• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu Gaspar

say yes

forum master baiter
Fans thinking their club is the only club who ‘struggle’ to sign their targets = something that will never change in football.

Go read what opposition fans think of their own negotiating teams I beg. While you’re doing that, maybe read about how jealous they are of our transfer business over the last few years.

Chelsea are not the norm; they are ****s.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Fans thinking their club is the only club who ‘struggle’ to sign their targets = something that will never change in football.

If by “struggle” you mean perform below average, then 50% of those fans are correct…

What other fans think should not impact an objective analysis. Neither should what our own fans think…

db10_therza

Trusted ⭐

Yeah, but you're not interested in those, so can ignore them. They all very likely have good explanations.
That’s the whole point we’re making right. That we cant pull off deals unless there are no mitigating circumstances… that’s not an ideal situation to be in.

If a player isn’t sure about coming- whose job is it to convince them?

If the asking price is too high, who’s job is it to try and negotiate it down?

If their board doesn’t want to sell to us, whose job is it to convince them? We can joke all we want, but Boehly taking Shakhtar on a night out and making them feel special was probably a big factor. It’s also how almost every big deal happens in the corporate world…

If after doing everything possible on those points, the transfer fails because it is simply out of our budget, then you can hold your hands up and say fair enough. Then we can have a separate discussion about the board and the owners etc. Even in this case though, if we continuously have valuations that are below the minimum asking price, then I’d also ask the question: who’s job is it to predict the price point at which a club would consider selling a player?

db10_therza

Trusted ⭐

Also I’m sick and tired of everyone talking about what our transfer teams have done the last few years etc etc. this is for you @say yes and @drippin

Idk how many times this needs to be said. We have been amazing in the transfer windows. Hats off and all. What we are saying is that now that the avengers have been assembled, we need a whole new dynamic going forwards. It’s uncharted territory. We simply do not know what awaits us. Being nervous about that is absolutely fkn logical. No idea why that triggers you guys so much.

say yes

forum master baiter
Also I’m sick and tired of everyone talking about what our transfer teams have done the last few years etc etc. this is for you @say yes and @drippin

Idk how many times this needs to be said. We have been amazing in the transfer windows. Hats off and all. What we are saying is that now that the avengers have been assembled, we need a whole new dynamic going forwards. It’s uncharted territory. We simply do not know what awaits us. Being nervous about that is absolutely fkn logical. No idea why that triggers you guys so much.
How am I triggered?

I’ve barely contributed to this debate.

Would prefer to ignore the transfer muppetry completely but for some reason you’re spamming the Arteta thread with your essays about Edu.

db10_therza

Trusted ⭐

How am I triggered?

I’ve barely contributed to this debate.

Would prefer to ignore the transfer muppetry completely but for some reason you’re spamming the Arteta thread with your essays about Edu.

This is fair. I’m not sure how we ended up here…

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I came reading this thread and saw a Trusted member saying Edu should be sacked next summer. That's what "triggered" me.

It's totally ridiculous, there's not much more stupid thing you could do. It's similar to me as to saying Arteta should have been sacked for finishing 5th last year by 2 points, with the trajectory that he had achieved.

db10_therza

Trusted ⭐

I came reading this thread and saw a Trusted member saying Edu should be sacked next summer. That's what "triggered" me.

It's totally ridiculous, there's not much more stupid thing you could do. It's similar to me as to saying Arteta should have been sacked for finishing 5th last year by 2 points.

I’m sure the trusted member was saying, or at least meant to say, that he should be sacked in the summer IF we fail with our top targets. And I’d agree.

It’s no shade on what Edu has accomplished so far, he’s done great. But going forwards we need a new strategy, it’s a few headline signings and not squad building. If Edu can’t deliver on that, then as heartless as it is, man needs to be given his p45 as he’s come to the end of his usefulness to this project.

drippin

That’s the whole point we’re making right. That we cant pull off deals unless there are no mitigating circumstances… that’s not an ideal situation to be in.

If a player isn’t sure about coming- whose job is it to convince them?

If the asking price is too high, who’s job is it to try and negotiate it down?

If their board doesn’t want to sell to us, whose job is it to convince them? We can joke all we want, but Boehly taking Shakhtar on a night out and making them feel special was probably a big factor. It’s also how almost every big deal happens in the corporate world…

If after doing everything possible on those points, the transfer fails because it is simply out of our budget, then you can hold your hands up and say fair enough. Then we can have a separate discussion about the board and the owners etc. Even in this case though, if we continuously have valuations that are below the minimum asking price, then I’d also ask the question: who’s job is it to predict the price point at which a club would consider selling a player?
You can't use Vlahovic or Raphinha as an example for this. They wanted Juventus and Barcelona. So there are not many big fee transfers that can be blamed on Edu.

And can't, or won't pull of deals? You earlier said that we don't know the role of the board in this. Boehly will get deals, because he pays over the top. That is bad for FFP.

Both Mudryk and Caicedo wanted to come, Edu convinced them.

If you look at Arsenal's business over the years, there are no surprises here.

Arteta very likely has similar plan as City. Don't overpay, get the players that really want to join. That is much easier next year with UCL, or especially with the title. But being 2nd will also be a huge attraction as you're a title challenger next year.

drippin

I’m sure the trusted member was saying, or at least meant to say, that he should be sacked in the summer IF we fail with our top targets. And I’d agree.

It’s no shade on what Edu has accomplished so far, he’s done great. But going forwards we need a new strategy, it’s a few headline signings and not squad building. If Edu can’t deliver on that, then as heartless as it is, man needs to be given his p45 as he’s come to the end of his usefulness to this project.
I will stop this debate now. You have your fears, and you can keep them.

I will say you will be surprised next summer. You can bookmark this.

db10_therza

Trusted ⭐

You can't use Vlahovic or Raphinha as an example for this. They wanted Juventus and Barcelona. So there are not many big fee transfers that can be blamed on Edu.

And can't, or won't pull of deals? You earlier said that we don't know the role of the board in this. Boehly will get deals, because he pays over the top. That is bad for FFP.

Both Mudryk and Caicedo wanted to come, Edu convinced them.

If you look at Arsenal's business over the years, there are no surprises here.

Arteta very likely has similar plan as City. Don't overpay, get the players that really want to join. That is much easier next year with UCL, or especially with the title. But being 2nd will also be a huge attraction as you're a title challenger next year.

Yeah, like I said there’s no evidence to convincingly argue that he can’t pull off a big signing. There’s also no evidence to convincingly argue he can. Hence… let’s see what happens this summer…

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice

It's totally ridiculous, there's not much more stupid thing you could do. It's similar to me as to saying Arteta should have been sacked for finishing 5th last year by 2 points, with the trajectory that he had achieved.

Tbf I actually said I would sack him now :lol:

Some of you guys act like the clubs PR branch, I don't get it. Everything they do is right.

We're doing very well at the moment from a football perspective. We're top of the table but there are still a few players I'd kick out and replace given the chance because I don't think they're good enough or there are better options for where we want to be. I don't feel bad about saying it either. I feel the same about Edu.

You guys would find a way to justify giving Elneny an extension or keeping Cedric if the club did it :lol:

I want the club to be ruthless. That's how you get right to the top.

drippin

Tbf I actually said I would sack him now :lol:

Some of you guys act like the clubs PR branch, I don't get it. Everything they do is right.

We're doing very well at the moment from a football perspective. We're top of the table but there are still a few players I'd kick out and replace given the chance because I don't think they're good enough or there are better options for where we want to be. I don't feel bad about saying it either. I feel the same about Edu.

You guys would find a way to justify giving Elneny an extension or keeping Cedric if the club did it :lol:

I want the club to be ruthless. That's how you get right to the top.
Well most of what you say is in your imagination. I have said that the club needs to be ruthless now, and suggested some squad lists with future transfers that many say "can't happen at Arsenal, too good/much depth".

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Well most of what you say is in your imagination. I have said that the club needs to be ruthless now, and suggested some squad lists that many say "can't happen at Arsenal".

Well Edu is going to be here in the summer and he's going to have to get Rice or whatever big money signing we go for over the line.

So I guess we'll see how he does.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

People's entire criticism of Edu is basically We arent madrid and buys the currently hyped up kid from the WC. Or the player was cheap so it's not difficult.

Imagine getting the quality of the players we have for the prices we have, and say they are doing a bad job. Getting elite players for low prices under the radar.

Paying 120 mil for mudryk could just be "Not worth it". Paying 100 mil for Caceido could also be NOT worth it. If people here could decide we would pay 150 mil for Mudryk "Amazingly done Edu" "look at our muscles"

Arsenal Quotes

In a football match anything can happen, the players, 90 minutes, fantastic moves, an element of luck, talent, courage, and touch of magic and, for those who are watching these men play, the search for excitement, for a memory, for a lesson in life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom