• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Eddie Nket14h: Answering The 📞 From England

Mudi

Sell him in the summer and buy Tooney. We can't have him and try to compete in the league and CL.

Mudi

For the last couple of games you can see why we miss Jesus, even if he's not the biggest goal threat.

People don't understand why Martinelli has dropped in performance but there is a huge correlation with drop of Martinellis performance and Jesus injury. Jesus makes his winger play better football because he can receive the ball and turn immediately towards the goal. With pacy wingers such as Martinelli, that's super dangerous.

Eddie turn is like a circle with a radius of 10 meter which makes it very easy for defenders to organize.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
For the last couple of games you can see why we miss Jesus, even if he's not the biggest goal threat.
Jesus makes every player in the attack better. Martinelli is better. Xhaka is better. Ødegaard is better, Saka is better. Even when he's not on the scoresheet he's opening space, he's pressing like a demon, he's linking play, he's providing the final ball. He's like what Firmino was in his prime for Liverpool, just the glue that holds the attack together and allows everyone to operate at their best because they can get into positions that suit them.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
People don't understand why Martinelli has dropped in performance but there is a huge correlation with drop of Martinellis performance and Jesus injury.
People do understand that, but I can't understand why Arteta insists on him if it's not working atm

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Yeah that's right, it's all Eddie's fault.

It's his fault that we couldn't break down Brentford, his fault we conceded the sloppy goal, his fault that we lacked ideas in terms of trying to create chances.

Suuuuuuuureeeee.

I'm taking notes;

giphy.gif

Catch you on the other side when he scores the winner against Sh*tty, you cantankerous pimples!

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
He might actually score or do well vs city. His problem is games like today when teams park the bus.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Rough couple of games for Eddie, now has work to do to claw back some momentum before the inevitable return of Jesus. Think he's just trying a bit too hard to find spaces to score instead of finding pockets to help the team progress - can see the small but fundamental differences between him and Jesus' style of play where Eddie can do a half decent imitation but ultimately his most comfortable mode is looking for the goals. Just needs to think a little less selfishly to standout more.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Any striker would have a problem scoring when there is 10 people in the penalty box. Problem is that he is not nearly as good as Gabriel Jebus when not scoring

Mudi

Any striker would have a problem scoring when there is 10 people in the penalty box. Problem is that he is not nearly as good as Gabriel Jebus when not scoring
Haaland would have scored a hattrick today.

Brentford was happy to let us cross as they knew we would not be dangerous.

We should have played with a proper LB instead a converted LB

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I've told myself that he's saving himself for a midweek tap-in hat trick. He's not my type of striker for the present time but the manager could adjust his tactics to get the best out of him. That being said, I wonder of the player has any room for improvement. He needs to channel the spirit of the 14 shirt starting vs City.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Play him in system that can suit him most teams in league they'll defend deep against us specially at home he growing frustrated because this role is very difficult for him. I cant fault his effort but until he master the hold up play and dribble past players consistently this role very difficult for him

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Play him in system that can suit him most teams in league they'll defend deep against us specially at home he growing frustrated because this role is very difficult for him. I cant fault his effort but until he master the hold up play and dribble past players consistently this role very difficult for him
He's not a dribbler. He does the same thing Martinelli does when he gets the ball facing goal with even less guile and far less pace and while he's still very young, you either are or aren't a dribbler at this stage. He's not going to become one. I don't blame him though. The manager has got to tweak things to compensate for the less talented deputy's limitations. Arsène would never have asked Kanu or Wiltord to perform the same role that Henry did, the team played differently with those players deputizing for him. It's clear that with Nketiah not as capable of dragging defenders with him or linking play as Jesus is, the movement has to come from other players which is why it's crazy that Trossard isn't starting every match. It's also clear that Xhaka and Nketiah together is disastrous because that's 2 players who you don't have to worry about taking you on or creating anything meaning you're free to double up on Saka and Martinelli without penalty.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
He's not a dribbler. He does the same thing Martinelli does when he gets the ball facing goal with even less guile and far less pace and while he's still very young, you either are or aren't a dribbler at this stage. He's not going to become one. I don't blame him though. The manager has got to tweak things to compensate for the less talented deputy's limitations. Arsène would never have asked Kanu or Wiltord to perform the same role that Henry did, the team played differently with those players deputizing for him. It's clear that with Nketiah not as capable of dragging defenders with him or linking play as Jesus is, the movement has to come from other players which is why it's crazy that Trossard isn't starting every match. It's also clear that Xhaka and Nketiah together is disastrous because that's 2 players who you don't have to worry about taking you on or creating anything meaning you're free to double up on Saka and Martinelli without penalty.
Yes this is what my issue with mikel look so much into one based system only if it doesn't work we struggle a tactical master as him he easily should know eddie without being in box he won't affect games just easy to defend against

Bloodbather

Established Member

Worst performance in the entire team today. Just shocking. Bad decisions, bad touches, bad passes, bad shots galore.

We need him to gain his focus back before Jesus comes back. This isn't going to get it done. He has shown his ability to make simple passing connections, needs to go back to it instead of trying to take players on and stuff.

Pop Tart

Established Member
Not good enough, there's a reason he couldn't displace Bamford when he went on loan to Leeds
that was 3 years ago mate. he is only 23. I agree he is not the main man for us but to say he should of been starting above bamford back then is nonsense

Legend14

Established Member
Just another match where its critical that he have some impact somewhere on the pitch. He is inconsistent in this regard which is why he is designated as a backup striker.

That said, we have to keep supporting him because he is the only striker we have. Lets hope he earns that position.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
The exceeding of expectations this season (something which good performances by Eddie have contributed too) are being used against him.

Wasn't great, but Arteta could tweak the system slightly to try and suit his style more instead of trying to get h to play like a poor version of Jesus.

Hopefully he bangs in another late winner v a Manchester club soon, just to take the pressure from him.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
The combination of Eddie and Martinelli is killing us atm. One of them starts as a CF and Trossard should play LW, at least that should be the setup until Jesus returns.

I think Eddie will start scoring again with Trossard on the pitch, we need to create more for him

Arsenal Quotes

When I am asked why I stayed at Arsenal so long.. my answer is simple; I never wanted to be anywhere else. I could have earned a lot more elsewhere, but that wouldn't compensate for all the good years at Highbury.

David O'Leary

Latest posts

Top Bottom