• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Different nationalities’ Arsenal XI

Which pair would you prefer?

• Total voters

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
I went with the Vieira / VP combo in my team but you can easily make a case the other way.

I think one of the more interesting dilemmas is around the dutch players. I really rate VP because I remember him having a lot of Bergkamp's technical quality and creativity but with more output and pace. Sort of had in mind that this was a bit of a fringe view on AM though, so a little surprised to see Van Persie making several lineups (obviously to accommodate Vieira essentially).

People don't seem to be viewing Bergkamp as a loan CF though and see him more of a Shadow Striker or AM. That was my take as well, but then thinking back he did play as a more conventional CF earlier in his career and for Holland and has a in pretty similar goals per game ratio to VP. Also got 103 goals in 185 games for Ajax. I think on reflection I'd probably sub a prime Bergkamp in for VP (as long as there are no flights involved!!)

This is probably heresy, but the other possible lineup - upgrade is the left wing position. Ljungberg was a great player but Marc Overmars was more devastating with his incredible pace. If you go for Henry & Sanchez as the other forwards, with Özil or Cazorla in front of Gilberto & Fabregas you've got a lightweight but incredibly technical midfield. Wenger would be in heaven 😍

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
A lot of people in this thread forgetting how outrageously good Bergkamp was. When Henry has been interviewed and they ask him who the best player he played with is, he has said Bergkamp above Messi, Eto'o, Xavi, Iniesta etc.

You could argue that this is because he played with a prime Bergkamp and not with a prime Messi, Xavi or Iniesta but it tells you a lot about just how good Bergkamp was. Utterly world class on his day.

Andrew Cole Linighan

Player:Saka
1) Seaman. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
2) Tomiyasu. 🇯🇵
3) Morrow. 🇬🇬
4) Fabregas. 🇪🇦
5) O' Leary. 🇮🇪
6) Gabriel. 🇧🇷
7) Pires. 🇫🇷
8) Podolski. 🇩🇪
9) Dickov. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
10) Hartson. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
11) Limpar. 🇸🇪

Arsenal Quotes

When I am asked why I stayed at Arsenal so long.. my answer is simple; I never wanted to be anywhere else. I could have earned a lot more elsewhere, but that wouldn't compensate for all the good years at Highbury.

David O'Leary

Latest posts

Top Bottom