• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

edu affirms his intentions to stay

Henry IV

I hope Edu stays. He's a great player and he is very good at tipping the balance in our favour with important goals and contributions.

A

Anonymous

I cant for the life of me understand why you all like Edu so much. Sure he is a nice guy, but a very ordinary footballer in my opinion.

Give me the choice of 6 million or Edu and id take the money every time.

But each to their own.

Arnie

VaVaVoom said:
Top Bloke, Top Midfielder, Rubbish taste in music. He Likes Whitney Houston :shock:

Whitney is a heroine who likes heroine, but how can you not like hr voice.

A

Anonymous

Arnie said:
but how can you not like hr voice.

so true :D she has a great voice ...

for some reason edu has really grown on me in the past couple of seasons ive grown to luv him :D one of my fave players close with toure and cole :D his willingness to be back up mainly is fantastic :D he must really be enjoying his football here and im happy for him :D big pay rise is calling i think :D

nnaife

Sol said:
I cant for the life of me understand why you all like Edu so much. Sure he is a nice guy, but a very ordinary footballer in my opinion.

But each to their own.

Lol He isnt ordinary Sol, and he works exceptionally hard for the team. His interplay, vision and weighted passes are excellent. He's always positive, never ducks his head in submission and has had to fight his way into the arguably best first 11 in the country.

He's now a Brazilian international which will do his confidence a world of good and he has the likes of Barcelona knocking on the door enquirying about his services.

Sol please take another hard look at Edu this season he's quality.

kel varnsen

Established Member
Sol said:

But each to their own.

haha, no offence, but you're either a ***** or not a gooner...

edu is pure class; nuff said!

tox

Edu has a very cultured foot, but his overall game isn't amazing, a great player to have on our team, but im not sure if hes good enough to rely on in the bigger matches.

Mark

Established Member
Edu may not be a typical Brazilian flair player but he really works hard and that's what I like to see. He was our best player at times last season, and as for this speculation - it's rubbish. He will sign a new contract at the start of the season, when he gets back from his break.

tox

Scottish Lass said:
celta vigo wasnt a big match no?

Fair enough, but that was one game. Don't get me wrong Edu is class, im just not sure if hes got the all round game to hold his position next to vieira in center midfield.

kel varnsen

Established Member
tox said:
Scottish Lass said:

Fair enough, but that was one game. Don't get me wrong Edu is class, im just not sure if hes got the all round game to hold his position next to vieira in center midfield.

inter game at san siro?

A

Anonymous

tox said:
Scottish Lass said:

edu plays much better in bigger games than he does in little games .. seena few little games where hes done a few silly mistakes .. but the goals against celta vigo and his performance in the san siro made up for all the little things he done.. general hes an all round good player, i understand what u mean though u dont think hes good enough to partner vieira in midfield- but thats each to their own and i think he is :eek:

quattro

celta - 2 goals
chelsea - scored 2 times against them in the league
inter - ok it was garbage time but he still scored
liverpool - directly responsible for the euqalizer (hyppia og)

and thats just in scoring which really isn't his job.

edu is class.

Mark

Established Member
It's true that he sometimes performs better in the bigger games, apart from the FA Cup semi final against the Mancs. He was very impressive last season and got us some crucial goals. There's no doubt about that.

Arsenal Quotes

My first ever football memory was Charlie George's double winning goal in 71. After that game; I just became an Arsenal fan.

Paul Davis

Latest posts

Top Bottom