• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Considering Transfer Targets: Summer 2022 đź›’

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 14,044
  • Views 971,630

If we only make one more signing, which would you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
The drought between our trophy wins in 2005 and 2014, was awful.

It's not the Premier League or Champions League, but the FA cup is the next best trophy to win (along with the Europa) we should never take it for granted, especially since we are the record holders in it.

SpinWiz

New account of rich_1990

It's not the Premier League or Champions League, but the FA cup is the next best trophy to win (along with the Europa) we should never take it for granted, especially since we are the record holders in it.
Top class post this. Fa Cup is a top trophy to win with only one other competition valued lower than it.

Halcyon Daze

Not disparaging it. Proud of our record, but times have changed. It doesn’t mean what it used to. That’s the reality. We all know why.

Riou

Xhaka's bro was his bestie at Basel IIRC.

Signing more players to make Granit's position at the club more secure...

91d.gif

Riou

Not disparaging it. Proud of our record, but times have changed. It doesn’t mean what it used to. That’s the reality. We all know why.

Pretty sure people have been saying it ain't what it used to be, my entire time as an Arsenal fan :lol:

Maybe they are right...but it's given me several of the best days of my life when we have won it, so it still feels great to me.

goonerfamily

Europa is an echelon above the FA cup for me.

1.CL 2. PL. 3. Europa 4. FA 5. Carabao

CS and super cups do not count as trophies

Riou

Not much to talk about now obviously. Except something that we arent allowed to talk about.

About he Community Shield not getting the respect it deserves as a trophy on AM.

Agree, it's a crying shame.

Riou

Just seen Merse say he's been speaking to Edu, and we are definitely signing a few more players.

That's the optimism back for me!

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Was at Wembley in 2015 for example. Yeah it meant a lot to me. But at the end of the day it’s the FA Cup. Haven’t been mixing it with the big boys for so, so long.
What was Highbury like in the 60s?

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
They really not the once who buying. They want a new young team but we have buy experience it's not 2007 anymore when we had exciting young team league got more competitive.
I agree but Edu and Arteta would rather buy youth so they can blame their age rather than accept responsibility when they fail.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
I agree, but you take well researched risks. Hate to keep going back to this example, but everybody could see Olise' quality at Reading. Palace got him for 8m. You want a young talent to compete straight away, look at Brennan Johnson, Joao Pedro, or someone who has thrived in English football. Otherwise, use our young talent and use the funds to get 2 or 3 quality signings in. Quality over quantity.

Vieira isn't even capped by Portugal - 30m
This guy doesn't start most games for Kosovo.
To be fair to Vieira, he has like 1 season of regular football and plays in the position where portugal are strongest. Funny isn't it how between Eusebio & C Ronaldo Portugal couldn't find a top striker, but always seems to have like 30 top draw attacking midfielders and widemen. Imagine that Portugal team of the early 2000s with a peak C Ronaldo up front...

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Let’s not sugar coat it, the FA Cup is trash. All this greatest cup competition in the world stuff is for the nostalgists. It used to mean something, not any more. Nobody cares if we won it a few times recently. The last decade and more has been a disaster. We are where we deserve to be. Not a CL proposition right now.
Didn't feel like that at Wembley. While it might not be all that in global reputation stakes, winning the fa cup is still brilliant - especially when you've won it more times than anyone else. And 500 million viewers around the world suggests its still a thing...

Gunners1616

His stats in the swiss league doesnt look impressive.

Didn't know him until today tbh but from the video below, looks like he is quite gifted at dribbling. Obviously he only played in dusted leagues so not sure it would translate well into the PL and we have enough young talents at this point...

But i wouldn't mind if the goal is just to replace the likes of Nelson at no significant cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I've never been a goalscorer. I've only owned goals. Good own goals.

Steve Bould

Latest posts

Top Bottom