• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Considering Transfer Targets: Summer 2022 🛒

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 14,044
  • Views 970,018

If we only make one more signing, which would you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

I must say, this thread is a wonderful marker of who actually wants to talk football and who has an emotional maturity level akin to my young son. Metaphorical wrist slitting over missing out on players that almost nobody mentioned, let alone thought we would buy, at the start of the month.

Our absolute priority was striker. We've got a good one. We've got another guy who can play 10, 8 and wide. And a right-sided highly rated punt for peanuts. And Saliba coming back. We are already stronger than last year, and we are clearly trying to buy other positions of need as well.

Sp**s are doing well getting their players early, but how many of them would start for Arsenal? Even their new 60m man would be a maybe. Chelsea are trying to buy everyone but so far are just bleeding defenders. Liverpool spent the best part of 100m on a guy with a lot of promise, but have lost one of Europe's best inside forwards for less than they bought the broken Ox for. United have done a great job of losing players, including their most talented midfielder they never worked out how to use, and have nearly completed a reserve left back.

Even half the top Bosman options are still on the market..

Lets chill for at least another fortnight

Would you say, some of the posters type like they were found in the Jungle?

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
We spent 75M on tow very good players but still look dissapointed because we losing our targets we started well but now we got stabbed in back twice and also wasted our time.

There still 3 positions need strengthen and there still much time left important to get players that close to Raphinha and a number 8 like Tielemans who i don't know why what we waiting for if we interested
We have like 10 players that need to get out of the team... Let's be realistic, they won't get it. Edu sucks but it doesn't help Arteta threw away our best chance to compete and progress for not getting top4. Where some see progress I see serious questions about where are we going without a clear strategy.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
We have like 10 players that need to get out of the team... Let's be realistic, they won't get it. Edu sucks but it doesn't help Arteta threw away our best chance to compete and progress for not getting top4. Where some see progress I see serious questions about where are we going without a clear strategy.
The selling most big clubs in England look struggle because Europe is broke meaning we have to loan them again Sigh or PL club buy them. There is plan but without CL it won't progress its clear you still attract good players like G.Jesus Partey but with CL make things much easier

yorch44

The selling most big clubs in England look struggle because Europe is broke meaning we have to loan them again Sigh or PL club buy them. There is plan but without CL it won't progress its clear you still attract good players like G.Jesus Partey but with CL make things much easier
Just excuses... AMN should not be here anymore if Arteta and him wouldn't maintain him only to freeze him. We had a very nice offer for him. It didn't help neither we were paying players to leave. Bellerin could be 5M but now they want him free only because they know we are willing to do it. Show you are weak and inexperienced and others will take the advantage. Torreira could be sold as well but we are like, 20M or nothing... Just take what you can instead of nothing.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

The more i think about the more i think Zaha and Tielemans will be smart signings 1 year left 2 very experienced quality players and thier wages won't be major factor.

We want winger who ease pressure on Saka and can start as LW too so imo Zaha mane perfect sense i really can't think of anyone as good.
Good suggestion, I think Zaha might be a good bargain with one year in contract. Best available winger bargain in EPL after Raphinha, Sterling and Jesus? Wonder how much would do it? Soon 30, but we need experience to the team.

Has played almost as much on the RW as LW, has also played ST. EPL proven. Exactly the positions we need. Would make perfect sense for some good price.

It would be preferrable though if the player is a bit younger, but those are more expensive usually too.

yorch44

This is how I imagine Edu and friends sending bids and why we take like a week or more between every bid we make.

Brazilian cows btw
cow village GIF

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
This is how I imagine Edu and friends sending bids and why we take like a week or more between every bid we make.

Brazilian cows btw
cow village GIF
Pretty sure it is but my sources say the end destination of the trip is a butcher.

Can't have an elite bbq without fresh steaks on the grill

blrgooner

Established Member
I'm not going to panic yet either, but just frustrated. Like i said, Vieira 30m, Lisandro 40m (yes i know it won't happen but the intent was there). Thats 70m on players who won't start. Chelsea are chasing Sterling for 40m. Utd will get De Jong for 60m. These clubs already have 'difference makers' in their squads aswell.
I do get your point, but comparing sterling and de Jong in terms of transfer fee without considering wages is not fair imo. Both of them are much bigger investments and much riskier because of the fact that resale value world be much lesser. So i don't think spending 30m on Viera and spending 40m on sterling is the same thing at all.
I would love to see us signing one of those sterling/de Jong though just that i feel financially, i can imagine why we are not competing.

BobP

Memri Fan
Not that disappointed about the news surrounding Lisandro. Spending 50M on another CB when we already have 3 very capable ones always seemed a bit of an overkill. Also don't trust claims that he's equally capable at LB/DM, just some bullshit our fans came up with to explain away the potential glut of CBs.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

I voted yes because I don't want these two unqualified tw*ts to waste money that can be used by a better pair of DoF & Manager next summer.

The frustration stems from the fact we have a huge key piece missing on midfield that apparently we're taking our sweet time to sign for no discernible reason. To put it in simple terms, if Xhaka-Partey is the best midfield pair we can field after the transfer window, it has been a failure.

For me, we're on track to have a similar window we had last season, where we spent more than 100M and ended up downgrading the team. Decent attempt to do better pursuing Raphinha, but we need one of those to actually happen.

If Leno, Bellerine, Mari, Mustafi?, to Ramsdale, Tomi, White, Gabriel is a downgrade and I didn't know, I should perhaps follow another sport!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If Ryan Giggs is worth 20 millions, Bergkamp is worth 100 million

Marco Van Basten
Top Bottom