• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Considering Transfer Targets: Summer 2022 šŸ›’

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 14,044
  • Views 976,798

If we only make one more signing, which would you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ArsenalInMyHeart

This is your brain on ITK addiction
I realize nobody of our midfielders is dynamic and can run maybe Partey but he injured too much.
If we look at Real yesterday, they have Valvedre, Camavinga and maybe Tchouameni.
My dream is Bissouma or maybe another option alternative is C.DoucourƩ, Haidara,

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Arteta seems to want a hybrid of elite Pep & Wenger teams.

So far he's had to set up his teams to suit the players at his disposal, rather than having a clear system & buying players to put in it. Ramsdale, White & Ƙdegaard gives an indication of what his vision is/was, but we still had to make it up as we went along due to not having the strikers to complete the puzzle.

Next season we should hopefully see exactly how he intends us to play.
You'll be spouting this same delusional crap this time next year when he finishes 7th after burning 150m in the market. How come every half decent manager can go to a new club and make an impact within months with the players they inherit? I'm not even speaking about elite managers. I'm speaking about good managers who could be elite like Howe and Vieira. Why does this delicate genius get a pass for failing to do what less hyped managers do immediately when he's had 30 months in the job?

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
You'll be spouting this same delusional crap this time next year when he finishes 7th after burning 150m in the market. How come every half decent manager can go to a new club and make an impact within months with the players they inherit? I'm not even speaking about elite managers. I'm speaking about good managers who could be elite like Howe and Vieira. Why does this delicate genius get a pass for failing to do what less hyped managers do immediately when he's had 30 months in the job?
Chill out man. Its just my take on things. Just because my take is different to yours doesn't make me deluded.

Considering the mess previous hierachys put the club in, the current manager has taken steps to clean it up. Has he got everything right? No. But we going in the right direction & I'm not sure how much better other managers would have done with the mess they took over.

It's really not worth getting so worked up about bud.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Arteta seems to want a hybrid of elite Pep & Wenger teams.

So far he's had to set up his teams to suit the players at his disposal, rather than having a clear system & buying players to put in it. Ramsdale, White & Ƙdegaard gives an indication of what his vision is/was, but we still had to make it up as we went along due to not having the strikers to complete the puzzle.

Next season we should hopefully see exactly how he intends us to play.
Where do you see the influence of Wenger? Wenger was all about fluidity, third man runs from deep and combination play with his creative players. Rarely do you see one of our midfielders push up and rarer will you see combination play with our attackers.

GLITCH

Chill out man. Its just my take on things. Just because my take is different to yours doesn't make me deluded.

Considering the mess previous hierachys put the club in, the current manager has taken steps to clean it up. Has he got everything right? No. But we going in the right direction & I'm not sure how much better other managers would have done with the mess they took over.

It's really not worth getting so worked up about bud.
He took us from 5th to 8th (twice) and out of European competition, then needed to spend Ā£150m just to put the club back where he dragged it down from.

dashsnow17

Doesnā€™t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ā­
None of the sounds Iā€™m hearing at the moment make me confident for top 4 next season. Weā€™re still up against a full season of Conte with two elite strikers (before he f*cks off and it blows up), Utd just need some coaching, could go tits up for them but not assured.

Jesus and Tielemans is essentially where weā€™re at, right, plus a random fullback probably. Like fine, itā€™s addressing needs, but itā€™s not getting us the goals we need.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
Where do you see the influence of Wenger? Wenger was all about fluidity, third man runs from deep and combination play with his creative players. Rarely do you see one of our midfielders push up and rarer will you see combination play with our attackers.
I think the most obvious example is all 3 of our goals vs Watford. Yes crap opposition, but nevertheless, the goals all reminded me of Arsenal of old & all the elements you mention above.

It didn't happen like that all too often, but you sense that is the game he wants us to implement. Ƙdegaard is crucial to that & I can see why he likes Tielemans for the same reason, altho Tielemans will seriously need to work on his running to fit into the pressing side of things.

N@th@n

Something like this is looking likely at the moment. Just for numbers before we even think about improvements (new RB and LB).

Ramsdale/Turner/Okonkwo
Tomiyasu/Cedric
White/Saliba
Gabriel/Holding
Tierney/Tavares
Partey/Lokonga/Elneny
Tielemans/Xhaka
Ƙdegaard/New Signing
Martinelli/ESR
Saka/Nelson
Jesus/Nketiah

In
Tielemans
Jesus
Turner
Saliba (return)
I'd have AMN over Cedric for a year but thats unlikely.

N@th@n

Something like this is looking likely at the moment. Just for numbers before we even think about improvements (new RB and LB).

Ramsdale/Turner/Okonkwo
Tomiyasu/Cedric
White/Saliba
Gabriel/Holding
Tierney/Tavares
Partey/Lokonga/Elneny
Tielemans/Xhaka
Ƙdegaard/New Signing
Martinelli/ESR
Saka/Nelson
Jesus/Nketiah

In
Tielemans
Jesus
Turner
Saliba (return)
I'd love the new signing to be someone like Nkunku who raises the level of the team and is versatile enough to cover different roles.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
He took us from 5th to 8th (twice) and out of European competition, then needed to spend Ā£150m just to put the club back where he dragged it down from.
Jeez. All clubs need to inject money into the side to progress. If anything it's indicative of players previous managers have bought that have been crap or problematic. At least Arteta is trying to do something about it..

Some peeps on here need to take a reality check. Look at Liverpool, spent a lot of money to put themselves where they are now. City, they're on another level. Chelsea & Utd just throw money around hoping some of it sticks but they know they basically have owners willing to give green lights on deals. We are not in those positions..

Yes, those clubs have elite managers, we don't, this is Artetas first job. I think a level of taking all those factors into consideration is needed before peeps throw all their toys out of the pram.

But then, it's just a matter of opinion.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Ramsdale/Turner/Okonkwo
Tomiyasu/Cedric
White/Saliba
Gabriel/Holding
Tierney/Tavares
Partey/Lokonga/Elneny
Tielemans/Xhaka
Ƙdegaard/New Signing
Martinelli/ESR
Saka/Nelson
Jesus/Nketiah

In
Tielemans
Jesus
Turner
Saliba (return)
That team wonā€™t make top 5 lool

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
And will need 200 million to keep the club at 5th. He is a joke, but so is the club. I donā€™t think we will finish ahead of Sp**s in years
We've been behind Sp**s every season since 2016/2017.

It's absolutely ****ing vile and I don't have any faith the club, with these ****tard ****bag owners, and this manager, will reverse the course.

6666Louis

Seems like many on here have a hard time dissecting the way the club has been run the past 20, the money imbalance compared to oil and gas clubs and those with more fans, and the shape of our club at different points in time.

One thingā€™s for certain, letā€™s continue posting frivolous slurs at our coach. Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Dennis Bergkamp is the club's unconditional idol, a perfectionist whom I never saw make a careless technical move.

ArsĆØne Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom