• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edgar Davids

Status
Not open for further replies.

thegame24

Established Member
But see thats why i dont understand why we sold vieira!!#

We could use his services till fabregas and flamini mature. now we are linked to davids for that ****ing reason!

WHATS GOING ON!

Nisty

vieira left because wenger wanted to cash in on him.. obviously he wanted to get something out of him while he was still able.. maybe he knows something we don't.. anyway - davids would be perfect, i really concur with the other statements.. as stop gap until song, fabregas and flamini has matured (or we get diarra or jenas)..

its certainly exciting..

thegame24

Established Member
Davids aint as he used to be and it doesnt look like weve cashed in on anything cause weve got nobody and i dont think wenger is planning to get anybody in that position.

end of the day we are now a weaker team and a weaker squad than last season.

Ratinho

Established Member
No, no no.

Talk about a step back, has he even played in the last year?

I'd rather buy Parlour back ffs. :roll:

A

Anonymous

Davids, alongside Ronaldinho, were the two main reasons of the recent revoloution at Barcelona. Davids has been one of the greatest players in the past decade of european football. It would be an absolute pleasure if arsenal signed him.He can play till 2007 no problem, and hopefully by then Song can take his place.Hes definately got 2 years of top football in him. And another good thing is that hes very hungry for success, as hes hasnt won a title or trophy in about 5 years, and wants to end his carer on a high as well.Plus an added motivation for him is to get into the dutch squad for World Cup. So he will be highly motivated, and im sure a good signing.His experience will help our yougnsters as well, and may kick Henry up the ass when needed as well. Plus hes won the champions league in 95 with ajax, so could give us some tips on how to succed in europe. Finally, his game is ideal for the premiership,tough tacker, competive, skillfull, great vision, hes like a rich mans Alonso.In fact i think hes a taylor made arsenal player.If only we got him 5 years ago.I would far as say Davids at his peak was better than Vieria at his peak. Anyone agree?

Canuck

Established Member
Agree that he's better than Dacourt but still would only be stop-gap solution in MF> Probably would only be on 1 yr deal I would hope and not too expensive regardless of past achievements. I've been an admirer of Davids for many years and it would be interesting to see if he does come, what he can offer us.

We're going to be linked with all of these aging MF's in the media I think . Unless Wenger signs someone like Diarra this week then the rumblings of Arsenal in for x and Arsenal in for y will continue. It's all speculation on the part of the press.

arsenal4life

I hope we get him
he's a stop gap for sure
but a good stop gap

he's better than Makelele
and younger by month :)

if Makelele can do a good job with chelski
i'm sure the bulldog can do the better with us for two years at least

arsenal4life

thegame24 said:
i do think hes good but not better than vieira

if we need a f****g stop gap just keep vieira

THE FACT IS
VIEIRA IS NOT HERE

what the hell are we going to do
the world won't stop sfter Vieira
stop crying on spilled milk

arsenal4life

Vieira wanted to go and his heart was away from Arsenal
he's looking for CL and anyteam will bring it to him

so we couldn't hold him more

asajoseph

Established Member
Today Arsène hinted that Julio Baptista, rated at 50/50, was possibly the only target we have left. Given that we were chasing him before Vieira was sold, and he may or may not come, I think it's pretty dishonest of the club to promise us that the money from the sale would be re-invested, whilst Paddy is replaced by an even older, even more over the hill player like Dacourt or Davids. Where's that cash going? Was it earmarked for Baptista all along? Or are the club just going to pocket it and pretend we're saving it whilst spending it on the new stadium?

Sorry, I'm feeling a little irrationally pissed off today, after all, I missed the detonations by a hair's breadth. Tell me I'm over-reacting, and I'll cool down and apologise later. Right now though, I'm not in a good mood.

AFCFan4Ever

I'm not mad at all, Wenger said from the start that he wanted to add two world class players, it's obvious that Hleb and Baptista is who he was referring to. I firmly believe the money from the Vieira sale and whatever else we have is going into trying to bring Baptista here, if it happens and we also but Song I think we've done just fine.

thegame24

Established Member
I think your right to be pissed off.

im usually very optimistic with arsenal but we are playing around like muppets.

We were linked to batista 2 weeks ago and since then we have only upped our offer by 1 ****ing million. im also starting to wonder wether we sold vieira just to get baptista. we could have had baptista time ago had we just upped our offer the day after like chelsea do, but now hes deciding to stay.

i find it hard to blame wenger cause i like him a lot and hes just an un hateble person. i reckon its our board thats ****ed everything up including the sale of vieira. if vieira really wanted to leave he would have last year and if wenger really wanted to sell him he wouldnt have played him so often

thegame24

Established Member
didnt wenger say he wanted 2 world class plyers and keep VIEIRA, henry and the rest of his team.

so one is gone, and hleb (is he really world class)

so this means we should still be bringing in 3.

Chips&CurrySauce

Please not Davids... Isn't he 33 now?? He is way past his best.. What made him a great player was his tremendous energy and combativness but at 33 (as Roy Keane has discovered), you just don't have the legs to play in central midfield at the same level... And on top of this he is soo arrogant with a massive ego with history for causing trouble... This would be a step back as far as I'm concerned and I'd rather sign a youngster than Davids!!!

Ratinho

Established Member
thegame24 said:
didnt wenger say he wanted 2 world class plyers and keep VIEIRA, henry and the rest of his team.

so one is gone, and hleb (is he really world class)

so this means we should still be bringing in 3.

Yep, football management works on a purely mathematical equation basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When we won the league at Tottenham, they came back 2-2 in the last-minute of the game, and they're celebrating - because they're happy to draw against us, obviously. And I remember saying to Mauricio Tarricco who injured himself celebrating in front of me: "Do you realise we only need a point to be Champions?" And he was utterly shocked. So I said "Yes. Now watch as we're going to celebrate on your pitch. Bye bye!"

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom