• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Diego

asajoseph

Established Member
I remember when Diego was first being talked about, as he and Robinho were just breaking through in Brazil together.

The two attracted a lot of attention and hype very early on, and Diego was always supposed to be the slightly more talented. However, quite soon, he also developed a reputation for struggling under the pressure that came with fame, and disliking the time he spent away from home.

Obviously, after a couple of years in Germany, he must have come a long way since then, and if he can keep his head there, after the troubles he's had in the past, he could become a bargain waiting to happen for someone to sign him. As for not being a 'winger'? Well, Arsène Wenger's been signing central midfielders to play on the wings for a while, so I'm not sure to rule it out just because of this - if he has exceptional technique, and a strong team ethic, you can almost be sure he'll be somewhere on Wenger's radar.

thegame24

Established Member
ahhh i called this but only sign him with a winger to, like robinho or yes you guessed it QUARESMA (sue me).

Bergy_1995

Diego would be an excellent signing. He'd slot in perfectly. A goalscoring midfielder is very important if you want to win titles, as Cristiano Ronaldo has proved.... and Rosicky just doesn't stay out of the treatment room enough.

That goal he scored against Rangers was awesome, saw it earlier on Eurosport round-up.

tam1886

Established Member
Belter of a goal. However he was quiet and very much out of the game in the first leg. Is he the type of player to have good games and bad games often, or is he consistently good?

I think having him would be a great squad addition. I'd like to strengthen the squad, but with players who can challenge the existing first team players for a place. I think, from the little I've seen on him, that he would push Hleb and Rosicky for a first team place, and that can only benefit the team. It keeps whoever is in the team on their toes but at the same time gives us a great option off the bench or for rotating.

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
bluenaz said:
Great player but i don't know where he would fit in the team.

I do!! In the starting eleven Imo

Having him in a top european team would only make them stronger and improve his overall game, with rosicky out and all hell definetly start.. Nice to hear arteta statig his ambitions again and if he was to leave everton and stay here, I can only see him coming to us..Man u dont eed him nor chelsea, he would never do the dirty on the toffees and go down the road so it only leaves us

Been very impressed Diegos games for brazil at the emirates

When we operate a 4-5-1 in europe, hes the perfect player to play behid ade

As again, positive signs to hear weve been following up a player of his calibur rather than some next youngster.....Arsène knows this summer is very important to the club and more his reputation himself, we need to deliver a trophy either this or next year

Bring in players early so they can settle in, we shouldnt waste time thinking and speculating, lets just see what the manager does...Lets see how serious he is

Kaizenbury

Diego would fit on the left-side of the midfield, and that is If Hleb chooses to leave. Even then, Diego is too light-weight for him to handle the hatchet-men here. Bundesliga is no touch-and-fall league, but still EPL is a notch above in the physicality index, and I doubt whether he'll be able to survive. Atleast, If he had the stocky, stout physique like Tevez has, he would stand a chance, but he doesnt seem like that too.

Would definitely end up at some Spanish Club or Italian Club.

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
Why sell hleb? I know he complained about henry scaring the players, so your thinking well see a different hleb next year which isnt the current case but the last few years weve just sold big names and replaced them with a quality player
Hleb in general is a fantastic player and if we had more quality back up, he would of gotten much more rest

Again the managers fault, this summer we need to increase strength in numbers...Diego has Arsenal written all over him. Real simply dont need him as they have sneijder
We cant let another player of such high quality thats AVAILABLE slip through our hands

Our boys showed they can mount a challenge this year and that Arsenal is BACK!!
The money is there so lets see if Arsène does the business because the pressures now not on the players who answered all the critics wrong this year but now on Arsène himself

_scorpion_

Established Member
He would operate on the wing, even though he is not a conventional winger. He is a typical kind of AM that Arsène would be interested in - apart from the price.

Personally, I don't see it happening at all.

Dez

Similar role as Hleb now... He could play in 4-5-1 Hleb on the right, him in the centre, Rosicky on the left. Though that would raise questions of balance.

Agent **** anyway... its all about getting a big lot of money for Diego either way...

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

He is quality, I would def. take him.
With Eduardo out for a while- and Wenger probably not looking to get another striker, we would probably play a lot of 4-5-1 and Diego would surely fit into that. If anything, he could easily slot in for Cesc- and Hleb would be used exclusively on the wings.

True Gooner

Established Member
Ive heard lots of good things about Diego and all though the price is a turn off, Im sure one day Wenger will actually pay a high price for something he really wants. And Wenger does seem to be interested in players from the German league nowdays

I have a few questions though

1 - How quick is he?
2 - Is he consistent?
3 - Does he have a good engine/work rate
4 - Is he a strong player?

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
1 - How quick is he?
around rvp standard.

2 - Is he consistent?
consistent enough to influence matches week in week out

3 - Does he have a good engine/work rate?
not flamini mould, but acceptable around walcott.

4 - Is he a strong player?
physically enough for epl

number_0

Established Member
Not sure he is the solution to our problem, but diego will improve us significantly, i would love him here playing in the hole.
no chance i reckon but we have to make a big money signing in the mould of torres or teves if we were ever to win anything

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
I have the luxury of watching the Bundesliga on every Friday, thanks to my cable network, and I've seen a little bit of Diego in action.

He's an attacking midfielder, who loves popping here and there in the midfield as well as moving into the flanks.

A bit like Hleb in that sense, minus the cutting-ins.

And his goal-scoring records aren't that bad either, I think he has more than 7 under his belt this season, albeit it's in the Bundesliga so to say.

stiiphunn

Established Member
There isn't much to say about him tbh. All you need to know is that he's an exceptional player. I would love him with us.

But sounds like agent talks unfortunatly.

Arsenal Quotes

As far as i'm concerned, Tony Adams is the effing Empire State Building

Ian Wright

Latest posts

Top Bottom