• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Eddie Nket14h: Answering The 📞 From England

D

Deleted member 102404

The annoying thing with rewriting history is how Arteta always rated him. He had him all of last season and he was behind Auba and Laca. One Auba leaves Laca takes over and he has to play real bad for long time for nketiah to get a chance. With Auba and Laca leaving the club didn’t wanna buy a whole new strike force and they thought extended him was cheaper. That’s the only reason he got new deal and now we have a player not good enough on 100k

No, he got the new deal because when he was called upon he came in and scored goals - more than either Laca or Aubameyang could. Fact is he should have replaced Aubameyang and Lacazette much earlier last season. It was a mistake that Arteta has admitted to.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

No, he got the new deal because when he was called upon he came in and scored goals - more than either Laca or Aubameyang could. Fact is he should have replaced Aubameyang and Lacazette much earlier last season. It was a mistake that Arteta has admitted to.
5 in 21. Auba in his worst form ever had 4 in 14 for us before he was banished. He is not a PL level striker.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
The annoying thing with rewriting history is how Arteta always rated him. He had him all of last season and he was behind Auba and Laca. One Auba leaves Laca takes over and he has to play real bad for long time for nketiah to get a chance. With Auba and Laca leaving the club didn’t wanna buy a whole new strike force and they thought extended him was cheaper. That’s the only reason he got new deal and now we have a player not good enough on 100k
Yup this. He had a purple patch when we needed him to have one, but reality is he is sub the level we need.

Missing 4th fcked our plans for the summer market, so we extended Eddie & Mo. Easy internal solutions. Eddie probably couldn't believe his luck but he should have walked. It's just not gonna work for him here cos he'll never be 1st choice in games that really matter unless we are forced to play him. He is a squaddie, & not a very good one tbh.

Arteta obviously rates him to a point, but Eddie hasn't really given him much of a return so far this season. I'm still convinced Arteta will persist with him because hes a stubborn man & wont want to undermine the faith he showed Eddie.

It will be to the clubs detriment I'm afraid.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Can't say I've always rated him. But the reactions I've seen here because he played poorly is over the top imo. You'd think he just cost us the NLD reading some posts here. Like I've said before, I think it was a mistake on both side extending his contract last summer.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Can't say I've always rated him. But the reactions I've seen here because he played poorly is over the top imo. You'd think he just cost us the NLD reading some posts here. Like I've said before, I think it was a mistake on both side extending his contract last summer.
Outside of money it was poor choice for his career. We were talking about a lot end of the season when he could secure smaller pl team with his purple path. But he bottled the chance to make a real name for himself. He will spend 2 more years here and move to lower level than he would in the summer

D

Deleted member 102404

5 in 21. Auba in his worst form ever had 4 in 14 for us before he was banished. He is not a PL level striker.

5 in 8 when he actually claimed the starting spot.
The rest were minutes here and there.
His actual record in the PL is a goal every 2.5 games - which includes having to get minutes here and there over many seasons. We've only seen him as a starter once and he was an improvement last season on both Aubameyang and Lacazette.

Really like Nketiah's game. Scores goals and works for the team. I have little doubt he'll score at a decent rate for us whilst Jesus is out. Far less doubt than I have in a new player coming in.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Yup this. He had a purple patch when we needed him to have one, but reality is he is sub the level we need.

Missing 4th fcked our plans for the summer market, so we extended Eddie & Mo. Easy internal solutions. Eddie probably couldn't believe his luck but he should have walked. It's just not gonna work for him here cos he'll never be 1st choice in games that really matter unless we are forced to play him. He is a squaddie, & not a very good one tbh.

Arteta obviously rates him to a point, but Eddie hasn't really given him much of a return so far this season. I'm still convinced Arteta will persist with him because hes a stubborn man & wont want to undermine the faith he showed Eddie.

It will be to the clubs detriment I'm afraid.
Brewster went for 26 million euros (and I remember him having some kind of buyback clause? Which would make it even more expensive..) in summer 2020.

You always have to reflect the wage after contract is ending, the player will always earn more then, in signing-bonus and wages.

Also contrasting the market value vs. the contract wage per week + all the bonuses. If you let go or sign a player for free again.

Considering the market value even without last season's Arsenal goals, Brewster has only 1 goal for England U21 while Nketiah has 16. Strikers don't mature early usually, so Nketiah is surely over 30 million euros player currently. But at least 20 million with a long contract.

D

Deleted member 102404

Nketiahs goals and assists - often ignored as if he never scored any goals.

All in little more than a season of minutes.
Another 3 goals since too.

His misses are always focused on however.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Brewster went for 26 million euros (and I remember him having some kind of buyback clause? Which would make it even more expensive..) in summer 2020.

You always have to reflect the wage after contract is ending, the player will always earn more then, in signing-bonus and wages.

Also contrasting the market value vs. the contract wage per week + all the bonuses. If you let go or sign a player for free again.

Considering the market value even without last season's Arsenal goals, Brewster has only 1 goal for England U21 while Nketiah has 16. Strikers don't mature early usually, so Nketiah is surely over 30 million euros player currently. But at least 20 million with a long contract.
Strikers don’t mature by not playing either. The reason young players improve is by playing time. This guy ain’t gonna play unless Jesus is injured. So one more month and hopefully we don’t have to see him. The idea by sitting on the bench until he is 25 and suddenly be good enough for Arsenal is laughable

D

Deleted member 102404

Strikers don’t mature by not playing either. The reason young players improve is by playing time. This guy ain’t gonna play unless Jesus is injured. So one more month and hopefully we don’t have to see him. The idea by sitting on the bench until he is 25 and suddenly be good enough for Arsenal is laughable

Jesus is injured.
Nketiah will start and last time he did he scored gaols.
Rather than hoping you don't have to see him again, I would have thought you'd be hoping he keeps Jesus out of the team because he's scoring for fun.
Never a good idea to start hating on a player to the extent you hope they fail.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member

Sorry, is there a point to all this ?

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Sorry, is there a point to all this ?
Just explaining why the club made the decision to get Jesus for cheap with the promise of being the clear 1st striker.

And Nketiah to extend, who is currently like a 20-30 million striker, and how that wasn't as bad deal as often suggested.

Didn't look like Arsenal had funds to spend when they bid 25 million pounds for Douglas Luiz in the last day of the window, and stopped at that.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Just explaining why the club made the decision to get Jesus for cheap with the promise of being the clear 1st striker.

And Nketiah to extend, who is currently like a 20-30 million striker, and how that wasn't as bad deal as often suggested.

Didn't look like Arsenal had funds to spend when they bid 25 million pounds for Douglas Luiz in the last day of the window, and stopped at that.
Brewster scored 11 goals in the championship as 19 year old. Someone gambled on him. Nketiah failed in his loan to the championship. No one ever made an actual bid for nketiah even with his record for England youngsters. And to say he is 20-30 million striker is purely based on nationality because for 30 million you can get much better striker in Europe. Gouire went to Rennes for 25 million

Morning_woody

The Juventus, Milan and Lyon games are an indicator of what you can expect from Eddie. He scored against Lyon and played well but had some anonymous performances in the next two games. We saw it kinda last season too - scores 2 against Leeds and played poorly in the next 2 games against S***s and Newcastle.

Where are assists, goals and decisive passes going to come from when Eddie has such games ?

There is a possibility that Eddie steps up and wins player of the month every month until the end of the season helping us winning the league, but it would be naive to count on it and a gamble of everything we have done so far.

The mistake was made last summer when we extended his contract - and it's a weird one - thinking how Arteta prefers versatile players and Eddie pretty much can only play CF, he is poverty as a wide player.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Still runs in straight lines to beat his man, which is always a sign of a limited player. He doesn't live for football, it's a job for him and that's why there is no progress in his game. No flair, no imagination, and no skill in his game. Another robot who will score a few goals here and there but definitely not something we need, and after watching Jesus for months, I can't force myself to watch players like Nketiah again.

Not sure what's gonna happen with Balogun, but at least there is a spark in his game

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Unless results match pre WC, Eddie's gonna be even more of a whipping boy. They're just gearing up.

Even the Arteta guys are like lets wait and see first. The guys nitpicking these friendly outings are people who can't imagine this team without Jesus but the guy wasn't scoring anyways.

It's a team game and whilst the levels admittedly drop without Jesus this hyper focus on individuals I've never got it.

We've seen this attitude when Martinez took over Leno after his Brighton injury now look at him, maybe Nketiah steps up and looks better with more of the starting 11 around him?

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
Even the Arteta guys are like lets wait and see first. The guys nitpicking these friendly outings are people who can't imagine this team without Jesus but the guy wasn't scoring anyways.

It's a team game and whilst the levels admittedly drop without Jesus this hyper focus on individuals I've never got it.

We've seen this attitude when Martinez took over Leno after his Brighton injury now look at him, maybe Nketiah steps up and looks better with more of the starting 11 around him?
I don’t understand all the complaining about Eddie seeing as he’s had no consistent minutes. The real question mark is if Jesus is durable or not, 45m plus 260k is a big investment in a player, need them to be able to play the majority of the season.

Arsenal Quotes

A football team is like a beautiful woman. When you do not tell her, she forgets she is beautiful.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom