• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Eduardo (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

thegame24

Established Member
<a class="postlink" href="http://bleacherreport.com/articles/377256-lyon-gearing-up-to-sign-arsenal-striker-eduardo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://bleacherreport.com/articles/3772 ... er-eduardo</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Would be a good move for him, still in the big time plus can get his form back.

Swap for lloris?

outlaw_member

Established Member
Re: Eduardo to Lyon

I doubt any swap deal would be possibly but it's interesting news, nonetheless. I did wonder whether there would be many suitors for him, provided he was available. Lyon isn't actually a bad shout and he could very well capture some of his form in France. I still think that he could significantly improve next season but it's a major gamble which could prove to hurt us at crunch time.

Bossa

Established Member

Eduardo + cash for Lloris, Toulalan or Gonalons, would be great.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus

Eddie might be on his way out, but that piece (being kind here) is rather poorly written and of little value in and of itself.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu

I don't care where he go to be honest, but he needs to leave and we really need a replacement

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless

Could be a great move for both parties. I can't forsee him being first choice here again and he will feel he has the abillity to be first choice at a top team.

True Gooner

Established Member

Clrnc said:
I don't care where he go to be honest

I do. If he does leave I want him to go to a decent club play at a decent level and win a few trophies after his career nearly ended two years ago while playing for us.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah

I doubt Toulalan would come in a swap loan deal... but if he is available, TAKE HIM.

Lloris is more likely though, Id say send Eddie over.

TOPG

Established Member

SA Gunner said:
I doubt Toulalan would come in a swap loan deal... but if he is available, TAKE HIM.

Why do you think so? Lloris is a quality keeper and he is only 23 years old, no chance Lyon would sell him only if an massive offer came in 20mil+. Lyon arent stupid you know they got good money for Essien, M.Diarra, Malouda etc and that was a couple of years ago imagine now when there are ridiculous prices in the market.

MAK 14

Established Member

True Gooner said:
Clrnc said:
I don't care where he go to be honest

I do. If he does leave I want him to go to a decent club play at a decent level and win a few trophies after his career nearly ended two years ago while playing for us.
Absolutely. If he leaves this club - which I really hope he doesn't - I'll be sure to follow his career and hope he does well.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah

TOPG said:
SA Gunner said:

Why do you think so? Lloris is a quality keeper and he is only 23 years old, no chance Lyon would sell him only if an massive offer came in 20mil+. Lyon arent stupid you know they got good money for Essien, M.Diarra, Malouda etc and that was a couple of years ago imagine now when there are ridiculous prices in the market.

For sure, in reality both the players I mentioned would not leave their club in this moment in time as they are both established first teamers.

Its an argument for the "more likely" player to be sent over in exchange for Eddie.

kamikaze80

Established Member

anyone who thinks lyon is going to give us lloris for a striker who's past it is delusional. they're in the CL semifinals, they're not some mickey mouse club we can bend over a barrel. stop playing so much FM and live in the real world for a second.

yakso

Yup can't see getting Lloris for Eddie. Especially Lyon as they are quite notorious for milking money from players.

banduan

Established Member

If Chamakh comes I am almost certain Ed will go. The writing's on the wall, poor guy.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka

With Chamakh coming and RVP, Bendtner, Walcott and Vela, maybe Wenger is indeed interested in this.

A swap for either Lloris or Gonalson with cash in eitehr way is welcome, but I am skeptic Wenger will deal with Lyon, because they always overprice their players in transfer market and it's difficult to do business with them.

IBL

Established Member

I fear Edu will become redundant if Chamakh arrives so not a bad move. A real shame, Edu was shaping up to be some player before his horrific injury, and by all means he still could be but just how long can we wait for him to achieve that?

darthwenger

I'd be sad to see him go as had hopes of big things from him but after the injury he just hasn't been the same. His finishing is poor and he has def lost pace.

Probably a move to France or a slower less physical league would be better for his career.

ricky1985

Established Member

<a class="postlink" href="http://arsenal-mania.com/articles/3108385/Eduardo-wants-Brazil-move.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://arsenal-mania.com/articles/31083 ... -move.html</a>?
Eduardo wants Brazil move
Eduardo Da Silva says that he dreams of returning to his homeland Brazil at some point in his career.

The striker moved from Brazil to Croatia as a teenager, and represents the Croatian national team, but says that his heart is still very much in his homeland.

Eduardo has a contract with Arsenal until 2014, but would ideally like to end his career in the Brazilian league.

He said: "I have signed a contract with Arsenal until June 2014 and I am happy in London. I hope that I will stay there but I would also like to test myself in the Brazilian League.

"I dream of playing for Vasco Da Gama. I remember as a child watching Romario scoring great goals. He was my idol and he was the player that made me want to become a striker.

"It won't be easy because I would go there and be like a foreigner myself. But it would be beautiful to experience it, even for just one year.

"The Brazilian mentality in football is unique. I have enjoyed great experiences in Europe and many things would have to change for me to go to Brazil.

"Members of my family are in Brazil. I went back there to recover from my injury and I still love the country."

The 27-year-old maintained, however, that his main focus for the moment is helping current club Arsenal to a win over Tottenham on Wednesday.

"But now I am concentrating on Arsenal and fighting for the Premier League. The key now for us is to defeat Tottenham and we are ready for the challenge."

Hmmmm.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Young players need freedom of expression to develop as creative players... they should be encouraged to try skills without fear of failure.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom