the back of the net then id be happy.

Two things though:

a) Hasn't he been injured for most of this season? Could do without another injury prone player (not sure on his injury record though).

b) It's The Sun.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
He wasn't injured a lot during early season, but the "great mind of Rafa" decided to bench him by playing some weird formations and as result his form had suffered. After Leonardo took over, he hit some form but was injured afterwards.

I'd be very happy if we can get him for only 5m. He knows where the goal is and he is a hard worker, so I don't think the quick PL pace would affect him a lot.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Apparently both him and Forlan will be available this summer. Either would be a great signing but can't see it. Millito = A Chamakh who scores goals!

Arsenal Quotes

I always wanted to play in English football and Arsenal and Highbury IS English football to me.

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom