• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Do we want or need our loan players back?

r_blair2

To this I say yes. I think to get Gio and Pennant back would be great. They are both very good players and both playing well whilst away on loan.

Pennant is superb. Everytime hes on the ball he looks very well balanced and very fast. His distribution of the ball is very very accurate which would be a bonus when in the arsenal team.

Would he get a game in the arsenal team?

I've always said put Pires in the middle and play Freddie (LW) and Pennant (RW) on the wings. This midfield is very attacking and therefore would score / create a lot of goals.

Gio is another player who I really like. In my view he isn't a left back. He should be playing in centre midfield where he played so well for rangers. His vision and passing ability, long and short range is world class. He also has one f**ker of a left foot when it comes to shooting. He could be a very important player if he got his shot in the arsenal team.

Would he get a game in the arsenal team?

Very unlikely when Edu, Gilberto and Parlour and, in my prefered line-up, Pires are all up for a place to be Vieira's central midfield partner. I only see him getting in the team if a few of those players were injured. Maybe if he gets his chance he could be a permanent name in the starting line-up.

One name I forgot to mention - Franny Jeffers. Nah he can stay at Everton. Not good enough for arsenal. He knew himself when he lashed out in the Community Shield that he wasn't good enough. That kick was all down to fustration.

Gooner83

I agree that Gio and Pennant are good enough for the first team, i would prefer Gio playing centre midfield but he would have to displace Gilberto first... we could do with another DMC for competition.

I would let Edu go, hes not been capped yet and seems quite stiff looking the way he holds himself.

The way Arsenal play, i don't think Pires would suit being in the middle because they attack from the wings and the two DMC hold.

Pennant would probably get a game when Freddie is injured on the right.

Parlour is not a first team player for me, hes getting on a bit but hes good cover.

Totally agree about Jeffers, im sad for him because hes not the player he was and no one wants him now, if he had stayed at Everton he would have always been first choice.. now hes a bench player for the team he scored bags for.

D.Dappa

i want to see GvB back at Highbury and given a chance, but not till next season, and Pennant to come back when Freddie is given a breather.

Mark

Established Member
the only player i want to see back from loan is pennant, as i think freddie and pires will need resting for some games and we need them to be fully fit towards the end of the season. the bigger the squad the better. van bronckhorst however can bring in good money and as he isnt really needed i hope we sell him.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Deffo want pennant, preferably in time for the run in & fa cup....gio I like, but it depends what we can get for him..if barca want to let wenger resurrect the career of someone like saviola, i'd live with that! As for Jeffers, i can't imagine that we'd get much cash for him, and we will be light up front next year with DB10 retiring (in all probability) and likely one of jkanu & wiltord off....jeffers also is still remarkably young, so does have an upside assuming he can stay fit....

laolu

well, i actually won't mind all 3 back. if they were here, we'll have less trouble for the game against boro

titi

I don't see reason to take any of them back. They are not good enough to get in the first team so maybe it is better to sell them and reinvest the money in areas of need.

Mark

Established Member
taking them back wouldn't be a bad idea though really. van bronckhorst in particular is such a useful squad player as he can play left back, left midfield or central midfield. we do need a bigger squad although i really hope we get rid of jeffers and replace him with someone decent.

lewdikris

Established Member
We have the biggest squad in the premiership (surprising fact, but true).

Gio's no use to us.

Pennant WILL come back later in the season - primed for the run in.

satan_beckham

i want pennant back,but surely not jeffers,rather see bentley than jeffers,as for gio dont think he has the desire to play for us anymore

Chips&CurrySauce

The only player I'd like to see back is Pennat and maybe Svard.

The trouble with Gio is that he's a good all round player but he is neither great in central midfield or left back and he is not happy being a squad player.

marhes26

Edu!! let him go!!! no way!!.Edu is top man and is miles better then Gilberto,and have you ever heard him moan about not being a regular in the side?? no.Edu is the new Fonzi from happy days!! hey man cool!!

jc8gooner

Main article in this months afc magazine is about the great edu (The Brazilian Elvis). He is such a dude. Go to his website @ www.edu17.com.br Its in Portuguese, but there are some photos and stuff there to look at. If you click on the Union Jack flag though, send an email to him. If they get enough emails they are definitely going to have it translated into English. Edu is a very good player and a good bloke to boot.

Jinn

Established Member
Ha, yeah Edu's playing well.

He tackles, passes and scores deflected goals! What a star.

kanuuu

Established Member
i want to see jermaine back, i prefer him on the right to freddie, freddie seems to disapear form games too easily and i think the only thing he has that jermaine doesnt is scoring frequently, and at the moment hes not even doin that, only 3 or 4 goals in the premiership so far.

jc8gooner

Freddie has four prem goals and two Champs League goals. For me, that's not too bad. He had one brilliant run in 2001/2002 which virtually won us the double. He just couldn't stop scoring. That has raised expectations so much now. Everyone expects him to score as many as Pires. He has changed as a player but not necessarily for the worst just cos he doesn't score as much. He is stronger in possession now, a better ball carrier and a more hard working grafter. Tjis is not a bad thing. You cannot have flair players throughout the team.
Also you must remember that when Freddie went on THAT scoring run, he was filling in for Pires on the left side. Bergkamp was on top form at the time with his passes. Their understanding was superb. One might argue that Freddie was playing a different role then, a freer role like Pires plays and did play in 2001/2002. Therefore more goals.

Arsenal Quotes

My first ever football memory was Charlie George's double winning goal in 71. After that game; I just became an Arsenal fan.

Paul Davis
Top Bottom