• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu’s Relentless Transfer Targets: January 2023

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 7,563
  • Views 515,717
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Like the sound of Edson Alvarez. Watched him the other night against Pool, looked good.

As for being complete, we need a few more players IMO. Mudryk is a good shout, Danilo too. But we need another forward like Osimhen/Leao. Another attacking midfielder who can rotate with Xhaka, and a left footed ball playing CB.

Next summer if we do something like Osimhen/Leao, Mudryk, Alvarez, Danilo, Gvardiol (or similar). Then bring back BNC, Patino, we will be complete I reckon.

I'd sacrifice the majority of our entire budget next summer (provided it's supplemented by an additional amount courtesy of our return to the Champions League) on Rafael Leão.

His explosive style of play has a similarity to a certain King of Highbury.

What better place in England for him to ply his trade in? 😉

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Probably asking for too much mate :lol: I mean, we have been spending like a sugar daddy club past 4 years but if we signed all of those players we would be fighting with City lol.

I would prefer we sell Xhaka too and get a proper number 8 like Barella/Jacob Ramsey/Caicedo etc but probably will need another window.

Man's gotta dream mate :lol:

Think you are right though, we'd probably not spend at super levels anymore, even though we are quite close now to elite levels. Lets hope we bring in some good cover for our key positions, I'd love to see us kick on from here.

TornadoTed

Established Member
Man's gotta dream mate :lol:

Think you are right though, we'd probably not spend at super levels anymore, even though we are quite close now to elite levels. Lets hope we bring in some good cover for our key positions, I'd love to see us kick on from here.
Even though £118m is a colossal amount of money the reality is we still don't spend that much in comparison to our rivals. We were 7th highest spenders overall this Summer and 5th out of the big 6. Chelsea and Man Utd both spent almost double our outlay.

We would have probably been 8th overall and 6th of the big 6 if it hadn't been for Man City having an unusually frugal Summer.

The spending will have to continue if we are going to compete. We desperately need Champions League, keep spending smartly and better commercial deals to keep up though as we have really fallen behind the other 5 clubs in the big 6 for revenue.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Even though £118m is a colossal amount of money the reality is we still don't spend that much in comparison to our rivals. We were 7th highest spenders overall this Summer and 5th out of the big 6. Chelsea and Man Utd both spent almost double our outlay.

We would have probably been 8th overall and 6th of the big 6 if it hadn't been for Man City having an unusually frugal Summer.

The spending will have to continue if we are going to compete. We desperately need Champions League, keep spending smartly and better commercial deals to keep up though as we have really fallen behind the other 5 clubs in the big 6 for revenue.
But then again when we look at Net Spend we are right up there, mainly because we suck big time at selling.

Also, we were the highest summer spender last 2 seasons before the other clubs outspent us this year.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Not sure we need him anymore after the post-ponements and Partey coming back. 1 year deal max.

Of course we should buy him only to see Xeka passing to Xhaka who passes Saka through.

Also he was born in Paredes, Portugal. This means he is almost the same as if we got Paredes instead of Juve.

TornadoTed

Established Member
But then again when we look at Net Spend we are right up there, mainly because we suck big time at selling.

Also, we were the highest summer spender last 2 seasons before the other clubs outspent us this year.
Not true, we were top spenders last Summer but in 2020 Chelsea spent £222m while we were 7th again with £77m.

The net spend has been pretty big because of the ridiculous wages handed out under the old regime I'll give you that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

We don't sign superstars, we make them.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom