• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Eddie Nket14h: Answering The 📞 From England

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
It's not an argument. I'm merely saying that regardless of if he plays for Ghana or England he will still fetch a decent fee if sold.
I didn't talk about fees, I only mentioned his playing for Ghana in case someone didn't know it. Macho's right you're extremely argumentative.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I didn't talk about fees, I only mentioned his playing for Ghana in case someone didn't know it. Macho's right you're extremely argumentative.
My reason for talking about him being English is because young English/British/home grown players usually command bigger fees when being sold.

So extending a young player like above is seen as less risk as a non home grown one as its usually easier to sell.

You are one telling people that English under 21 top goalscorer who was born in England and lived his whole life there isn't English because he wants to use the nationality of his grandparents or whatever to play in the world Cup.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
My reason for talking about him being English is because young English/British/home grown players usually command bigger fees when being sold.

So extending a young player like above is seen as less risk as a non home grown one as its usually easier to sell.
You said all of that before and I told you I didn't mention any of it, I only said he'll play for Ghana in the future.

You should seek help mate, not even insulting you you seem pathologically irascible. People could ask you what time it is and you'd start a debate.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Ornstein saying that Jesus and Eddie are the priority for this summer, per @Yousif Arsenal on the general transfer thread.

Not really feeling it, hope we bring in a LW who can score goals.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

Ornstein saying that Jesus and Eddie are the priority for this summer, per @Yousif Arsenal on the general transfer thread.

Not really feeling it, hope we bring in a LW who can score goals.
Eddie in his last few games finally looked like the player Arteta had been backing and insisting he rates all along, makes sense to bet on him.

Doubts about his quality are fair to an extent, but he's certainly got the legs and the lungs to do what Arteta wants atleast.

Since Jesus can play both flanks I'd be more inclined to sign a towering #9 to further cement our set piece prowess and add some convincing hold up play into the mix, rather than another winger/false 9, but that's just me.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
You said all of that before and I told you I didn't mention any of it, I only said he'll play for Ghana in the future.

You should seek help mate, not even insulting you you seem pathologically irascible. People could ask you what time it is and you'd start a debate.
And you should seek help also. You're memory seems to be failing you.

You said "he's Ghanian". Not that he would play for Ghana.

When people make incorrect statements to something I posted I like to clarify what I mean or correct them. If that's argumentative so be it.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Eddie in his last few games finally looked like the player Arteta had been backing and insisting he rates all along, makes sense to bet on him.

Doubts about his quality are fair to an extent, but he's certainly got the legs and the lungs to do what Arteta wants atleast.

Since Jesus can play both flanks I'd be more inclined to sign a towering #9 to further cement our set piece prowess and add some convincing hold up play into the mix, rather than another winger/false 9, but that's just me.

Do t get me wrong, I would still love to sign a plan b type of striker. But think that has sailed with Eddie's extension.

Think Nketiah has had good cameos from the bench since the turn of the year and did well enough when states for what he can realistic bring to the table right now with the time he was given.

Not his fault we had to solely rely on him for the CL bottling and he never hid.

I just don't see us hrjning another cf, neither does Ornstein for whatever that's worth. So I rather we bring someone to bench Martinelli and who's less patchy.

A more experienced winger, maybe.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

I just don't see us hrjning another cf, neither does Ornstein for whatever that's worth. So I rather we bring someone to bench Martinelli and who's less patchy.
I dunno, we've been courting big guys for so long and we actually went out of our way to try and get Vlahovic and Tammy I wouldn't be surprised if that's still the plan.

I feel like the false 9 was more adaption to what Arteta had instead of the way he actually wants to play. Also, note that Ornstein or the Athletic pointed out that Eddie gives Arteta the option to play 2 upfront.

I'd be surprised if our main signing upfront isn't a big man in the mould of DCL or something who seemed to be in the running until his injury woes/form.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I suppose Jesus gives you the flexibility of signing either another winger or striker. Sell him the dream of being our main striker and then bring in a target man as the “no.2”, but once the season gets going stick Jesus on the left and the target man down the middle. Eddie will still be the no.2 and Jesus would just have to suck it up. It might put his nose out of joint but that all depends on if Jesus really does want to be a striker or just wants to play every week.

scytheavatar

Established Member
What did he do? Did he run Sp**s ragged or newcastle? Sure you can pick out parts where he has played well. But like many others in this team in key moments and games they dont perform. He is not good enough to lead the line for arsenal, if he is a backup then i pray our lead striker doesnt get injured.

Did Saka, Martinelli or Ødegaard run Sp**s ragged or Newcastle? Should all these players be sold?

Tomb Bombadil

Good we signed him on. Can invest money in other positions, he's HG and we can sell him.

Only thing is the relativly high salary but with Auba and Lacazette going we still will safe a fair amount.

gamechannel

My main issue, aside from the ridiculous wage for a player who's done **** all, is that this doesn't jive with the system Arteta wants to play. He likes crosses into the box so we need strikers that are dominant in the air especially in the last few mins of a close/tied game where hail marry crosses are sent into the box with the hopes of someone latching onto those. Eddie is not that guy. So even as a supersub, his profile doesn't match how Arteta wants to play.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
People keep talking about ridiculous wages. I would like to know how it compares to the 2nd/3rd striker on a top 6 EPL team.

Nketiah is not going to get us top 4. So the key is still bring in a top striker, which I do not have faith in club management. But that's not Nketiah's fault is it.
Minamino is about 6th choice at Liverpool and is on 60k.

OSBK

Established Member
Did Saka, Martinelli or Ødegaard run Sp**s ragged or Newcastle? Should all these players be sold?
The question is this. Next season when we play the top teams will eddie, saka, martinelli or Ødegaard be games changers. We have seen enough to know 3 out of those 4 are capable.

gamechannel

The question is this. Next season when we play the top teams will eddie, saka, martinelli or Ødegaard be games changers. We have seen enough to know 3 out of those 4 are capable.
None of these guys are game changers. Not yet at least. Marinelli, Saka and to an extent, Ødegaard are good players that can collectively influence the outcome of a game but they're not on their own game changers who can win you games on their own or by themselves. We need to, as a fan base, collectly put the pipe down and stop massively over-rating our young stars.

OSBK

Established Member
What was he meant to do against Sp**s when after 25 mins or so we were down to 10 men and after that we never attacked.

Newcastle he wasn't great but no player can be good every game and as a striker you heavily rely on those behind you. The play starts back to front.

We will have to see if Eddie's form at the end of the season was something more than a purple patch and luck (Chelsea and Leeds goals even though his pressing made them to a degree). Wouldn't write him off yet mind.
You see mate this is the problem. We are going into next season with a striker who is either gonna rock the prem or stink it out. Its not about writing him off at all, this season showed we havent got the players to get 4th spot. We have to be brutal, but if its a money thing i will accept.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
You see mate this is the problem. We are going into next season with a striker who is either gonna rock the prem or stink it out. Its not about writing him off at all, this season showed we havent got the players to get 4th spot. We have to be brutal, but if its a money thing i will accept.
Or he could make a half decent contribution being a 2nd striker and maybe get 10 league goals and 3 or 4 assists. Add that to the goals he will get in cup and he could contribute 20 goals/assists in all competitions which for a 2nd/3rd choice striker isn't bad.

It doesn't have to be all or nothing.

Last edited:

OSBK

Established Member
Or he could make a half decent contribution being a 2nd striker and maybe get 10 league goals and 3 or 4 assists. Add that to the goals he will get in cup and he could contribute 20 goals/assists in all competitions which for a 2nd/3rd choice striker isn't bad.

It doesn't have to be all or nothing.
I do get your point and i hope he does that, i have nothing personal against the kid. I hope what we will have will be enough, it will be a brutal PL next season.

Arsenal Quotes

The biggest things in life have been achieved by people who, at the start, we would have judged crazy. And yet if they had not had these crazy ideas the world would have been more stupid.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom